Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Official "How do I do that trial move"? Thread

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

I'll start, Sagat's very first trial, there's a move called "fake kick" that reads:

(Begin with standing High Kick) High Kick

I'm completely stumped, whatever this move is I lack the ability to execute it, can anyone help?
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Manachild
    FLStyle said:
    "I'll start, Sagat's very first trial, there's a move called "fake kick" that reads:

I'm completely stumped, whatever this move is I lack the ability to execute it, can anyone help?
    "
    Dont know if this will help
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FLStyle

Ahh thank you, I can see the move bein executed now, I'm still unable to do it myself, hopefully someone there can give a tip.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Reale

chun li's heavy kick into rapid... watched the vid but going to take me a while to get it lol (i suck at sf)

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By xxNBxx

FLStyle said:

"I'll start, Sagat's very first trial, there's a move called "fake kick" that reads:

"

Put 2 H kicks on your controler and press them almost at the same time or set your turbo on for the H kick(ez way is the turbo, but if you don't have it 2 H kicks seems the only way)

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Serker

Zangiefs medium punch into a banishing flat. timing is busted on that i swear

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    Basically, map Heavy Kick to the face buttons and start playing Track & Field.

I really don't know why this move is even in there, or where you would use it.

I mean there are already enough frirckin' cancels in the game.

It's not like you need a fake move.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Luke

Yeah, Capcom was smoking crack when they put this in the game... unless there's some secret to it, i don't see (or haven't seen) anyone ever using this move.

They should have made it like Ken, where you just hold the H Kick to fake.

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By satseb

If anyone is interested, here is Gouken's trial mode playthrough in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjhu8k9MPc&fmt=22

It's helped me substantially so far.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By sickVisionz

Crimson Viper

• Focus Mode
    • EX Thuder Knuckle
    • Emergency Combination

I can't figure out the timing on landing the EX hit after doing focus mode.

Training more would be like 200% better if you could watch the computer pull off the combo.  5000% better if there was a button input displayed while this happened.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xxNBxx
    Reale said:
    "chun li's heavy kick into rapid... watched the vid but going to take me a while to get it lol (i suck at sf)
    "
    Turbo is your friend.  If you don't have it then you might have to work up a sweat mashing the kick as fast as you can.

Serker said:
    "Zangiefs medium punch into a banishing flat. timing is busted on that i swear
    "

Its not.  Have you tried holding forword as your hitting the medium then do the banishing motion?

sickVisionz
    said:
    "Crimson Viper

• Focus Mode
    • EX Thuder Knuckle
    • Emergency Combination

I can't figure out the timing on landing the EX hit after doing focus mode.

Training more would be like 200% better if you could watch the computer pull off the combo.  5000% better if there was a button input displayed while this happened.
    "
    Have you been Dashing out of the Focus Attack?  If not then hold down the Focus Attack just before the attack is set off Dash forword and do the EX Thunder knuckle and as soon as you do that motion do the super.
    coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By coffeesash

Ryu Normal Challenge 5, Part 2

• Crouch Light Kick
    • Crouch Light Punch
    • Crouch Medium Kick

I can't get the timing down to make Crouch Medium Kick light up. I also can't find any videos for it on Youtube :(

edit: Never mind... here's a video on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguT3mfpIAk however, the button press timing isn't the same as the timing of the moves actually pulling off..
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Manachild
    xxNBxx said:
    "Reale said:
    "chun li's heavy kick into rapid... watched the vid but going to take me a while to get it lol (i suck at sf)
    "
    Turbo is your friend.  If you don't have it then you might have to work up a sweat mashing the kick as fast as you can.

"
    Lol i totally cheated that one using the turbo button on my arcade stick too
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sickVisionz

I don't think xxNBxx said:

sickVisionz said:
    "Crimson Viper

• Focus Mode
    • EX Thuder Knuckle
    • Emergency Combination

I can't figure out the timing on landing the EX hit after doing focus mode."
    Have you been Dashing out of the Focus Attack?  If not then hold down the Focus Attack just before the attack is set off Dash forword and do the EX Thunder knuckle and as soon as you do that motion do the super."
    I don't think that will work.  I tried it and when I do it, "Focus Attack" doesn't turn red so it seems like the game isn't counting a canceled fa as part of the combo.
    She has a long time where you can't do anything after a focus attack.  You regain control right as the person is about to hit the ground.  I can pull off a low thunder knuckle and connect, but the EX one has a charge up animation and by the time the move is actually pulled off, the person is on the ground and can't be hit.

Nm, I got it.  I didn't know that you could dash cancel after the focus attack has already hit.
    Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By WallacetheGreat

El Fuerte's 4th stage, 2nd move:

• Jumping Heavy Punch
    • Heavy Kick
    • El Fuerte Dynamite

Every time I try to go from the heavy punch to the heavy kick, the kick never hits the opponent. Some advice would be appreciated.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xxNBxx
    WallacetheGreat said:
    "El Fuerte's 4th stage, 2nd move:

• Jumping Heavy Punch
    • Heavy Kick
    • El Fuerte Dynamite

Every time I try to go from the heavy punch to the heavy kick, the kick never hits the opponent. Some advice would be appreciated.
    "
    when you do the jumping H punch make sure to not hit the punch till your almost right ontop of Dan then hit H kick and do the super.
    Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jothel

Argh i just can't do the crouch heavy punch - shoryuken on ryu's 3rd challenge, i just cant get the timing

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tortoise

It would probably be quicker for me to list the cancels I can do than the ones I can't.
    Honestly I don't see this mode past the basic special moves as being any use to a newcomer whatsoever.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sickVisionz
    Tortoise said:
    "It would probably be quicker for me to list the cancels I can do than the ones I can't.
    Honestly I don't see this mode past the basic special moves as being any use to a newcomer whatsoever.
    "

It's helpful, but it'd be alot more helpful if you could see it done successfully done and it would show you the inputs as the computer is pressing them, similar to how when in practice mode you can see all of your inputs as you do them.  Most people's problem is just getting the timing.  Many times, the game doesn't give you the slightest clue as to this so you can spend hours just trying to figure that out.

For example, for the viper one that I was stuck on, the game doesn't tell you that you need to do a cancel after the focus attack hits.  The manual doesn't tell you that you can cancel a focus attack AFTER it hits.  Logically, you'd never think to try this because the word "cancel" implies that you're stopping something.  Canceling a focus attack after it hits makes as much sense as saying you're going to cancel a nuclear strike after the strike has already happened.

Outside of that, the mode is pretty good.  If you stay in there for a long time and practice until you can pull off alot of the moves repeated times, it will help.  One thing that really helps is to always move around a whole bunch (like rapidly press back and forward) then do the move.  There will never be a time in a real fight where the opponent isn't moving and you can walk up, get your distance perfect and launch an attack.  Wiggling the sticks gets you used to doing them while on the move and makes it alot more useful.
    makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By makari

what the challenge mode needs is a bracket linking the moves in question, and next to the bracket it should say what way you need to input the next attack. foooor example:

• Focus Mode -------------------
                                                              |- Dash Cancel
    • EX Thunder Knuckle =------
                                                              |- Cancel
    • Emergency Combination --

And then a CPU demonstration option. Would be 10000000000x better rather than fumbling your way trial+erroring through cancels, dash cancels, links, buffers, etc to get the move right.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BoG

Ok, if anyone can tell me the timing for Chun Li's Focus -> crouching heavy punch ->  medium Spingging bird kick, I would love you. I always go right underneath dan with my bird kick, am I doing it too fast? Any slower and it doesn't cancel the heavy punch. ARGH!

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Gouken trial 3 stage/ move 4 anyone? I saw the vid and heard you had to do a quarter circle before the kick and one after is this true i am going to go try it now

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince

These trials could have been so much better...

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    LiquidPrince said:
    "These trials could have been so much better...
    "
    Yeah I enjoyed soul calibur iv training more than this to be honest
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoG

ok, that one I asked about earlier isn't hard, you just have to do it until it works. I'm now on the hardest combo ever for Chun. Target combo, medium punch, kikoken, special. In terms of controls, that means jump, hold the stick back, two heavy punches, medium punch, release stick + punch and immediately hold again then forward back forward +kick. ACH.

Kraylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kraylor
    BoG said:
    "ok, that one I asked about earlier isn't hard, you just have to do it until it works. I'm now on the hardest combo ever for Chun. Target combo, medium punch, kikoken, special. In terms of controls, that means jump, hold the stick back, two heavy punches, medium punch, release stick + punch and immediately hold again then forward back forward +kick. ACH."
    For that combo, use chun's fireball motion (the charge back, then forward) as the first half of her super. So instead of "jump, hold the stick back, two heavy punches, medium punch, release stick + punch and immediately hold again then forward back forward +kick" it would be "jump, hold the stick back, two heavy punches, medium punch, release stick + punch and forward back forward +kick."

I hope you can make sense of that. I haven't gotten to this one myself, but it works that way for similar combos with other charge characters

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.