Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter 4 Joysticks and Control Pads

• 62 results
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Linkyshinks

Odd choice of colour if you ask me..I attribute purple to Vampire, not SF/ I would hope for a better looking TE for Capcom's next Vampire game. I'd like those same buttons but a dark purple casing with original artwork.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    I've seen some pads at EB, although smaller game stores seem like they have more stock for fighting game accessories (at least in Toronto). 

@NerdyNinja007
    said:
    " @Lilja: I think the bigger question is... why not reply to a 9 month old post? "
    (nods)
    NightRavenSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By NightRavenSong

I use one of these, custom made stick.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/7582/img0736small.jpg 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @NightRavenSong said:
    " I use one of these, custom made stick.   http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/7582/img0736small.jpg  "

Nice, what components are you using?.. I am guessing Sanwa...
    NightRavenSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NightRavenSong

lol actually these are some generic brand stuff, it feels just like sanwa though, I compared it with my sanwa stick/TE and can barely tell the difference, it definitely has better response than the SE I got.

here is the website,

http://www.automatinglife.com/NightRaven

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MrKlorox

I bought a plain Hori EX2 that's supposed to be coming in later today.

I don't get all the hate toward it. None of it in this thread has been backed up by anything other than opinion. I'm not going to modify it so that's no problem (well MAYBE replace the 'art' if it gets annoying -- but unlikely). 

NightRavenSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NightRavenSong

Nothing wrong with ex2 as your first stick imo, I had one and have no problems with it until I got a sanwa custom.
    Some people say the buttons are not as responsive or the parts are not durable enough, I never got that far to prove them wrong though, oh well.

Skullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Skullet

Hello all, I have been having a problem with a controller I bought recently and you guys seem to know what you're talking about so prehaps you can help.
    I bought this gamepad from 
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250494315305   recently as I got SF4 for my PC and a keyboard dosn't cut it for this game. Anyways thing arrives and I install the drivers and play the game with the wonderful feeling I can play this game as it's meant to be played when disaster strikes. The bloody thing fucks up the sound so it keeps looping everynow and then whilst plugged in and I have to use a keyboard to navigate the menu, its terrible. Then in fight, the bloody thing dosn't know what I'm telling it to do. My character can't move and moving the stick around seems to make him punch or kick with all the buttons doing nothing. I am on a Windows 7 machine and under device manager all the buttons I a press on the stick agree with what my computer is telling me I'm pressing so it is connected correctly. I installed SF4 on a older XP machine and their is no looping sounds when using the pad but the controls are all fucked up in exactly the same way. The annoying thing is is that their is no manufactors name on the pad or even on the packaging so I can't get any support from them. I really want to play this amazing looking game as it brings me back to my child-hood, but with better graphics. Any suggestions?

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jiggah
    @Skullet said:
    " Hello all, I have been having a problem with a controller I bought recently and you guys seem to know what you're talking about so prehaps you can help. I bought this gamepad from  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250494315305   recently as I got SF4 for my PC and a keyboard dosn't cut it for this game. Anyways thing arrives and I install the drivers and play the game with the wonderful feeling I can play this game as it's meant to be played when disaster strikes. The bloody thing fucks up the sound so it keeps looping everynow and then whilst plugged in and I have to use a keyboard to navigate the menu, its terrible. Then in fight, the bloody thing dosn't know what I'm telling it to do. My character can't move and moving the stick around seems to make him punch or kick with all the buttons doing nothing. I am on a Windows 7 machine and under device manager all the buttons I a press on the stick agree with what my computer is telling me I'm pressing so it is connected correctly. I installed SF4 on a older XP machine and their is no looping sounds when using the pad but the controls are all fucked up in exactly the same way. The annoying thing is is that their is no manufactors name on the pad or even on the packaging so I can't get any support from them. I really want to play this amazing looking game as it brings me back to my child-hood, but with better graphics. Any suggestions? "
    You need to map it first.  The controller utility should be one of the things that pops up every time you start the game.
    Skullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Skullet

Yeah, I've had a look at the controller utility, but it dosn't make a lick of sense to me, it seems the stick is connected cottectly, with the up arrow being matched to "POV U" and the left arrow going for "POV L," and so on, so thats probaly fine. Seeing as the stick and the select and start button are the only things that do anything though (and even thats the wrong thing), the rest of the button matches don't make any sense to me. For example, "A" (Which I don't even have on my stick") is matched up to "1," or "RB" is matched up to "6" and so on...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MrKlorox
    @MrKlorox said:

" I bought a plain Hori EX2 that's supposed to be coming in later today.  I don't get all the hate toward it. None of it in this thread has been backed up by anything other than opinion. I'm not going to modify it so that's no problem (well MAYBE replace the 'art' if it gets annoying -- but unlikely).  "

Well I was wrong. I ended up modifying the stick after all. I bought an 8-way gate and bat-top for the stick and it's never felt better. Before with the square gate I kept missing the sides and nailing the corners, now each way I push, it slides in the correct direction. Plus the ball was didn't feel right in my hand.

It was incredibly easy and I used this post as a guide. It was literally four screws (aside from the six on the controller back plate) for the gate, a single screw-in replacement for the stick-top, and a tiny bit of cutting and sanding for the (optional and entirely aesthetic) shaft cover. I pretty much followed this post as a guide. It looks like this but with the plain, non-DOA faceplate:

It seems all the complaints about the modability is the buttons themselves, which felt just fine to me. Sure eight on the face instead of six would be better, but games that require all eight are rare.
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jiggah
    @Skullet: 

I think that's the point of why they gave you a utility to be able to change the button order so it'll make sense.  On the PC, different controllers have different number of buttons and the button schemes.  You have to map the stick to the match settings as the MadCatz Fight Stick, which is based on the 360 controller.

The MadCatz looks like this:

(x) (y) (rb) (lb)
    (a) (b) (rt) (lt)
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Renahzor

The buttons on the EX2s are ok for the most part.  After about 2 months of HDR my friends EX2 buttons started sticking, and he bought a full custom joystick with jap parts (and thus began our stick building madness).  TBH, the hori buttons are just fine until the first time you play on sanwa/seimitsu buttons.  Once you get the feel for a certain set the others just feel wrong. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Linkyshinks

I agree. It's hard to advise anyone out of using a Hori, not when they've yet to try the other two for a decent period of time.

It's not just sticking I've found, sometimes the buttons don't have the same feel that they once had at the start, while the others remain consistent for much much longer.

Skullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Skullet

Cheers for the advice guys, I have almost got the controller mapped. Each button relates to a number that can be found in Device Manager, some of the punch and kicking buttons are the wrong way round but I have got the stick working so thats all good. However this dosn't help the more anoying matter of the sound in the game looping whenever the stick is plugged in.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By apathylad
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I agree. It's hard to advise anyone out of using a Hori, not when they've yet to try the other two for a decent period of time.  It's not just sticking I've found, sometimes the buttons don't have the same feel that they once had at the start, while the others remain consistent for much much longer. "
    I think certain buttons on my Hori EX2 aren't as responsive as the once were, and I don't have the tools or the skill to solder stuff. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.