Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter Four Online Pisses Me Off!!!!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

Okay, everyone how has played Street Fighter IV has ran into really laggy games. But I feel like the games I get in are laggy for no reason. For example, me and my friend were playing and the lag was so bad, the damn game looked like a sideshow! We both have decent connection, and we both live time the same fucking city, hell,  we go to the same school, so why do I have a hard time connecting to his game?

We play a few games and we get disconnected! It just pisses me off and makes me not want to play this game. Oh, and thank god for custom soundtrack, or else I would have that fucking lyric yelled at me a million times. They should really focus on making the horrible match making better rather that work on the song, because I bet you they put more effort in the song.

And, come to think of it, SFIV only requires two people to play online. Other online games that I have played, like Warhawk, and Red Faction, run smoothly, but has more people in them.

Keep in mind reading this that I no NOTHING about networking, etc.

/rant.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Okay, everyone how has played Street Fighter IV has ran into really laggy games. But I feel like the games I get in are laggy for no reason. For example, me and my friend were playing and the lag was so bad, the damn game looked like a sideshow! We both have decent connection, and we both live time the same fucking city, hell,  we go to the same school, so why do I have a hard time connecting to his game?

We play a few games and we get disconnected! It just pisses me off and makes me not want to play this game. Oh, and thank god for custom soundtrack, or else I would have that fucking lyric yelled at me a million times. They should really focus on making the horrible match making better rather that work on the song, because I bet you they put more effort in the song.

And, come to think of it, SFIV only requires two people to play online. Other online games that I have played, like Warhawk, and Red Faction, run smoothly, but has more people in them.

Keep in mind reading this that I no NOTHING about networking, etc.

/rant.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Ugh, it's either your or your friend's connection -  I RARELY have any lag, and when I do it's someone in America, probably the west coast too.

Anyway, want a game any time soon?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

I've had next to no problems with lag. Maybe one out of every 15 games will have a stutter and one out of every 40 will be unplayable.

But most of my problems come from the shitty matchmaking so...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Baillie

Never mind, you have the PS3 version.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Baillie: Are you on PS3. If so, I'd me glad to have someone whoop my ass.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

I've experienced very little lag since playing Street Fighter 4 since it came out

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gambit

If you or your friend use a router you could be having trouble connecting to each other because of it.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Gambit: Don't think any of us are using a router.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @Baillie: Are you on PS3. If so, I'd me glad to have someone whoop my ass. "
    I'll play you.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Well if you both live close by why dont you just play local? That cuts out lag entirely.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " Well if you both live close by why dont you just play local? That cuts out lag entirely. "
    This, 

Also you or your friend prolly has a strict NAT, just google it...its easy to fix if you find a good guide. Getting a router would help. (make it easier to fix the NAT) SF IV has shitty netcode sure but its not the only problem in this case. 

Also the soundtrack is awesome.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By NinjaHunter

I got the PS3 version and I don't have this problem. If you wanna play send me a friend request, PSN: NinjaHunter.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Brake

You could both test your internet connection through the PS3. Settings -> Internet Connection -> Test Internet Connection

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By fenixrevolution

I rarely run into lag online in this game. Oddly though me and a friend were playing online a few days ago and our first 10 or so matches were fine. Then we remade the match and every match had horrible lag.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Renahzor

Actually there's quite a lot of lag in SF4 online, and its not always immediately noticeable.  I fight a pretty good Balrog player pretty regularly in local matches.  If i play other balrogs online I can immediately notice lag almost always.  Even that extra half second makes things very difficult to punish sometimes.  many times a ken simply spamming light dragon punches is completely un-punishable because he has great recovery, and the same stuff that would punish it offline simply wont work online.  Thats really where I notice the lag the most, on quick punishes and reversals that should land but dont due to just a small amount of lag that makes the timing very different.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By super_machine

I dont get much lag, but its really hard to find an open game. I might try for two minutes before I get a connect. On Friday I finally connected and it was some punk kid talking smack on his mic. I fought him three times, and all three times he used Ryu and Ken. I almost beat him the first time, the 2nd I used Balrog and got killed. Both times he was talking mad shit into his mic. The third round I decided to mess with him, and picked Rufus. The kid was laughing and saying I was going to lose because I was using Rufus, "that fat piece of shit...etc". Well, I cleaned the floor with him, and pulled off an Ultra combo for the win. He shut up and promplty moved on.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By CSXLoser

Wired Connection + Nat 1 or 2 = decent online fighting game experience

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.