Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

When you see Ken at the versus screen.. Do you say:

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Kou_Leifoh said:

" @Stang said:

" @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " Street Fighter 4 has really ruined Ken for me. I use to play him a lot in Third Strike, I didn't mind he was a noob friendlier character than Ryu (I use Ryu a lot more than Ken anyways), but now that he's a overused character, I want don't want nothing to do with him. "
    You live in your own delusional world. Ken is overused in SFIV? What the fuck are you smoking, pass it to me! Ken was overused at launch, you rarely see him anymore. Ryu whores are all you see now.   And he is more noob friendly then effing Ryu? You really suck at the game, don't you? "
    @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " Street Fighter 4 has really ruined Ken for me. I use to play him a lot in Third Strike, I didn't mind he was a noob friendlier character than Ryu (I use Ryu a lot more than Ken anyways), but now that he's a overused character, I want don't want nothing to do with him. "
    You live in your own delusional world. Ken is overused in SFIV? What the fuck are you smoking, pass it to me! Ken was overused at launch, you rarely see him anymore. Ryu whores are all you see now.   And he is more noob friendly then effing Ryu? You really suck at the game, don't you? "
    He's just angry Remy isn't in the game. Don't mind him. "
    LMAO! Wow, it's funny how you idiots can't take one little criticisms on Ken you go on like a little baby. "There's a glitch found on Ken's Ultra," "THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!"   Naplam, what makes you think that I'm angry about Remy not being in the game? How do you benefit on coming at me like a asshole again? "
    this forum has alot of sensitive people.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By napalm

Lmao. We just witnessed an emotional breakdown, people.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    " If I am crossing up, it's way easier to use c.LP (x3) > Somersault Kick. And besides, ask Scooper - I can't do j.FK > c.MP > Somersault Kick. "
    Yeah, I think you're better at the long links to somersault then I am as I prefer shorter meatier combos. The longer x3 LP chains are better for hit confirming when you don't know if your opponent has blocked and the combos I prefer are ones where you know the opponent can't block your move (say you jumped over a fireball or you're punishing a whiffed SRK) so I go for a simple powerful combo.

I can do the c.LP, c.LP, c.MP, FK link but I haven't practiced that part alot so I usualy get the timing between the c.LP to c.MP wrong and my FK gets blocked. I should practice that one more so I can improove my Guile's cross-up game.

At the moment I tend to dick around because I really love landing a Sonic Boom cancel Super, I done it a few times against people and it's fucking great fun. Even if I loose because of it it's worth it ^^.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " If I am crossing up, it's way easier to use c.LP (x3) > Somersault Kick. And besides, ask Scooper - I can't do j.FK > c.MP > Somersault Kick. "
    Yeah, I think you're better at the long links to somersault then I am as I prefer shorter meatier combos. The longer x3 LP chains are better for hit confirming when you don't know if your opponent has blocked and the combos I prefer are ones where you know the opponent can't block your move (say you jumped over a fireball or you're punishing a whiffed SRK) so I go for a simple powerful combo.  I can do the c.LP, c.LP, c.MP, FK link but I haven't practiced that part alot so I usualy get the timing between the c.LP to c.MP wrong and my FK gets blocked. I should practice that one more so I can improove my Guile's cross-up game.  At the moment I tend to dick around because I really love landing a Sonic Boom cancel Super, I done it a few times against people and it's fucking great fun. Even if I loose because of it it's worth it ^^. "
    I did that three times in the past couple days. I landed it twice and it was epic.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @CrazyManAndy said:
    " @foodchaiNN said:
    this forum has alot of sensitive people. "
    WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? "
    lol.. exactly
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I think this thread is full of crap. No more Ken threads people. We moved on from that months ago.

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Scooper said:

" @Napalm said:

Yeah, I think you're better at the long links to somersault then I am as I prefer shorter meatier combos. The longer x3 LP chains are better for hit confirming when you don't know if your opponent has blocked and the combos I prefer are ones where you know the opponent can't block your move (say you jumped over a fireball or you're punishing a whiffed SRK) so I go for a simple powerful combo.  I can do the c.LP, c.LP, c.MP, FK link but I haven't practiced that part alot so I usualy get the timing between the c.LP to c.MP wrong and my FK gets blocked. I should practice that one more so I can improove my Guile's cross-up game.  At the moment I tend to dick around because I really love landing a Sonic Boom cancel Super, I done it a few times against people and it's fucking great fun. Even if I loose because of it it's worth it ^^. "
    yeh ive been doing the somersault cancel super lately.. its much easier than the sonic boom cancel. I pulled it off a countless amount of times yesterday since somehow it feels like doing a regular somersault but whipping back to the start position and doing it again.

@Napalm hey I tried again to work in the timing with Guile on a pad and it just doesnt feel as good as it would on a stick because something about having arcade size buttons just feels more accurate than a pads buttons. One of these days i'll get link timing down with a pad.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " I think this thread is full of crap. No more Ken threads people. We moved on from that months ago. "
    Obviously we haven't. As long as shitty players lose to even shittier players, this will continue.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    " I think this thread is full of crap. No more Ken threads people. We moved on from that months ago. "
    Obviously we haven't. As long as shitty players lose to even shittier players, this will continue. "
    I guess were lower down the FOODCHAINN than I thought hur hur hur
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    Obviously we haven't. As long as shitty players lose to even shittier players, this will continue. "
    I'm going to start making threads about how bullshit Zangief is. Lets see how that goes. Maybe even Chun Li.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Jeffsekai said:

" @Stang said:

" @SpecialBuddy said:

I guess were lower down the FOODCHAINN than I thought hur hur hur "
     @Jeffsekai  youre a groupie stfu.

@SpecialBuddy *careface* :D
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Scooper
    @foodchaiNN: The Sommersault Super cancel is pretty easy. I usualy tack it on the end of my c.MP SS when I've got enough bar.

The reason it's so easy is because it has a pretty wierd shortcut. All you gotta do is charge downback, then downback to up then hit kick for flash kick then imediately go back to downback then strait to upforward and hit kick. If you do it fast enough it's a pretty safe way to lang the super. Unfortunantly you can't combo into ultra if you do a sommersault/sonic boom super cancel, Super to Ultra only works if the super is done on its own or comboed from normals.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    I guess were lower down the FOODCHAINN than I thought hur hur hur "
    ZING!!!

@SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @SpecialBuddy said:
    I'm going to start making threads about how bullshit Zangief is. Lets see how that goes. Maybe even Chun Li. "

No kidding. Fucking lariat, everybody that uses him sucks. Same with Guile. Hey look everybody, I can hold down-back for 45 seconds each round! Give me a break guys, you lose because you suck. I lose because I suck. Realize it, and move along.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Napalm said:
    " Lmao. We just witnessed an emotional breakdown, people. "
    I like how you didn't hit the reply or quote button when. I guess you like trolling other users behind their backs.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Scooper said:

" @foodchaiNN: The Sommersault Super cancel is pretty easy. I usualy tack it on the end of my c.MP SS when I've got enough bar.  The reason it's so easy is because it has a pretty wierd shortcut. All you gotta do is charge downback, then downback to up then hit kick for flash kick then imediately go back to downback then strait to upforward and hit kick. If you do it fast enough it's a pretty safe way to lang the super. Unfortunantly you can't combo into ultra if you do a sommersault/sonic boom super cancel, Super to Ultra only works if the super is done on its own or comboed from normals. "

I recall just explaining how easy that is for me to do.. umm thanks though and you are wrong about the ultra because ive linked an Ultra after a somersault/ super before. 

@Stang youre good at video games.. great, but youre a groupie stfu.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By eclipsesis

You need a H option 

H "This guy looks so much like Owen Wilson"

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Stang

OMG I AM GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES!! What the hell? Actually, I am horrible at games. I am decent at 1 game with 1 character. 

And what is with you calling people "groupie?" Do you even understand the meaning of the word? Who am I "groupie" of? You make a retarded thread, you get called out. Napalm use to make shit threads also, but he grew up. Learn from him.

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Stang said:
    " OMG I AM GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES!! What the hell? Actually, I am horrible at games. I am decent at 1 game with 1 character.   And what is with you calling people "groupie?" Do you even understand the meaning of the word? Who am I "groupie" of? You make a retarded thread, you get called out. Napalm use to make shit threads also, but he grew up. Learn from him. "
    Youre a groupie because youre always on my dick when I post something. If you dont like what you read then post your opinion but dont go talkin shit because i will fire right back at you.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Stang said:

" OMG I AM GOOD AT VIDEO GAMES!! What the hell? Actually, I am horrible at games. I am decent at 1 game with 1 character.   And what is with you calling people "groupie?" Do you even understand the meaning of the word? Who am I "groupie" of? You make a retarded thread, you get called out. Napalm use to make shit threads also, but he grew up. Learn from him. "

Yeah, posting threads about facts about a character is shit. 

Ken is more noob friendlier than Ryu, there's a glitch in Ken's Ultra, and he's overused. Deal with it. 

Also, didn't you say that you're no good at SFIV with Ryu?
    Diagonol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Diagonol

Foodchain I assume you main Sagat... let's go ahead and void the trash talk entirely then?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Scooper
    @foodchaiNN: Where did that shit come from. I wasn't saying you didn't find it easy I was just saying how I do the Sommersauly super cancel you prick. I wasn't writing that in spite I was agreeing with your ass. And you can't link a Sommersault/Super cancel/Ultra. You just can't do it so suck my mother fuckin dick.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Stang
    @foodchaiNN: Fire right back man, I love it. I have the same personality type.

@Kou_Leifoh: I disregard everything you post, you make shit up and claim it as fact. Why waste my time with somebody who does not realize how wrong they are? Just so you know, this thread is not about a glitch in Ken's ultra. Why the hell do you keep bringing that up? Nobody has an issue with the glitch in the thread it is discussed. 

And I do suck with Ryu, but he is easy mode. I have no interest in discussing why he is easy mode because I know you won't get it based on previous posts. Ryu + two bars and ultra is all anybody semi competent needs to beat randoms online, including myself.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " @Stang said:

Yeah, posting threads about facts about a character is shit.    Ken is more noob friendlier than Ryu, there's a glitch in Ken's Ultra, and he's overused. Deal with it.   Also, didn't you say that you're no good at SFIV with Ryu? "
    I wasn't going to say anything about it cause this was between you two but these statements bothered me.

From my experience Ryu is much easier to play than Ken. Ryu has basically everything need to teach a new player what he needs to know to get started. Zoning, footsies, and rush down are all things that Ryu is good at and are fairly easy to learn quickly with him. Ken on the other hand has a crap fireball, slower pokes than Ryu, and is only really good at rushing down. 

The other statement would be true 6 months ago. Ether your still playing ranked mode or haven't played in a long time. The era of Ryu has come and Ken died off long ago. People figured out Ryu was EZ mode and that Ken wasn't as simple as they thought.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I remember when we actually got along...
    Oh and for the record, unless it's Stang, I expect to beat Ken.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " @Stang said:

Yeah, posting threads about facts about a character is shit.    Ken is more noob friendlier than Ryu, there's a glitch in Ken's Ultra, and he's overused. Deal with it.   Also, didn't you say that you're no good at SFIV with Ryu? "
    I wasn't going to say anything about it cause this was between you two but these statements bothered me.   From my experience Ryu is much easier to play than Ken. Ryu has basically everything need to teach a new player what he needs to know to get started. Zoning, footsies, and rush down are all things that Ryu is good at and are fairly easy to learn quickly with him. Ken on the other hand has a crap fireball, slower pokes than Ryu, and is only really good at rushing down.   The other statement would be true 6 months ago. Ether your still playing ranked mode or haven't played in a long time. The era of Ryu has come and Ken died off long ago. People figured out Ryu was EZ mode and that Ken wasn't as simple as they thought. "
    Exactly. I am done with this thread, I really don't feel like getting suspended for defending myself.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Diagonol said:

" Foodchain I assume you main Sagat... let's go ahead and void the trash talk entirely then? "

[ X ]  2 chances left.

@Scooper:  I dont care if youre trying to agree with me.. move along cunt. Also, im no level even close to being so gay that I want to see another man's mouth on my penis.. thats just gross of you. The fact youre a mother fucker.. also indicates youre "bi-sexual" ...even worse.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#127  Edited By citizenkane

This thread is getting a little out of hand.  All of you guys need to chill a bit.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#128  Edited By lordofultima

Stang is my lover.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.