Have you seen the DLC characters online?

#1 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -

My brother was just playing X Tekken and all of a sudden he was yelling at me that he was fighting Blanka. I didn't believe him at first, but it turned out to be true. In my surprise I snapped an awesomely bad picture with my phone. In retrospect a video would have been a better choice.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has fought these characters online? I know they're being unlocked through hex editing and such, but I didn't think they'd be playable online. Here's the awful picture.

#2 Edited by TechHits (1353 posts) -

This just became a whole new world of bad for Capcom.

Also this is awesome!

#3 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

did they seem completed? lol

#4 Posted by TechHits (1353 posts) -

@drac96: you should send this image with that story to event hubs or SRK, cuz this is kinda a big deal.

#5 Posted by Vonocourt (2107 posts) -

This is really bad, I'm not capable to fully express why it's bad right now. But it is.

#6 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

So I'm assuming there's some kind of flag that shows if you've unlocked the characters or not in your save file? I don't think this is a JTAG playing online, since those get banned pretty quick and I don't think the PS3 "jailbreak" has any online capabilities anymore.

#7 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -

This was on 360, because that's where my brother plays. He did seem completed. I'm mainly mad I didn't get video, because he did his super. The guy was actually pretty good with him too, he almost got a perfect.

It's just like all the hacked videos of the characters out there. They don't have their correct names, because they're being chosen in an odd way from the character select screen. I believe he had Vega's name before the match started.

#8 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -
@drac96: I think recent matches are stored in your replays for a while before they're replaced, so you should be able to go in and find the video if you want to see it again.
#9 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -

@Petiew: You're correct. We checked to see if it was still there a little while ago, but he had already played too many matches. The gameplay is out there already though, so I'm not too upset about it.

#10 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#11 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

Wow this is bullshit I don't care that they hack them but using them online before anyone else and don't get a ban for it? like seriously do they ban jailbreak Xboxs anymore? a friend of mine keeps braggin about how he has like 200 games all of them pirated copies and plays in Xbox live with them.

#12 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Yep I saw a Jack, the guy playing him totally sucked though so it was all good.

#13 Posted by wigg (51 posts) -

I saw lei and Guy on a stream, but the person using them god bodied. So I couldnt really get a sense of what they were like.

#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Good job capcom. "high fives"

#15 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

I was looking at that picture before reading the text and wondering to myself who the DLC character was in it lol. So many characters for me to remember and I haven't been playing much because of ME3.

This guy seems pretty smart though. I wouldn't want to pay $20 for Sakura and 11 other characters who I'll never use...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.