Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Reggie in Smash Bros

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Signed. Why on earth wouldn't I?

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is would be the best thing ever.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As someone who takes smash bros very seriously, I want no part in this. Actually, Smash wiiu will probably suck, so they can go ahead.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Actual fighting games like Street Fighter are allowed to have dumb, joke characters, I don't see why a party game can't.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As someone who takes smash bros very seriously, I want no part in this. Actually, Smash wiiu will probably suck, so they can go ahead.

Goddamn people like you are awful. No fun allowed.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ley_Lines
    @meatball said:
    @immortalsaiyan said:

Goddamn people like you are awful. No fun allowed.

No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Anyone who doesn't want this is under the stupid impression that Smash Bros is a serious fighting game.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By ahgunsillyo

My body is ready.

Someone was bound to say it eventually. It might as well be me.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@landon said:

Anyone who doesn't want this is under the stupid impression that Smash Bros is a serious fighting game.

I don't really have a problem with people who like to play Smash Bros. seriously from a mechanics standpoint (even if I want no part of it), but anyone who takes the roster so seriously that adding Reggie would be crossing the line is friggin' dumb.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud: Please don't throw around "commie" it has a very specific meaning that doesn't include signing petitions for miscellaneous causes. Otherwise you'll just end up starting a political debate and that is just going to ruin the good mood we got going on this site.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@dallas_raines said:

Actual fighting games like Street Fighter are allowed to have dumb, joke characters, I don't see why a party game can't.

For that smash already has the Wii Fit lady and guy you really want Reggie in it to make it even more ridiculous instead of using the time to balance it even better or use it for an interesting character instead?

No character you could name would be a more interesting addition than Reggie.

And Smash Bros. has always been and always will be ridiculous. It's ridiculousness incarnate. That has been a selling point since the very first game. Even if it was the deepest and most hardcore fighter ever made Smash Bros. would still be ridiculous.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand why people would argue about this and be grumpy about it, it's not going to happen, it's just a dumb bit of fun.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@zeik said:

@darji said:

@dallas_raines said:

For that smash already has the Wii Fit lady and guy you really want Reggie in it to make it even more ridiculous instead of using the time to balance it even better or use it for an interesting character instead?

And Smash Bros. has always been and always will be ridiculous. It's ridiculousness incarnate. That has been a selling point since the very first game. Even if it was the deepest and most hardcore fighter ever made Smash Bros. would still be ridiculous.

Reggie in the game just seems weird to me. I do not want public figures for the company, who speak at trade events to be playable characters in video games. I know Reggie is well liked and all but putting real people as the roster is a bit far for me, as amusing as it may be. Besides, what would his move set even possibly be?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakurai is injured. The man invented Kirby, LEAVE HIM ALONE.

I'M SERIOUS

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@darji said:

@dallas_raines said:

Reggie in the game just seems weird to me. I do not want public figures for the company, who speak at trade events to be playable characters in video games. I know Reggie is well liked and all but putting real people as the roster is a bit far for me, as amusing as it may be. Besides, what would his move set even possibly be?

FLIPPING OUT DS's in Mario's FACE. JUMPING ON WII FIT BOARDS.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#20 gamer_152  Moderator

While it would be hilarious to see Reggie in the game, I don't see Nintendo realistically adding him as more than a background character or at most something like an assist trophy. The large majority of people who play the Wii U aren't going to have any idea who he is.

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Everyone on Neogaf seems so negative about this.

Reggie in Smash Bros would be amazing. But he would probably be some sort of Mii character or something.

Who am I kidding, this will probably never happen.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By ThunderSlash

Well if something as strange and obscure as Game N Watch or Rob can get in, I don't see why not Reggie.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. Keep that guy out of my games. Why him? Put Iwata or Miyamoto in there if you must, you know people who actually worked on games? Reggie always seemed like the sleazy used-car salesman type to me, never understood why people liked him.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signed

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well if something as strange and obscure as Game N Watch or Rob can get in, I don't see why not Reggie.

They're not obscure to people over a certain age and they're both an important part of Nintendo history. Reggie might be sort of funny.. but how funny will it be looking back in 10-20 years time?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Only 48,466 more signatures needed!

Because this is totally a thing that would happen if the petition is successful. Totally.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

According to Neogaf, Smash Bros is SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS. God, I hate people who continue to act like Smash is some serious fighting game. Anyone who plays local multiplayer and asks for Final Destination, no items is immediately kicked out of my house. No exceptions!

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I don't care if people want to take Smash seriously,until they decide that they get to run the making of the game for everyone else. Serious Smash players are a very small minority, and while their opinions should matter, they don't matter more than the average player just because they're "hardcore" or whatever.

Reggie would be the greatest addition possible.

It would be the craziest thing.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to point out, this kind of happened.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakurai's a man of his word

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god it did happen, didn't it?

And it was glorious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.