Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Unable to connect. Unable to connect. Unable to connect...

Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scarabus

Seeing the message "Unable to connect" in SF4 is really common place, I know. But sometimes it goes far beyond the occasional misfire. Sometimes it will give me 100% inability to connect to other players. 

For the past 30 minutes I've had my button on turbo with a weight on it to keep it pressed. The game is continuously searching and connecting to other players but it has failed 100% of the times for over 30 minutes. I've tried restarting the game a couple of times and I've been able to catch a match here and there but overall it's extremely frustrating seeing people with a 4 or 5 bars and not being able to connect to them. Despite the turbo-aided searching I can't connect to anyone!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

I know this is a hard concept, but if you cant connect to anyone via Custom/Quick Match...Host your own match or sit in arcade mode with fight request on.. MIND BLOWING I know.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Symphony
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " I know this is a hard concept, but if you cant connect to anyone via Custom/Quick Match...Host your own match or sit in arcade mode with fight request on.. MIND BLOWING I know. "
    This (but with less sarcasm ;P). I pretty much only queue up via arcade mode -- set it to easiest, 7 matches and just do something else like browse forums or something. I usually get invites before the computer has even won one round. 

From what I've seen of the match-up system, it's borderline broken.... if three names come up that have poor lag or Ican't connect to and I hit X to search again it shows up with -- surprise -- the same three names! Possibly in a different order, yay! Why it does this, I have no idea. Why not fresh names? If I exit and go back into to search it will often find new names, so it's not like those are the only three available... So yeah, I just resigned myself to letting others come to me. Much less hassle :D
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Adamantium

At the risk of sounding condescending, have you tried resetting your internet connection? Sometimes I can't connect to anyone, so I have to power cycle my modem and it works just fine.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gambit

yeah jeff has the right answer why sit for 30 minutes trying connect to a match when you can host your own and get someone to join in a couple of minutes.

Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lilja

Sometimes the same idiot is popping up in the search over and over again. And it's always a Chinese player with fight req on. 
    So just watch who you're trying to join and you shouldn't have that problem, unless your internet connection is crap. 
    Or just host a game as the others said.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By dbz1995
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " I know this is a hard concept, but if you cant connect to anyone via Custom/Quick Match...Host your own match or sit in arcade mode with fight request on.. MIND BLOWING I know. GET HYPE "
    Fixed in the name of Napalm.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Stang

Forward your damn ports. Problem solved.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit
    @Stang: Don't make me shit stomp you stang.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Stang
    @Gambit: Don't speak to your father like that, son. I WILL lock your ass in the basement again.
    Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scarabus

So no one has experienced this?  

I have over 2000 matches in this game. There's nothing wrong with my internet. PS3 is in the demilitarized zone = no firewall. It seems pretty rare but this has happened to me twice already. I know that sometimes players will show up on top over and over, but this time there was a lot of players and lots of variety in the search results. Many of them pinged 3-5 bars.

I tried creating a game once and when no one joined and I closed the lobby and Capcom's servers decided to drop my championship at that point and give me a disconnection percentage. Yeah, that's what I want to do. 

It's connecting fine today. This is not a consistent problem for me. I just find it really weird that sometimes SF4 switches into a mode where it can't connect to anyone. Not even to the lobby.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scarabus said:

Reading must be hard for you, its not you its Street Fighter 4's matchmaking it sucks hard. Just sit in arcade mode with fight request on it always works. Creating a Lobby works sometimes but not fast enough, and using Quick Match /Custom Match will almost grantee you won't get a match.
    Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scarabus
    @Jeffsekai said:
    "Reading must be hard for you, its not you its Street Fighter 4's matchmaking it sucks hard."
    Writing must be hard for you. That's not even a proper sentence. 
    Please read my posts before you attempt to give me useless advice.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scarabus said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    "Reading must be hard for you, its not you its Street Fighter 4's matchmaking it sucks hard."
    Writing must be hard for you. That's not even a proper sentence. Please read my posts before you attempt to give me useless advice. "
    Useless advice, fuck you buddy. Everyone here posted exactly what to do to solve your problem and instead you just said OMG WILL NO ONE HALP ME. We did help you.
    Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scarabus
    @Jeffsekai: Because they assumed it was a network problem. I never said it was. I wasn't asking for help. I was sharing an experience and was asking if anyone else had experienced the same. 
    And avoiding the problem is not a solution. Hence the uselessness of your comments. 

@Scarabus
    said:
    "It's connecting fine today. This is not a consistent problem for me. I just find it really weird that sometimes SF4 switches into a mode where it can't connect to anyone. Not even to the lobby. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.