Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Need some matchup help

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

As you know i play Guile and my worst match-ups are Bison and Abel . You've seen how i play so you got any pointers ? 

I didn't play very well but this is typically how my fights go with Bison 

NOW FACE THE MIGHTY BISON
     NOW FACE THE MIGHTY BISON

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

Yeah, here's some good advice - stop being a turtle/runaway Guile.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

I had problems with Bison for a while but I found the best tactic against him as Guile is to go on the offensive. If you sit in a corner and camp it out he'll wreck you. Keep as much pressure as you can on him on his wakeup but watch out for his Ultra which alot of Bisons throw out because it's relatively safe and very hard if not impossible to do alot of damage except an EX Flashkick. Bison's kick is dangerous and his scissor kick is a pain but if it's a deep one that you've blocked you can hit him with a c.MP Flashkick kind of like Cammy's Spiral Arrow or Sagat's Tiger Knee. Most Bisons use Short Scissor kick though which is pretty safe.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm said:

" Yeah, here's some good advice - stop being a turtle/runaway Guile. "

I have got to agree with this. Just because you are using a charge character, you don't necessarily need to hold down back all the time. Any time you are jumping begin your charge for when you land. Guile pressure can be annoying as hell, you are going too easy on people by only using Sonic Booms and random flash kicks.
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vade

Stop being such a bitch when he's close. Be more offensive. Guile has good normals.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm said:
    I have got to agree with this. Just because you are using a charge character, you don't necessarily need to hold down back all the time. Any time you are jumping begin your charge for when you land. Guile pressure can be annoying as hell, you are going to easy on people by only using Sonic Booms and random flash kicks. "
    I'll play mind games for the first few seconds into a match. I'll throw a Sonic Boom, dash forward a few times, and I try to get them into a habitual habit of throwing a fireball, so I can FADC through it and start putting some pressure on. I never have one real I start a match. It's usually a Sonic Boom, but sometimes I'll dash forward and freak them out.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm said:

I have got to agree with this. Just because you are using a charge character, you don't necessarily need to hold down back all the time. Any time you are jumping begin your charge for when you land. Guile pressure can be annoying as hell, you are going too easy on people by only using Sonic Booms and random flash kicks. "
    I back off when i panic basically . bison is the character i feel least confident in fighting so i try and turtle ....
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm said:

I have got to agree with this. Just because you are using a charge character, you don't necessarily need to hold down back all the time. Any time you are jumping begin your charge for when you land. Guile pressure can be annoying as hell, you are going too easy on people by only using Sonic Booms and random flash kicks. "
    I agree.  I play Honda and most of the time I'm offensive.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm

You can throw M. Bison out of everything except EX Head Stomp. I'm not afraid to put an air - overzealous Bison on the ground and show him what'sup. When he does the Psycho Crusher, block it, and then immediately hit c.LP(x3) > Somersault Kick, or you can simply throw him.

EDIT: If you're also fighting an M. Bison that is turtling and down-backing, simply use your overhead attack (fwd.s.MP) + a Fierce Attack to get them to do something. The overhead attack will make them think they have an opening right when you hit them and it will open them up for a Fierce Attack.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper

Protip: If you're playing against a shoto start the first round with a sonic boom. The second round 50% of the time they will do a Tatsu/Demon Flip at the very start of the round which I Air Grab, it makes people shit their pants. I remember playing Ultima ages ago and I was pretty good at guessing when he was going to demon flip and I managed to grab alot of them. It's immensely satisfying. There's noting cooler then air grabbing a tatsu. It's a big mindfuck to some players.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Napalm said:

I agree.  I play Honda and most of the time I'm offensive. "
    No shit, you make my Ken look passive. You are great at applying pressure.
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jaycee13

man i hate bison. I have no idea how to tackle them unless they are the headstomp spamming type.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I beat you 1 million dollars you have no Gen experience. Making that your worst match up.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " I beat you 1 million dollars you have no Gen experience. Making that your worst match up. "
    All Gen's are free, no Gen experience is more then enough Gen experience.

Yeah, I just crossed that line.
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By JokerClown88

I play Guile, but you have to do something that most Guile users are afraid to do when playing Guile.  Play Offensively.  Its what I do  Get in there in the other players face.  You do NOT need to use only your special moves.  It is possible to charge while using other attacks, so that you can finish combos with your specials.  An Offensive Guile can be a very scary Guile.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thrawn1
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Napalm said:

I agree.  I play Honda and most of the time I'm offensive. "
    what's your gt btw? I'm always up for the honda mirror
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    " I beat you 1 million dollars you have no Gen experience. Making that your worst match up. "
    All Gen's are free, no Gen experience is more then enough Gen experience.  Yeah, I just crossed that line. "
    s.MK is Guile's best friend against a Gen player. Well, that bad ones at least. Oh boy, is there a lot of them as well. "HAI GENS SMALL HOP JUMP WORKS IN EVERY SITUATION."

Throw the s.MK out and it deflects that shit. It's so funny to see Gen players freak out when I take that away from them. But then again, the real good Gen players mess me up pretty bad.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JJOR64
    @Thrawn: Mirror matches make me want to kill myself, especially Honda vs Honda.  Anyways, my GT is JJOR64.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AniMoney

Honestly, it doesn't seem like you need matchup help as much as just getting better on the basics. 

If you want to be a defensive player, that's fine, don't care what other people think. Just use jab sonic booms and antiair them when they jump with c.hp or airthrow. That's his basic gameplay.

If you want to be more aggressive, then use your overhead (forward + mp) more and cross them up, throw them, poke, just get in their face and stay there. 

But honestly I think having a good defense is more of a priority that offense for you.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    All Gen's are free, no Gen experience is more then enough Gen experience.  Yeah, I just crossed that line. "
    Oh snap ! Thems fighting talks
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @AniMoney said:
    " Honestly, it doesn't seem like you need matchup help as much as just getting better on the basics.  If you want to be a defensive player, that's fine, don't care what other people think. Just use jab sonic booms and antiair them when they jump with c.hp or airthrow. That's his basic gameplay. If you want to be more aggressive, then use your overhead (forward + mp) more and cross them up, throw them, poke, just get in their face and stay there.  But honestly I think having a good defense is more of a priority that offense for you. "
    Don't worry Scooper is teaching me the hard way ... 15-0 today
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    Oh snap ! Thems fighting talks "
    It is all love. Hedgehog is a beast, he can be a real thorn in my ass when he has a life lead. 

If Scooper is picking on you send him my way, I well set him straight!
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Stang said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    It is all love. Hedgehog is a beast, he can be a real thorn in my ass when he has a life lead.   If Scooper is picking on you send him my way, I well set him straight! "
    Heh that's a match I'd like to see . One of you should record it :3
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stang
    @turbomonkey138: Yep, once my camera is here Scooper is up first. :evil laugh:
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    It is all love. Hedgehog is a beast, he can be a real thorn in my ass when he has a life lead.   If Scooper is picking on you send him my way, I well set him straight! "
    Heh that's a match I'd like to see . One of you should record it :3 "
    I beat you 15 - 0. Stang will beat me 25 - 0. It's not an interesting thing to see.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    I beat you 15 - 0. Stang will beat me 25 - 0. It's not an interesting thing to see. "
    it will please me
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    I beat you 15 - 0. Stang will beat me 25 - 0. It's not an interesting thing to see. "
    it will please me "
    I bet it would. I might record our next meeting and make a thread "How to get your ass beaten". It's sure to get alot of views.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    it will please me "
    I bet it would. I might record our next meeting and make a thread "How to get your ass beaten". It's sure to get alot of views. "
    Add it to the pile of videos of me getting my ass beaten lol
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    it will please me "
    I bet it would. I might record our next meeting and make a thread "How to get your ass beaten". It's sure to get alot of views. "
    MOAR GUILE RAPE, GET KY JELLY.

MOOOOOAAAARRRRREEEEEEYAYAYAYAYALUKILUKILUKIYAYAYAYAYA.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang

All yall bitches be free. Come get some.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Stang said:
    " All yall bitches be free. Come get some. "
    I wish we had good connection to each other ...... lol
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Chokobo
    @Vade said:
    " Stop being such a bitch when he's close. Be more offensive. Guile has good normals. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.