Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 15, 2008

The fifth and final episode in Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People's episodic series. Does anybody know how to kill a dragon?

Telltale tells its return customers to suck eggs

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Telltale, a company which has built its reputation on releasing episodic games which can be purchased individually, has without warning moved to a season package only system. Either you buy the whole kit and kaboodle, or you don't get to play. They have removed ALL individual episodes from the Strongbad and Sam and Max series, forcing consumers to dole out the full 35 dollars for a season, rather than 7 bucks per episode. This is very disturbing to me, a fan of Telltale, as they have up till now been very good to their consumers, and based their business on the freedom of purcahsing one epsiode at a time.

Their only response so far has been "We have something in the works for previous customers and will be sending out emails in the next day or so, so watch your inbox for that.". It seems very rude to introduce this new policy JUST before the biggest game in the Strongbad series comes out, without giving any warning to consumers.

This leaves many buyers in a very bad position. Someone who bought the first 4 episodes individually at 7 bucks each has now only the options of upgrading, for 26 dollars. This would result in them paying 54 dollars for a game that only retails for 35. I can't imagine why Telltale wants to spurn its best paying customers.

For more information, visit the thread on the Telltale forums
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7413

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Once the full season is out, I don't see why they need to keep selling the individual episodes, apart from to people that have already bought all of the previous episodes, and want to buy the final episode. From what I understand about this situation, they were planning on giving the final episode of strongbad for free to people who bought all of the previous episodes, although there's been a glitch and this hasn't happened.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JohnDudebro

I, like a sucker, paid the 26 bucks to upgrade, partly because I had 1 and 2 on the Wii and wanted to be able to get the full season disc, and partly because I'm just impatient.

Kind of a dumb move, but I've paid more for less game then I've gotten with this Strong Bad season. It's still not that bad a deal.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weltal
    MattyFTM said:
    "Once the full season is out, I don't see why they need to keep selling the individual episodes, apart from to people that have already bought all of the previous episodes, and want to buy the final episode. From what I understand about this situation, they were planning on giving the final episode of strongbad for free to people who bought all of the previous episodes, although there's been a glitch and this hasn't happened."
    This.
    They've made it clear they are trying to resolve the situation. God forbid you have to wait a few days to get the game for free.
    GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
    Weltal said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "Once the full season is out, I don't see why they need to keep selling the individual episodes, apart from to people that have already bought all of the previous episodes, and want to buy the final episode. From what I understand about this situation, they were planning on giving the final episode of strongbad for free to people who bought all of the previous episodes, although there's been a glitch and this hasn't happened."
    This.
    They've made it clear they are trying to resolve the situation. God forbid you have to wait a few days to get the game for free."
    Why exactly am I being punished for only buying two episodes? I wasn't aware that people who didn't purchase either 1 or 4 episodes were inferior customers. Removing the ability to purchase individual episodes IMMEDIATELY BEFORE the release of the biggest episode in the series is scummy in the very worst way. The least they could have done was to announce the change before the season started, or announce it AT ALL, rather than leaving it a shady background deal. It's the type of money grubbing action that I didn't think Telltale was capable of. There can be no reason for this change except to generate extra funds at the expense of consumer happiness.

"Once the full season is out, I don't see why they need to keep selling the individual episodes, apart from to people that have already bought all of the previous episodes, and want to buy the final episode."

Because I only want to buy the good ones.
    GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

The email just came out. Telltale is offering the full season for the low low (and late late) price of only 8.95. Telltale will never see another penny from me.

SolGrundy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SolGrundy

It's unfortunate that you're understandably outraged at having to wait a day to pay $9 for an entire series of games, but please stop spreading incorrect information.

The Sam & Max episodes are still being sold individually through the Telltale website. You can buy "only the good ones" if you want. If you decide to "upgrade" to the full season, the price of one episode will be deducted from your bundle price.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

Talk about inaccurate information. We waited exactly 2 full days before Telltale came up with a solution, and got nothing but lip service aside. Remind me why its "A OK" that Telltale's customers had to suffer just so they could secretly cash in on the last Strongbad game, without warning? Don't be an apologist for bad behavior.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
    SuperMooseman said:
    "GIVEMEREPLAY said:
     Telltale will never see another penny from me."
    Your loss."
    Not at all. Bad companies don't deserve business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.