Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StreetPass Functionality

Concept »

3DS titles that use the handheld's built-in StreetPass feature, allowing two units in sleep mode to share game information when they detect each other.

How's it going for you?

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By seanbooker

So how many people love this feature and wish it would happen WAY more often?? I've only run into about 9 people since launch and after looking around, it seems that's a high number.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

It doesn't. I don't own Street Fighter or Nintendogs. Oops.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By seanbooker

It can still do stuff just on a system level. Like unlocking puzzle pieces and the Find Mii RPG game.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Patman99

I have run into zero people... I have taken the god damn thing grocery shopping, I've put it in my bag when I go to University and sit in large lecture halls, I have went out on a walk to the most populated area I can think of in my city and NOTHING. In trying to get at least one street pass person, I have gotten lots of play coins so I guess that is an upside... I don't know if my non-luck in trying to find a street pass person is to do with me not getting close enough or if Im just really unlucky. Im hedging on the latter...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @MrKlorox said:
    " It doesn't. I don't own Street Fighter or Nintendogs. Oops. "
    Those aren't the only things that support StreetPass.

I've gotten maybe ten or so hits total so far.  Though to be fair, I received four when I walked by Nintendo's Redmond office the other day.
    GamingSince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GamingSince81

Zero for me, I haven't been taking it everywhere with me either.  I use it as a pedometer when I take walks, so I figure I am bound to get one.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By yoshimitz707

It was working great until I bought pokemon and now I can't streetpass unless I stop playing it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

I've run into a single person three or four times; plus the Mii from Best Buy's demo 3DS, which I actually have two of because the kids who use it like to change the name of the Mii when they redesign it.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By seanbooker
    @yoshimitz707 said:
    " It was working great until I bought pokemon and now I can't streetpass unless I atop playing it. "
    I really hope they update to allow streetpass to work while playing DS original game.

@Patman99 said:
    " I have run into zero people... I have taken the god damn thing grocery shopping, I've put it in my bag when I go to University and sit in large lecture halls, I have went out on a walk to the most populated area I can think of in my city and NOTHING. In trying to get at least one street pass person, I have gotten lots of play coins so I guess that is an upside... I don't know if my non-luck in trying to find a street pass person is to do with me not getting close enough or if Im just really unlucky. Im hedging on the latter... "

Maybe this is all part of some elaborate scheme Nintendo has worked up so that it doesn't actually work at all and they just want people be more fit and walk more daily???
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @Angel_Gamer said:
    "@Patman99 said:
    " I have run into zero people... I have taken the god damn thing grocery shopping, I've put it in my bag when I go to University and sit in large lecture halls, I have went out on a walk to the most populated area I can think of in my city and NOTHING. In trying to get at least one street pass person, I have gotten lots of play coins so I guess that is an upside... I don't know if my non-luck in trying to find a street pass person is to do with me not getting close enough or if Im just really unlucky. Im hedging on the latter... "
    Maybe this is all part of some elaborate scheme Nintendo has worked up so that it doesn't actually work at all and they just want people be more fit and walk more daily??? "
    Or maybe this is some conspiracy in where Nintendo will collect all kinds of personal data or something like that. A reason why I don't like any of my consoles or handhelds online. If I can't control them then they don't need to be online.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Angel_Gamer said:
    " Maybe this is all part of some elaborate scheme Nintendo has worked up so that it doesn't actually work at all and they just want people be more fit and walk more daily??? "
    The daily Play Coin limit is too low to actually encourage being more fit. :(
    seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By seanbooker
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @Angel_Gamer said:
    " Maybe this is all part of some elaborate scheme Nintendo has worked up so that it doesn't actually work at all and they just want people be more fit and walk more daily??? "
    The daily Play Coin limit is too low to actually encourage being more fit. :( "
    That's true. I wish I could use those coins for more stuff. I'm holding on to 80+ of them right now.
    Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Gaff

I have a horrible suspicion that everyone with a 3DS in my immediate vicinity have turned it off because "Well, no one is using it anyway, so I might just turn it off".

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Patman99
    @Angel_Gamer said: 
    @Patman99 said:
    Maybe this is all part of some elaborate scheme Nintendo has worked up so that it doesn't actually work at all and they just want people be more fit and walk more daily??? "

Those dirty bastards!

But seriously it wouldnt surprise me. I mean they limited the play coins per day to 10... I mean COME ON!!! Those are the only ways I get to actually do any of the street pass bullshit...
    bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By bibamatt

I've been getting loooooads more than I thought I would.  I live in a small city in the UK and, it I wander into town, I usually get two or three a day.  I've recently been going around the country with my band and I always get a few hits a day in other cities, too.  I've had my 3DS a week and I've had 16 streetpass hits I think... I always carry it with me, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.