Help me design my fight stick.

#1 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

So I might be getting a fight stick today and I'm not sure what my "custom" faceplate should be. I just got GIMP so I have tools to do so. I would love to make my own desing, but I lack the skills to start from scratch. If anyone could start me out with nay ideas and basic template that would be great. I'm not a making a character specific face (Pantyshot's stick for example).

#2 Edited by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

they have the template for the TE stick, SE stuff and others on shoryuken.com in the tech section.
as far as finding images, just google stuff.

#3 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

you can find some pretty kick ass wallpapers online that can sort of give you an idea on what you want. 
for example, type in "Blue Wallpapers" on google... 

dude... 

From there, let your imagination fly. 
#4 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

if you need inspiration you should try smoking a bowl

#5 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

Profound Sadness, Guy themed stick. Do it, now. THERE IS YOUR INSPIRATION MR. DIRECTOR

#6 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

yo do a stick but put weed leaves all over it thatd be sick

#7 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" yo do a stick but put weed leaves all over it thatd be sick "
This.
Also put a bunch of tits.
Maybe some flames?

Scratch that, just go for the Ed Hardy look.
#8 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Heylook said:
" @Scooper said:
This. Also put a bunch of tits. Maybe some flames?  Scratch that, just go for the Ed Hardy look. "
ye loads of flames and mayb some tribal tattoos
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

I WANT A HAMBURGER ARCADE STICK NOW!                 DO IT

#10 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Hmm, now im contemplating doing a Bombcast arcade stick template 

#11 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN:  Your gonna have to fork that over to me.
#12 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Hmm, this is gonna be harder than i thought. the BG image at the Bombcast page is too small, the pic in near the middle, and i cant snip out the pic in photoshop out to move it freely. 
Oh well, perhaps i need to think this one through.
#13 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN said:
" Hmm, this is gonna be harder than i thought. the BG image at the Bombcast page is too small, the pic in near the middle, and i cant snip out the pic in photoshop out to move it freely. Oh well, perhaps i need to think this one through. "
 Yeah, if you aint got high quality images, the quality will bug you forever.... and ever. Kinda hard to hide it when its blown up and in sight all the time. 

I'm going for a 3s stick, it's gonna be sick. inspiration? err whats your favorite fighting game / game series / character? 
#14 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper said:
Somewhere on it, put JOINT OPS, BRO, and BLUNT TRAUMA, DAWG.
#15 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

You should include this somewhere on the plate.
#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Profound Sadness, Guy themed stick. Do it, now. THERE IS YOUR INSPIRATION MR. DIRECTOR "
I approve of this.
#17 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@jmrwacko said:
"
 You should include this somewhere on the plate.
"
awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.