Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Any other new players jumping on the bandwagon?

• 68 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @yates said:
    " I rented SF4 fairly recently to try it out and couldn't get into it really as I joined in too late in the game. Hopefully SSF4 will attract some new players. "
    There's no such thing as "too late" for any of the SF games.  Just play with some friends, or other people who are new to the game, and learn together.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By lordofultima
    @yates said:
    " I rented SF4 fairly recently to try it out and couldn't get into it really as I joined in too late in the game. Hopefully SSF4 will attract some new players. "
    If you think you're too late now, it'll be no different when you play Super. It is fundamentally the same game, so most of the crap people know carries over into the next. 

@Stang said:
    " Hi, my name is Stang, and I am new. I just got a TE stick made by mackcats, and I don't know how to throw fireballs! Please add me and we can learn together! "
    Mackcats? Sounds gangster as hell.
    MarkHolmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MarkHolmes
    @GetEveryone:
    I rented the first one but couldn't get into it. I think it was because I didin't get my friends involved, so gets pretty boring if not playing with someone else. 
    So I think this time i'll get involved with the community a bit more, Ive also arranged for a group of mates to come round for a few beers and see if I can get them into it. 
    PSN: mchief22
    yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By yates
    @lordofultima said:
    " @yates said:
    If you think you're too late now, it'll be no different when you play Super. It is fundamentally the same game, so most of the crap people know carries over into the next. 

Yeah I realise it's pretty much the same game with new characters/stages and balancing tweaks. I was just hoping Super would attract people new to the game which by the looks of this thread will be the case. 

@SpaceInsomniac said:
    " @yates said:
    There's no such thing as "too late" for any of the SF games.  Just play with some friends, or other people who are new to the game, and learn together. "
    That's usually the problem I have getting into fighting games, I rarely have anyone of similar skill to play against. Hopefully I'll be able to get into some games with dudes from this forum.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Thrawn1
    @lordofultima said:

" @yates said:

from what I've played the old characters are almost exactly the same as they were in sfiv, with a few exceptions such as guile. kinda a disappointment , but at least we have the new characters to play around with.
    aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By aceedkins

Wow, this thread really exploded. I'm going to try to consolidate the tags of us noobies, and make a thread of sorts. 

Avatar image for shadowmachine01
    ShadowMachine01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShadowMachine01

As kid I never really got into Street Fighter cuz I didn't have any local arcades or places that had SF arcade machines. Eventually I did get to play Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I just knew how to button mash, never really tried to learn every facet of the game like others. Maybe about sometime last year I started getting into street fighter through SSFII: HD Remix and enjoyed it quite a lot. In fact I played a match with my friend (who's been playing since he was kid, and is a pretty good player) and beat him a couple of times, which was a great feeling even though he won more matches. I've also picked up SFA3Max for the psp and I like that as well. 

Sorry for such a long story but bottom line, I'm still new and I'd like to get better and it would feel great to play with people on the same or similar skill level. I've tried going online with HD remix just to get my butt whipped and handed to me, so I'd like to start over with the newest game and learn the mechaics from there. I 'm probably gonna pick SSFIV either tomorrow or wed.  You guys can add if you like, I'd love to set up some matches to see how well we'd fare. And I'm gonna pick up the PS3 version, cuz 360's D-Pad is terrible!

PSN and Xbox Live: ShadowMervillus 

blackthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By blackthunder

I have SSFII: HD Remix on PS3 and 360. I played mostly on my PS3 with a pad. I recently got a T.E. for my PS3 going to mod it a little, 6 buttons straight not curved maybe put on a bat top and change the buttons, as it is now I just don't dig it. I have IV on PS3 couldn't really get into it as much as Remix for some reason but I am going to have more time now so I'm getting SSFIV for PS3 and see if I can get in some practice with the T.E. as is while I wait for my parts. I might even get it for 360 as well.  I went on the PS3 of IV the other day and got destroyed I couldn't really get the moves to come out on my stick all the time, need to practice but I'm just used to the old US arcade style layout and stick. 
    My PS3 id is: Donkeypunch69

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hunkulese

I may be the worst Street Fighter player in the world. Add hunkulese if you want a beginner to beat to improve your confidence.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarkHolmes: Sweet buddy, I'll add you. Getting involved in the community helped me a lot; gave the push I needed to level up. Endless battle with the guys here will be epic.
    Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fierrze

I have been really interested on SSFIV, but i can't decide if i should get it. Last time i played a fighting game was Tekken 3 back in the day and i just played it for fun. 
     Would you guys recommend this game if i would only play it with gamepad?

JerkFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JerkFace
    @Aishan: 
    @aceedkins:
    @tunaburn:

I'm new, and not very good, if you want someone else for you list.  xJERKFACEx is the gamertag.
    ashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ashbash

First time fighting game player here. Getting it tomorrow for the lauch for SSF4 in the UK! Have no idea if I'll like it or not but it's only £25 and got 5 stars on Giant Bomb so... deal!

Wandaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wandaba

Just started and i totally suck  but if you wanna play GT=wandaba16

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Troispoint

Im new to Street Fighter games, and Im looking to train with new players too. 

Gamertag: Darth Revan 666

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By JarenFace

Even though I'm pretty terrible at the game, I'm still having a blast. 

If anyone wants to play online on the PS3, my psn name is thejamgoddamn

zhed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By zhed7

I am new to ssf4 looking for people that want to learn togather  

gamertag : Zhed7
    Disease07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Disease07
    Just for SSF4 today, NEVER played ANY SF game before. Or any fighting game (Other than FN) for that matter. So if anyone wants some easy matches, I'm up for it. You only get better by playing people better than yourself right? =/

Gamertag: Tramp Assassin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.