Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter 4 PS3 online community

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Teh_Eel

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can can tell me if the ps3 version of street fighter 4 had a good community base on there, and if the online experience was good.

Thanks

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jake_K

Well, unfortunately these two questions have very different answers. From what I've seen the community is just fine, and lately it seems that either the terrible players are dropping off, or getting better so matches are actually almost always fun and engaging (or maybe I'm just lucky?) but the online experience as a whole is fairly 'meh.' Capcom's matchmaking system needs some work, and I've gone 5 minutes straight without being able to get into a match, but on opposite side of the spectrum I've played 15+ different people without having any issues.

I have friends who host their own matches and that sounds like it works great for them, and they get people in almost instantly. For some reason no one joins when I host, probably something to do with my modem/router, so I can't comment on that.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

It doesn't matter which console you get it on because you're just going to get pissed off at all the "Couldn't join game" messages...

But yeah, PS3 community is doing pretty well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.