Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Power of Nothingness Results & criticisms

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

No Caption Provided

Congratulations to SkrFace13, the winner of the GB PSN tournament; he has obtained the power of nothingness.

Here are the final numbers:

Final Results:
    Points Matches Won Matches LostWinning %
    1skrface13 skrface13 GMT-57522678.57
    2squirtle_squadsquirtle-squad GMT-76520580
    3MikeFightNight MikeFightNight GMT -550171062.96
    4StaticFalconar StaticFalconar GMT-84011664.7
    4Keeng Keeng GMT-54011955
    6BagManForHireZiomack GMT-5358561.53
    6trueSparktrueSpark GMT-835121348
    8Monohoshizao KankakuProject GMT+3258466.66
    8Sleepy_Insomniac SuperSonicKirby GMT-6254930.76
    10NinjaHunterNinjaHunter GMT-62051033.33
    11Fr0Br0 LiquidOp GMT -8152918.18
    12FLStyle FLStyle GMT-01051821.73
    12OmegaPirate OmegaPirate GMT- 0102918.18
    14Gregonater gregonater GMT-85030
    15GetEveryone GetEveryone GMT-001910
    15Kratos81Superman5518 GMT-50000

Nitroglycerine (NG)As a league

Trinitrotoluene (TNT)As a league

While there were some hiccups (So many matches not being played and some no shows; resulting in me randomly giving people wins and loses by forfiet) in the tournament, overall I hope everybody found it to be a fun experience that brought the community closer together. I know I'll want to rematch anybody I went 3-2 with whether I won or lost. The two dominating players both used Blanka. Whether everybody in the tournament didn't know how to play against Blanka, or they were just that good, the results speak for themselves. Personally I came in 4th, but wished it could be higher since MikeFightNight actually got through all his matches and I didn't, making him edge me out in points (there's your reward).  As a league TNT just blew everyone away. Here's some more interesting numbers:

Tier listing breakdown

Number of matches218

Number of players16

matches playedmatches wonWinning percentage
    Blanka413687.8
    Sagat351131.42
    Cammy321753.12
    Rose251248
    Balrog (boxer)231147.82
    M. Bison (dictator)19842.1
    Ryu16743.75
    Fei Long12541.66
    Zangief8562.5
    Vega (claw)430.75
    Guile300
    Abel

Akuma

Chun Li

Crimson Viper

Dan

Dhalsim

E. Honda

El Fuerte

Gen

Gouken

Ken

Rufus

Sakura

Seth

While Blanka had a clear donimance, Sagat was the second most played character and yet only had a mere 31.42% win rate. What was more intersting was nobody picked Akuma, Gouken or Seth despite none of those characters being banned. Perhaps the power of Sagat isn't as great as you would think.

Finally, what did everybody think of the tournament? Did my idea of giving everybody a week to do thier matches league style fun? Fair? Work? or if I decide to hold another tournament would you rather have it all in one day and simple Double elimination instead? Any suggestions or critisms in general? they are all welcomed here. BTW, if you're one of those people that just couldn't get their matches in because of other things in life interfering or your gaming hours never coincided with your opponents, dont worry shit happens you are in no way banned from anything. My only goal was to hopefully make each of you find somebody in the GB community you would want to play SF4 with.

If anybody has video of thier matches by all means post them here; I'll even write my own comment of what I was thinking if I'm in the match up.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle
    • Tournament was great, no problems here
    • There was only one reason Sagat did so poorly and that would be me :-D
    bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By bagmanforhire

i had fun 

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Keeng

It was excellent. The amount of work you put into setting up the whole thing far exceeded my expectations and as a result, I would absolutely love to be involved in any subsequent tournaments. I loved the setup (league style, best of 5) because it prioritizes skill in determining the winners. The whole thing was well done, overall.

On top of all that, I made some friends along the way and got F'n SCHOOLED by Bison. 
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I really like how you handled this tournament, especially with the in-depth stat tracking. Personally, I thought I would've preferred the bracket-style gameplay, but your method was much better. Seeing as how the Championship Edition patch comes out this Friday, you should definitely host the Power of Nothingness 2 tournament.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By fr0br0

I would like to apologize to everybody I did not play. This was a bad week for me to be signing on PSN. Over the whole week I signed on about once. I should have at least messaged the people that I wouldn't be able to play them.

Once again, I'm sorry. However, for the games I did play, it was fun and I think we should have another one of these (And I promise I'll actually play next time)

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

Good to hear GBers. I won't be doing another tournament til at least next month since I wanna mess around the tournament patch and shit is about to hit fan in my life. Anyway, how did 7 sets in 7 days feel? would you rather have more sets, less, more time? less? Depending on how the tournament patch goes, if double blind is really in the works then I may scratch the rule of sticking to one character for the entire set (did anybody feel they could have won a set if they had picked a different character?).

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

You missed an "n" in "Nothingness" NOW IT DOESN'T COUNT :D

*muahaha*

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kratos81

It never seemed to work out for me to play. I played a few matches with mikefightnight for fun but the week of the turny was busy for me. I bought sf4 for the 360 aswell and have been spending most of my time on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.