Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

A story of a boy made out of meat.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai
    Wash your hands before playing.
    If you're a frequent visitor of Newgrounds, you might have seen the game Meat Boy, basically a more mature (?) N+ featuring a meaty blob.  If you haven't played it, check it out... it seems pretty fun, but the controls are a tad awkward for my tastes.  Perhaps that's what they were going for?

Anyway, it appears that a sequel of sorts is coming to PC and WiiWare.  Super Meat Boy (maybe it's coming to the SNES?) is on its way to becoming one of the more interesting WiiWare titles coming this year.  After playing the Flash original, I think there's some potential, yet I remain a bit skeptical.  I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

And that reminds me... Animals de la Muerte should be arriving soon.  I'm wondering how that game turns out, too.  Could also be meaty in a different way.

Thoughts on either of these games?  I honestly can't wait for these just so I don't have to see another terrible sand castle maker on the release list.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dalai
    If you're a frequent visitor of Newgrounds, you might have seen the game Meat Boy, basically a more mature (?) N+ featuring a meaty blob.  If you haven't played it, check it out... it seems pretty fun, but the controls are a tad awkward for my tastes.  Perhaps that's what they were going for?

Anyway, it appears that a sequel of sorts is coming to PC and WiiWare.  Super Meat Boy (maybe it's coming to the SNES?) is on its way to becoming one of the more interesting WiiWare titles coming this year.  After playing the Flash original, I think there's some potential, yet I remain a bit skeptical.  I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

And that reminds me... Animals de la Muerte should be arriving soon.  I'm wondering how that game turns out, too.  Could also be meaty in a different way.

Thoughts on either of these games?  I honestly can't wait for these just so I don't have to see another terrible sand castle maker on the release list.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

1.  I still love your icon.  It's one of the best on Giant Bomb.  It makes me giggle every time I see it, right along with Biff's and Sweep's.

2.  I can't say I've ever played this game.  I'm kind of curious to check it out...because, well...it's sounds fucking weird!!!
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

So fucking addictive. My fingers hurt.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

Super is kind of funny, but it always sounds good... when spoken out load. Super Meat Boy.

Maybe... I don't know.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dalai
    jakob187 said:
    "1.  I still love your icon.  It's one of the best on Giant Bomb.  It makes me giggle every time I see it, right along with Biff's and Sweep's.
    2.  I can't say I've ever played this game.  I'm kind of curious to check it out...because, well...it's sounds fucking weird!!!
    "
    Llamas are funny creatures, maybe not as hilarious as goggle cats or cartoon burgers, but still funny nevertheless.  And you will forever be linked to Viewtiful Joe in my mind.  Don't ever change.

Claude said:
    "Super is kind of funny, but it always sounds good... when spoken out load. Super Meat Boy.

Maybe... I don't know."
    Whenever I see "Super" in a title, I always think SNES... it just adds a little extra oomph to the game.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva

Haven't checked New Grounds in a while (a couple of years actually), I'll go see this game later.

And I hadn't heard about this Animals De La Muerte. Just saw some pics, but if it has calaveras in it, then I'm in.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

Be glad it wasn't called Meat Boy 64.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Be glad it wasn't called Meat Boy 64."

Good one.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Kazona

Played a bit of it, and overall a pretty fun game. However, on a couple of podcasts I have heard the argument that games of old were difficult not because of the challenge the levels provided, but because of the challenge that came with poorly implemented controls. And even though the levels themselves offer a good challenge, I think most of the challenge comes from the awkward controls. So yea, I'm not really sold on this game. Maybe it'd play better with a 360 controller, but since I can't hook mine up to my PC I don't know lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.