Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Meat Boy Multiverse

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

Edited By Alphazero
     Not One That Makes It     
     Not One That Makes It     
    Super Meat Boy is hard as hell. After the first five levels or so, the meat starts flying fast and furious and multiple deaths are more than likely. The fun comes from making it just a little bit further each attempt, figuring out the trick to the seemingly impossible jumps, and then, finally, completing the level. And then... the most amazing thing happens. 

The game keeps track of your many attempts and then replays them all (or at least most) at the same time. It is flat out fascinating. A buzzing hoard of Meat Boys all jumping at the same time rush through the level with more and more dying the further it goes. Each Meat Boy, save one, dies a horrific death along the way until eventually only one remains. Every bad decision, missed jump, unfair spinning blade all happens at the same time. 

Now, I know I'm a big ol' nerd. This is not news. Here's what this big ol' nerd immediately thought about: The Multiverse. Theories about multiple or alternate universes are often more compelling when telling them to people that are extremely high, but there are some interesting concepts in them even when not. Neal Stephanson did some good things with the concept in his most recent book Anathem. In it, decisions in one universe didn't go the same way in others. A universe in which you died in a freak accident is distinct from the one in which you didn't, and yet both happened. Not only did both happen across two universes, but every possible outcome of every possible decision has happened. Yes, even the one where you pre-ordered Too Human based on a video making fun of the smack talk surrounding the game you found on some website

The level ending replay of all of your attempts illustrates this better than pretty much anything else I've seen. All possible Meat Boys in all possible universes attempted to get to Bandage Girl, but only one needed to survive. It makes me wonder about the alternate mes jumping around the room I'm in right now. Or the ones not in this room. Maybe the ones in Gemma Atkinson's room. 

One thing consistent across all universes, though: Dr. Fetus is always a jerk.
    Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alphazero
     Not One That Makes It     
     Not One That Makes It     
    Super Meat Boy is hard as hell. After the first five levels or so, the meat starts flying fast and furious and multiple deaths are more than likely. The fun comes from making it just a little bit further each attempt, figuring out the trick to the seemingly impossible jumps, and then, finally, completing the level. And then... the most amazing thing happens. 

The game keeps track of your many attempts and then replays them all (or at least most) at the same time. It is flat out fascinating. A buzzing hoard of Meat Boys all jumping at the same time rush through the level with more and more dying the further it goes. Each Meat Boy, save one, dies a horrific death along the way until eventually only one remains. Every bad decision, missed jump, unfair spinning blade all happens at the same time. 

Now, I know I'm a big ol' nerd. This is not news. Here's what this big ol' nerd immediately thought about: The Multiverse. Theories about multiple or alternate universes are often more compelling when telling them to people that are extremely high, but there are some interesting concepts in them even when not. Neal Stephanson did some good things with the concept in his most recent book Anathem. In it, decisions in one universe didn't go the same way in others. A universe in which you died in a freak accident is distinct from the one in which you didn't, and yet both happened. Not only did both happen across two universes, but every possible outcome of every possible decision has happened. Yes, even the one where you pre-ordered Too Human based on a video making fun of the smack talk surrounding the game you found on some website

The level ending replay of all of your attempts illustrates this better than pretty much anything else I've seen. All possible Meat Boys in all possible universes attempted to get to Bandage Girl, but only one needed to survive. It makes me wonder about the alternate mes jumping around the room I'm in right now. Or the ones not in this room. Maybe the ones in Gemma Atkinson's room. 

One thing consistent across all universes, though: Dr. Fetus is always a jerk.
    chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By chu52

Except if you kept playing the game you would see how meat boy exists in the same plane as all his dead bodies. (Finish hell and the light world)

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alphazero
    @chu52 said:
    " Except if you kept playing the game you would see how meat boy exists in the same plane as all his dead bodies. (Finish hell and the light world) "  

Shpoilerz! 

Looking forward to it. Wrapping up world 2 right now. I keep getting distracted by my friend having faster times than me on previously beat levels.
    chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By chu52
    @Alphazero
    @chu52 said:
    " Except if you kept playing the game you would see how meat boy exists in the same plane as all his dead bodies. (Finish hell and the light world) "  

Shpoilerz! 

Looking forward to it. Wrapping up world 2 right now. I keep getting distracted by my friend having faster times than me on previously beat levels.
    SCHPAHLIAERZZZ!!!!!!!!!! To how you play. Get outta world 2 and get into the fucked up world of meat

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.