Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Player matches...fuck you!

• 83 results
    Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gunner_Thor
    @Neon941 said:
    "I actually go fight player matches when I feel the need to just relax and not really care about winning, hence why I play as Dan a lot. You aren't wrong about the scum of the Street Fighter world gathering there (tons of people playing as Ken who have no idea how to play as him) but I don't tend to have too many problems with rage quits. "

Dan is a pretty dangerous fighter if you use him right.  He depends on a lot of trocks and baits, his moves all break armour, and his Ultra is pretty clean. 
    Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By Neon941
    @Stang: actually Stang I was under the impression that you were rather a force to be reckoned with.

@Gunner_Thor: Oh yeah I agree, especially since a lot of people underestimate him.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Stang
    @Neon941: Nope. I am a scrub. I feel I am going to level up to a noob soon though, so watch out.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Gargantuan

Dunno why but SFIV and fighting games in general makes me very angry. I almost always quit when I'm losing often (which I do since I win about15-25%) and give people negative ratings. I stopped playing multiplayer pretty quickly. 
    Didn't help that I had trouble beating the campaign on the lowest difficulty with Chun-Li the first time I tried.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By lordofultima
    @Gargantuan said:
    " Dunno why but SFIV and fighting games in general makes me very angry. I almost always quit when I'm losing often (which I do since I win about15-25%) and give people negative ratings. I stopped playing multiplayer pretty quickly.  Didn't help that I had trouble beating the campaign on the lowest difficulty with Chun-Li the first time I tried. "
    I never ragequit, but if people seen how very very angry I get while playing this game they would refer me to a psychiatrist.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lordofultima: My flatmates suggested I do. I've lost two keyboards, a controller, my bed frame and a chunk of the wall to Street Fighter 4. 

I was thinking of filing a lawsuit.
    Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Neon941

I think it's just very easy to take fighting games personally. It's a one on one fight, if you lose there's no excuses, the other guy was just better than you and that's often a hard pill to swallow.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Stang
    @Gargantuan: It does not get better as you improve! I have a tad over a 70% win rate, and I turn into a 5 year old if I lose to somebody that I know had no business beating me.

/looks at Ultima

I KID!
    Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gunner_Thor
    @Neon941:
    thats my favorite part about it.  There are no teamates to prop you up, no power ups or cheats you can use.  The entire arsenal is available to anyone.  They DID give noobs Ultra combos to help even it out a bit though.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lordofultima

I do much worse against bad players, mainly because they're not aware of the metagame and play with no respect. The more angry I get the more I suck, so it's counterintuitive. Once I get my strings mashed through like 3 times in a row, the match has pretty much lost all legitimacy that it may have had. It's really a bummer.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: You know I will give you a clean fight! Too bad you are always playing something besides SF and you live a vampire like life style.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang: Ya just play with him until 7am like I did a few days ago. Then you figure out that he really is a vampire. 

@lordofultima: I'm locking my door when we go to Final Round. My blood will not be sucked anytime soon.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: You know I will give you a clean fight! Too bad you are always playing something besides SF and you live a vampire like life style. "
    I actually woke up at 8am today, so will probably be going to bed around 11 pm or midnight tonight. Of course that's just to cover up my vampire ways.
    Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Neon941
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: You know I will give you a clean fight! Too bad you are always playing something besides SF and you live a vampire like life style. "
    I actually woke up at 8am today, so will probably be going to bed around 11 pm or midnight tonight. Of course that's just to cover up my vampire ways. "

That's funny cause I on the other hand stayed up till 5am last night just playing matches over and over, made my bloody hands ache. 

On the subject I actually only played one player match against a guy who played ken or something till i beat him, then he switched to Gouken, turns out the guy's pretty good at spamming fireballs as long as he has a character who can throw them at different angles. On a side note aswell, I am really sick of hearing gouken shout "Hadouken!" his voice grates my nerves.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Stang
    @Neon941: Yeah, I have fought a bunch of shit eaters that head to Gouken after getting pummeled. They are fun to beat as well, just empty jump them on wake up, cause you know they are going to do that counter hit shit. Once you get through the fireball spam, the majority of Gouken's are free.

And anybody who cheats of Ken is somebody I have no interest knowing. That sounds gay as fuck I know, deal with it.

@lordofultima: I got me some new tricks, I need a good Akuma to play against to see if they work or if it is all just a fluke. The fallacy of Live....make you think you know your shit until you play somebody competent.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#66  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I have to admit: I am a bad loser when playing against strangers. So when I actually still played random people online I occasionally... tripped over the power chord. Thus why I only ever played against people on my friend's list. 

Oh well. Once Super Street Fighter 4 comes out I will probably try it again only to be worked over by some flowchart T. Hawks (Yep, predicting it now. T. Hawk is going to be the new scrub character. Obviously) and start the abusive cycle all over again.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lordofultima
    @Neon941 said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    I actually woke up at 8am today, so will probably be going to bed around 11 pm or midnight tonight. Of course that's just to cover up my vampire ways. "
     That's funny cause I on the other hand stayed up till 5am last night just playing matches over and over, made my bloody hands ache.   On the subject I actually only played one player match against a guy who played ken or something till i beat him, then he switched to Gouken, turns out the guy's pretty good at spamming fireballs as long as he has a character who can throw them at different angles. On a side note aswell, I am really sick of hearing gouken shout "Hadouken!" his voice grates my nerves. "
    Yeah well I have a strange reputation for my sleep schedule rotating every couple weeks. I'm going to be at 11pm tonight, but next week I'm going to bed at 3 pm. I think my body tells me to stay up longer than average (like 22 hours instead of 16) and then my body also tells me to sleep longer than average (like 9-11 hours instead of 6-8).
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:

" I do much worse against bad players, mainly because they're not aware of the metagame and play with no respect. "

Is it possible that somebody can explain the science behind this theory? I've had this experience before, and it makes me feel much worse than I actually am for losing to shitty players.

@Symphony said:

" I rage-quit all the time. It's great. I'll rage-quit while I'm finishing someone with an ultra just for fun. I'll rage-quit when they finish with an ultra just to see what sorta message they send me. I rage-quit halfway through the first round, I even rage-quit if they take too long at the character select screen (if they haven't chosen by the time the clock hits 15, I'm out, damn slowpokes). Sometimes, I won't rage-quit, I'll just choose Gief and spinning lariat spam while browsing the internet on my laptop.   I am the reason why Player Matches are no fun and I did it all so you would post this thread. Bwahahahaha! "

Haha, greatest post here.

Though to be serious, the Spinning Lariat is the death to me. Countering the attack between his arms is damn hard, and so I go brain dead when I try and face one of these guys because I just throw out a Sonic Boom and then run over and sweep, because I'm that awesome.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm: It's impossible to play mind games on someone who isn't even aware a mind game is being played on them. If you try to mix your opponent up when they're getting up off the ground, and they mash Shoryuken 100% of the time, there is no mixup. There's not many ways to account for this unless you play incredibly reserved and do nothing, so you will eat a lot of random shit. So their inability to be mindfucked combined with a weird sporadic playstyle that makes absolutely no sense, makes yourself mindfucked. But of course the player isn't even aware that you're mindfucked so...then you get super mindfucked. 

Basically mindfucked.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Napalm: It's impossible to play mind games on someone who isn't even aware a mind game is being played on them. If you try to mix your opponent up when they're getting up off the ground, and they mash Shoryuken 100% of the time, there is no mixup. There's not many ways to account for this unless you play incredibly reserved and do nothing, so you will eat a lot of random shit. So their inability to be mindfucked combined with a weird sporadic playstyle that makes absolutely no sense, makes yourself mindfucked. But of course the player isn't even aware that you're mindfucked so...then you get super mindfucked.  Basically mindfucked. "
    That's some cross-dimension mindfucking shit, dawg.

Honestly though, that makes sense. As (Scooper, I think), mentioned in another thread, Street Fighter IV is very mash-friendly so its very easy for unskilled/clueless players to get by with just playing the game at the most basic, easiest to comprehend level.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Stang

I am starting to have deja vu of a couple months ago, replace Sagat with Ken and I would truly be mind fucked!

But yeah, fuck Sagat. Moreso, fuck Sagat users who think they are good for winning with him. Hey look at me, I can trade damn near anything, hit you with a few kicks and then ultra 60% of your life away, I am so fucking good! 

No.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AniMoney

It's okay to complain about Sagat, but he isn't overpowered or broken. He's top tier, but he isn't unbeatable. Just suck it up and learn to fight him, everyone has some matchups they don't like, just deal with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a gouken player, Sagat and Ryu are fucking pain. His game is mostly about punishment, and when those two throw out attacks I basically have to rely on a quick poke to special (which isn't even guaranteed). Tiger Knee just fucking destroys my confidence. And don't get me started on Auto-Correct. I'll spend my time working for a knock-down so that I can start a decent mix-up game, only to get ultra'd as i cross them up. Things like being mashed out of links, or even worse, resetting a throw (which i do infrequently so its unexpected) only to get fucking srk'ed. Do they do that every fucking time? As they are being hurricane kicked across the screen do they mash srk? Cunts. I totally need a rant after today. All I faced were Ryu's and Sagat's, I psyched myself out, then it just became a fucking hassle. And after such a good day yesterday too...

Edit: 

...I fucking hate Street Fighter :'(

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Plasma

You'll feel like this when SSFIV comes out, you just gotta learn the matchup, then all will be well. 

For example, expect him to parry after you jump a fireball, and wait until the parry has completed and throw/punish. Delay after attacking his wakeup also baits parries beautifully. Although if you watch Damdai fight Shine recently he got raped. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Stang
    @Plasma: Damdai was playing like garbage though, if he was on his game he would have won. He missed like 3 fadc ultra's, that killed him.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: I will just do my now famous whiff fierce srk to whiff jab srk to hit him in the nose jab srk. If I land that I will win no matter what, he will be too fixated on telling him how Ken is bullshit rather then playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stang: Fast recovery? I guess you're only talking about his fb's. That's his major asset. Considering he has basically no other safe moves and his pokes are pretty trash (mp and c.hp are about the only useful ones), he's still better than I give him credit for. Ken isn't a bad match-up I don't think, lag is the only deciding factor in predicting a jump in, or having anything combo. Ryu on the other hand is a fucking pest.

Merry Christmas!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima:@Napalm: 

Here is some mistletoe, how about you two give each other a nice big one, say I love you and pretend nothing has ever happened. Don't ruin my Christmas you selfish bastards!

Merry Christmas my fellow SFIV mashing friends :)

Excuse me, I have 25 beers to drink.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#79  Edited By skrutop

There are times when I've wanted to rage quit, but I actually never figured out how to.  So I take my beatings like a man.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima:@Napalm:   Here is some mistletoe, how about you two give each other a nice big one, say I love you and pretend nothing has ever happened. Don't ruin my Christmas you selfish bastards!  Merry Christmas my fellow SFIV mashing friends :)  Excuse me, I have 25 beers to drink. "
    Naw, I'll pass on that, but I'll give you a nice big hug, brother! In the most, heterosexual way possible... obviously...
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Plasma

TBH Napalm you make it SO easy to take the piss, it's really hard not too. Yes, I'm blaming the victim, so what? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, if you don't watch out we're going to form a circle around you and start shouting "Fight!".

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lordofultima
    @GetEveryone: It's no big deal, I've said my piece. Deleted posts, so basically me and Napalm have had nothing but love for each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.