Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Arcade release flyer teases 'New Challengers'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gosukiller
    Eventhubs just spotted this flyer for the Arcade Release of SSF4:

No Caption Provided
    Pay close attention to the bottom, right under T.Hawk and Seth, which teases 'new challengers?!'.

Do you think this will mean  new fighters? 
    If yes, who do you think will enter the fray?  A new character? An old character? 

This might be added through DLC, werther the paid or the free kind is as of yet unknown. How much would you pay?
    Discuss!
    HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HODGEY3000

SKULLOMANIA????
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh

Scoop guessed it a while back. New characters for PC and Arcade, will be DLC for consoles. DLC would have to be free.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jaycee13

Doesnt it just mean the new characters added since the vanilla?

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @jaycee13: thats what i took from it.... but it would be cool if it meant some dlc characters or somthing
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By skrutop
    @Pessh said:
    " Scoop guessed it a while back. New characters for PC and Arcade, will be DLC for consoles. DLC would have to be free. "
    I wonder how it would work if you had the DLC characters, but your opponent didn't?  I can't imagine that Capcom wouldn't have thought of that.

@HODGEY3000 said:

" SKULLOMANIA???? "

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please!

No Caption Provided
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pessh
    @skrutop: That's why they'd be free, they'd need to be available to everyone for balance and tournaments. There would probably be an update which is required to play online like with the costumes so wouldn't matter if some crazy people don't download.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By 234r2we232

Oh. You mean Juri and Hakan, right?

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Plasma
    @Pessh:  You are giving Capcom far too much credit. People who go to tourneys are the most dedicated, of course they'd buy the DLC, hell I bet 100% would buy a SSFIV Turbo. If they can get even 25% of people to buy the characters thats a massive income to the new Capcom x Namco.  

We SHOULD pay for them, they are brand new characters, we had to pay for costumes, were not getting free characters. At most we'll get a balance patch for the existing characters, with like 4 ???? where the DLC characters would be.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gosukiller
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " Oh. You mean Juri and Hakan, right? "
    Why would they mean them? They are already clearly featured in several screens in the folder since everyone knows them already. 
    It's not like Japan doesn't play the console version just because the arcade version is more popular.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pessh
    @Plasma: There's no way characters can be 50/50. Either everyone will have them or no one will. It's too big now for there to be optional characters. We'll see I guess.
    Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Onigenko

Oh yeah, time to main Alex!

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By 234r2we232
    @gosukiller said:

" @sofacitysweetheart said:

" Oh. You mean Juri and Hakan, right? "
    Why would they mean them? They are already clearly featured in several screens in the folder since everyone knows them already.  It's not like Japan doesn't play the console version just because the arcade version is more popular. "
    Okay. I'm just trying to be realistic. Here's an advertisement for a new arcade machine, not a new console game. I'm pretty sure the arcades do have their own unique fanbase from the consoles. That's not to say they're not aware of the new game, but the interest is heavy enough for Capcom to advertise it, if just because it makes the poster/feature stand out a lil more.

I dunno. I could just see Juri and Hakan's profiles existing underneath where the picture cuts off. Maybe.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gosukiller
    @sofacitysweetheart: Fair enough, it could very well be exactly like you say . 
    But my HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-senses are tingling more in the range of some old friends like Alex and Skullomania joining SSF4.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By dbz1995

Why do people always want Skullomania but never the overpowered spike striker Garuda?

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @dbz1995 said:
    " Why do people always want Skullomania but never the overpowered spike striker Garuda? "
    maybe its because garuda is similar to blanka? hehehe!
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @lilbigsupermario said:
    " @dbz1995 said:
    " Why do people always want Skullomania but never the overpowered spike striker Garuda? "
    maybe its because garuda is similar to blanka? hehehe! "
    What? Other than the hair, they look and play completely differently. 

Besides, SFIV needs Volcano Rosso. 
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @lilbigsupermario said:
    " @dbz1995 said:
    maybe its because garuda is similar to blanka? hehehe! "
    What? Other than the hair, they look and play completely differently.  Besides, SFIV needs Volcano Rosso.  "
    lol! yeah i know they play differently, I've just always thought he was like the "blanka" of street fighter ex, the first one. :)
    TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

Ono expressed his desire to include Rolento and R. Mika, so if this whole "NEW New Challengers" things proves to be true, it's likely they'll get the call.  

Of course, I'd love for Capcom to license Allen Snyder for use in another Street Fighter game. FIYABAWWW!
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By skrutop

D. Dark would be a really interesting choice.  He plays very differently to the characters that are out there now.

New characters, NO WAI!?
     New characters, NO WAI!?
    dieguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dieguy

The Playstation store yesterday posted up new street fighter psn avatars of Abel, Alex, Blanka, Hugo, Elena, Q,and zangief. Maybe this is a hint to what's to come or maybe Capcom wants to sell random 3rd strike characters as PSN avatars?

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Plasma
    @dieguy said:
    "  The Playstation store yesterday posted up new street fighter psn avatars of Abel, Alex, Blanka, Hugo, Elena, Q,and zangief. Maybe this is a hint to what's to come or maybe Capcom wants to sell random 3rd strike characters as PSN avatars? "
    Woah thats massive! or it could be nothing.... but it could be MASSIVE. Fuck yes Hugo, Alex, Q and Elena.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sfighter21
    @Pessh said:
    " @Plasma: There's no way characters can be 50/50. Either everyone will have them or no one will. It's too big now for there to be optional characters. We'll see I guess. "
    You'd really put it past capcom?  I wouldn't.  I mean, there are other (albeit less popular) fighting games out there that have DLC characters that COST money.  One example of a popular game I can think of off the top of my head is Soul Calibur IV.  Now, maybe people argue Yoda is banned in tournaments, but that doesn't say anything about the online play... my two cents.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CL60

You guys saying that they have to be free, because people who don't have them couldn't see them, couldn't be more wrong...they could easily just add them into everybodys game through a patch, and make them unavailable to pick unless you buy them. So you could then see them online, but not be able to pick them. Similar to alt costumes.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Plasma
    @CL60 said:
    " You guys saying that they have to be free, because people who don't have them couldn't see them, couldn't be more wrong...they could easily just add them into everybodys game through a patch, and make them unavailable to pick unless you buy them. So you could then see them online, but not be able to pick them. Similar to alt costumes. "
    That's exactly how its gonna happen. It makes sense, works like the alt. costumes, and when people see the characters online and the ??? on the character select screen they'll wana buy them. What's a better advertisement than seeing the character being played lol.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By JJOR64

About time they finally added Evil Honda to a game.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pessh
    @CL60 said:
    " You guys saying that they have to be free, because people who don't have them couldn't see them, couldn't be more wrong...they could easily just add them into everybodys game through a patch, and make them unavailable to pick unless you buy them. So you could then see them online, but not be able to pick them. Similar to alt costumes. "
    I said that would happen. They'd have to do that either way, just because they're free doesn't mean everyone would get the, and you'd need a patch for new chars anyway. 

@sfighter21 said:
    " @Pessh said:
    " @Plasma: There's no way characters can be 50/50. Either everyone will have them or no one will. It's too big now for there to be optional characters. We'll see I guess. "
    You'd really put it past capcom?  I wouldn't.  I mean, there are other (albeit less popular) fighting games out there that have DLC characters that COST money.  One example of a popular game I can think of off the top of my head is Soul Calibur IV.  Now, maybe people argue Yoda is banned in tournaments, but that doesn't say anything about the online play... my two cents. "
     That's Soul Calibur, you don't see Namco pulling that shit with Tekken. 

You people seriously think the PC and arcade versions will have more characters, and you'll have to pay to get them on consoles? Maybe you're right, I just don't see capcom ruining sf (balance wise) so soon after it's release.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scooper

The characters will be free on console but their alt costumes still be paid. Only a few characters will get in there (about half a dozen max, I think 5). It doesn't matter anyway, we'll know in a couple days who's been put in.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Just so people know there is no way Skullomania can be added to the game. Capcom doesn't own the rights to Street Fighter EX so none of those characters can be added.  

Sorry to be the party pooper.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlKusanagi

Sorry to ruin hopes and dreams, but that Japanese text next to Gouken's picture says "18 new characters have been added, bringing the total roster up to 35!"

There are 35 characters already in the home version of SSF4, and while 18 sounds like a huge number, you have to remember that also includes the console exclusive characters like Cammy and Sakura from SF4 that were never added to the arcade version.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By napalm

Shadow is coming. I fucking called that shit like a year ago. Shadow or Shadow Charlie. Ono talked about him being in the game like, six or seven months ago.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Flushes

My pick for best new character would be "Makoto that isn't shit garbage."

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gaff
    @AlKusanagi said:
    " Sorry to ruin hopes and dreams, but that Japanese text next to Gouken's picture says "18 new characters have been added, bringing the total roster up to 35!"  There are 35 characters already in the home version of SSF4, and while 18 sounds like a huge number, you have to remember that also includes the console exclusive characters like Cammy and Sakura from SF4 that were never added to the arcade version. "
    There is no place on a video game forum for the truth!!! But yeah, this.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Diamond
    @AlKusanagi said:
    Sorry to ruin hopes and dreams, but that Japanese text next to Gouken's picture says "18 new characters have been added, bringing the total roster up to 35!"  There are 35 characters already in the home version of SSF4, and while 18 sounds like a huge number, you have to remember that also includes the console exclusive characters like Cammy and Sakura from SF4 that were never added to the arcade version.
    This.  Up until this point Japanese arcades didn't even have the character roster of SF4 on consoles.  That is ALL this is about.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By luce

Elena, Alex, and that dude with the Hat and suit

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By jakob187

If this means more characters are finally coming, I can only hope that Skullomania and Rolento are announced.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By squirtle_squad

add Q please

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#38  Edited By ArbitraryWater

As someone who never got into any of the Street Fighter Spinoffs, who else could be added? I guess the most obvious pool at this point is SFIII, followed by all the alpha characters that weren't cool enough to appear in the other incarnations of SFIV.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By lordofultima

I don't buy it. I think it's referring to the new characters since vanilla.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DoctorWelch

OH GOD, MORE CHARACTERS!!! Well, what about Urien. All I know is that he is supposedly a beast in 3rd Strike, so why not include him. Or maybe Q lol, or how about Oro lol. Soo many retarded street fighter characters lol.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By Phished0ne

I agree it probably means the new "super" characters.. 

...but Hugo is in the background of that one new stage. 

Wait! im calling it, new characters, Mayor Mike Haggar,  Hugo, and SODOM!!! 

C'MON GUYS! SODOM! we need "silly weeaboo thats not how you say that!"  jokes in street fighter again.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CounterShock

Callin' it  
    R. Mika
    Q
    Charlie
    Hugo
    Elena
    Rolento

Alex

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By 617_jbug

According to Neo Gaf some information got erased on srk that mention 7 new characters and they show off Alex and Rolento.

edit: Neo Gaf is saying that the PS3 has recently put up avatars for 7characters that are not in SSF4.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gosukiller

Looks like our assumptions were right. 2 new characters coming (at least).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.