Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Raging Demons!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

There was a youtube video online of a man doing a Raging Demon in one swift motion, dubbed the Tsuji Demon. The whole technique involved rolling your fingers across the buttons to achieve multiple inputs while only technically hitting the button in question once. It's unofficially being dubbed the kara link because of its similar execution to that of a kara throw, ala Ken.

Just think of rolling your fingers on a table top. From index to pinky, or pinky to index. Try to get the intervals between each finger as short as possible, and you'll probably have an idea as to how fast it has to be to kara.

Now lets look at Akuma's Raging Demon as the example. there are 5 individual inputs for his ultra demon, LP, LP, BACK, LK, and HP. As an akuma player I had already known that you could combine some of the inputs to make it quicker. That version would be LP, LP, B+LK+HP. I could even take this a step further since that movement is already pretty quick, and kara the demon with my overhead chop: FORWARD+LP+MP, LP, B+LK+HP. As you can see, there are plenty of ways to tackle the demon already, I could even buffer/kara the demon with a crouching MK: DOWN+MK+LP, LP, DOWN/BACK+LK+HP. What the crouching MK does for me is lower my hitbox super duper low, making it less likely that I'm hit by a jump-in attack when trying to anti-air someone with my ultra.

But with kara links, I can make my demon come out in two inputs basically, increasing the amount of time I have for reversal demons, and decreasing the reaction time/effort needed to do so. By hitting LP~MP~HP (The ~ means to roll your fingers across super-fast like a kara) that actually inputs as two LP's, and then BACK+LK+HP would be the second input required. I know that's technically more than 2 inputs but my hand gesture would have you believe it was two, since it's so fast and easy to pull off. I do this quite a bit in one of my upcoming match videos (against jakob187) as you'll undoubtedly see. The version I end up using is different than the actual Tsuji Demon, (and it's no where near as complex as the Tsujinrai Demon) but ends up suiting my needs fairly nice. Once again, lets think of this as two inputs:

Input 1: Down/Back + LP ~ MP ~ HP
    Input 2: Up/Back + LK + HP

Now to make this even easier, what I will do is for the second input, just hit all three punches and LK at the same time, so my fingers don't have to "think" as much. The actual second input would be Up/Back + LP + MP + HP + LK, but I didn't want to confuse you guys or anything (although I probably already have).

Now, there's a pretty interesting logic behind all of this, and why it all works the way it does. But I don't feel like explaining it, I've written too much and I need to go to bed. So tough sh*t. Just know that it works, and that instead of double-tapping your links you could probably be kara-linking them instead. Hit up SRK there's a big ol' thread about this if you're interested.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

There was a youtube video online of a man doing a Raging Demon in one swift motion, dubbed the Tsuji Demon. The whole technique involved rolling your fingers across the buttons to achieve multiple inputs while only technically hitting the button in question once. It's unofficially being dubbed the kara link because of its similar execution to that of a kara throw, ala Ken.

Just think of rolling your fingers on a table top. From index to pinky, or pinky to index. Try to get the intervals between each finger as short as possible, and you'll probably have an idea as to how fast it has to be to kara.

Now lets look at Akuma's Raging Demon as the example. there are 5 individual inputs for his ultra demon, LP, LP, BACK, LK, and HP. As an akuma player I had already known that you could combine some of the inputs to make it quicker. That version would be LP, LP, B+LK+HP. I could even take this a step further since that movement is already pretty quick, and kara the demon with my overhead chop: FORWARD+LP+MP, LP, B+LK+HP. As you can see, there are plenty of ways to tackle the demon already, I could even buffer/kara the demon with a crouching MK: DOWN+MK+LP, LP, DOWN/BACK+LK+HP. What the crouching MK does for me is lower my hitbox super duper low, making it less likely that I'm hit by a jump-in attack when trying to anti-air someone with my ultra.

But with kara links, I can make my demon come out in two inputs basically, increasing the amount of time I have for reversal demons, and decreasing the reaction time/effort needed to do so. By hitting LP~MP~HP (The ~ means to roll your fingers across super-fast like a kara) that actually inputs as two LP's, and then BACK+LK+HP would be the second input required. I know that's technically more than 2 inputs but my hand gesture would have you believe it was two, since it's so fast and easy to pull off. I do this quite a bit in one of my upcoming match videos (against jakob187) as you'll undoubtedly see. The version I end up using is different than the actual Tsuji Demon, (and it's no where near as complex as the Tsujinrai Demon) but ends up suiting my needs fairly nice. Once again, lets think of this as two inputs:

Input 1: Down/Back + LP ~ MP ~ HP
    Input 2: Up/Back + LK + HP

Now to make this even easier, what I will do is for the second input, just hit all three punches and LK at the same time, so my fingers don't have to "think" as much. The actual second input would be Up/Back + LP + MP + HP + LK, but I didn't want to confuse you guys or anything (although I probably already have).

Now, there's a pretty interesting logic behind all of this, and why it all works the way it does. But I don't feel like explaining it, I've written too much and I need to go to bed. So tough sh*t. Just know that it works, and that instead of double-tapping your links you could probably be kara-linking them instead. Hit up SRK there's a big ol' thread about this if you're interested.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lordofultima

Forgot to mention here, this is probably next to impossible on a pad of any sort.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

yea i noticed how some moves are harder on a fightpad . Which controller do you use ?

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002
    lordofultima said:
    "Forgot to mention here, this is probably next to impossible on a pad of any sort."
    I'd disagree. If you assign Lk/p to a button and the M/H to the triggers, then you could possibly do it. But it'd be hard.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By jakob187
    turbomonkey138 said:
    "yea i noticed how some moves are harder on a fightpad . Which controller do you use ?"
    He's rockin a tourney stick.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

I would say when you get serious about SF4 that you're learning these things, its time to graduate to a stick.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By mike
    StaticFalconar said:
    "I would say when you get serious about SF4 that you're learning these things, its time to graduate to a stick. "
    What for? I have no intention of ever buying a stick and I do just fine with a controller.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lordofultima

I wouldn't say a stick is necessary to play or be good at all, but they do have their perks. It's more of a personal preference than anything. The problem with a normal pad is that you have to physically touch the circuit board with your finger to activate a button, where as there are switches that do it instantly in arcade-style buttons.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By mike

Yeah, I've noticed that I have problems working MP into combos because I've got it mapped to one of the shoulder buttons. That would be easier with a stick, but I'm not convinced I would be better overall using a stick versus the 360 controller that I use now.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar
    MB said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "I would say when you get serious about SF4 that you're learning these things, its time to graduate to a stick. "
    What for? I have no intention of ever buying a stick and I do just fine with a controller."
    Put your pad pride away for a second and realize that you're just making it harder on yourself to learn these same techniques without a stick. Can it be done, yes; but so is driving with your feet. Getting a stick is not needed, but it really does help.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima

MB is pretty sick already, he'd probably do worse on stick. (He beat me 30-4 this morning)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.