Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Finally received my tournament edition stick!!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By OmegaPirate

So I'm probably a little behind the curve here (read as - very far behind) - but today i finally received my Street Fighter Tournament stick!  
     This probably barely qualifies as news amongst the sf4 community, most of which will have snapped up their sticks as soon as readily available - however it;s been a long and windy road to get to this stage for me, and i feel happy enough in order to make a lengthy blog post - so there! 

So i pre-ordered Street Fighter 4 when it was released for my Ps3 - and decided to shell out for the Special edition (totally not worth it by the way) i got the awesomeness of the game itself - however the 'street scene and action figures' have never left the wrapper, and the animated film is - ummm, i have no idea where that went! 

So after playing Street fighter 4 for a couple of months i was getting pretty proficient at the game and had all the trophies for the game barring the Trials (seriously, fuck those) and was considering buying a Stick to help improve my game, the beef being that :- 

• They are incredibly expensive
    • They were Damn hard to come across due to the random Arcade stick shortage of 2009

Yes over here in England they sold out almost immediately, and 2nd hand (read as touting bastards) were selling at 300/400 pounds +! 

So i plodded on with my dualshock and enjoyed myself, until eventually other games started coming out and i ended up falling behind the more skilled players, the guys i played with on my friends list moved on and playing against randomers occasionally resulted in (my) tiger destruction. 

So fast forward a year later and i had acquired a 360 to sit by my baby  - and a new opportunity to get into SF4 arises with Super being released, a fair few of my friends pick up the 360 version so i decide yeah why the hell not and slam down the dollar to get that version - after a few days im getting back into the swing of things, and loving the new characters, Ibuki, dudley, codey being my favourites so far- however as i'm sure you guys know, the 360 D-Pad fucking SUCKS DUDE 

Despite my sparring partner - Tanuki - and his best efforts, i was still getting my ass handed to me over and over and over - simple things such as cancels and charges and quarter circle moves were suddenly dices with death and lady luck as to whether the d-pad would do what i wanted it to, or whether it was gonna make it up as it went along. 

So a little bit of soul and price searching led to this being at home today after i finished work :- 

No Caption Provided

There was a random Black cat on my bed right next to where i keep my lucky cardboard box, i decided to keep the cat and call him Kato.  

No in seriousness, my TE stick had arrived, i decided to tear it open and take the obligatory opening pictures to post - beaming with giddy pride as i saw the awesome presentation  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So now i get to learn how to play and suck all over again - though hopefully it will be more bearable than trying to do two successive half backs - not even gonna mention any of guiles ultras  -_- using the standard d-pad. Im fully aware its gonna take a while to adjust  - and im  now gonna have to buy any fighting game that comes out to justify my purchase  - but ill be damned if it wasnt worth it just for the awesome factor and how sexy it looks next to my other equipment! 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

So I'm probably a little behind the curve here (read as - very far behind) - but today i finally received my Street Fighter Tournament stick!  
     This probably barely qualifies as news amongst the sf4 community, most of which will have snapped up their sticks as soon as readily available - however it;s been a long and windy road to get to this stage for me, and i feel happy enough in order to make a lengthy blog post - so there! 

So i pre-ordered Street Fighter 4 when it was released for my Ps3 - and decided to shell out for the Special edition (totally not worth it by the way) i got the awesomeness of the game itself - however the 'street scene and action figures' have never left the wrapper, and the animated film is - ummm, i have no idea where that went! 

So after playing Street fighter 4 for a couple of months i was getting pretty proficient at the game and had all the trophies for the game barring the Trials (seriously, fuck those) and was considering buying a Stick to help improve my game, the beef being that :- 

• They are incredibly expensive
    • They were Damn hard to come across due to the random Arcade stick shortage of 2009

Yes over here in England they sold out almost immediately, and 2nd hand (read as touting bastards) were selling at 300/400 pounds +! 

So i plodded on with my dualshock and enjoyed myself, until eventually other games started coming out and i ended up falling behind the more skilled players, the guys i played with on my friends list moved on and playing against randomers occasionally resulted in (my) tiger destruction. 

So fast forward a year later and i had acquired a 360 to sit by my baby  - and a new opportunity to get into SF4 arises with Super being released, a fair few of my friends pick up the 360 version so i decide yeah why the hell not and slam down the dollar to get that version - after a few days im getting back into the swing of things, and loving the new characters, Ibuki, dudley, codey being my favourites so far- however as i'm sure you guys know, the 360 D-Pad fucking SUCKS DUDE 

Despite my sparring partner - Tanuki - and his best efforts, i was still getting my ass handed to me over and over and over - simple things such as cancels and charges and quarter circle moves were suddenly dices with death and lady luck as to whether the d-pad would do what i wanted it to, or whether it was gonna make it up as it went along. 

So a little bit of soul and price searching led to this being at home today after i finished work :- 

No Caption Provided

There was a random Black cat on my bed right next to where i keep my lucky cardboard box, i decided to keep the cat and call him Kato.  

No in seriousness, my TE stick had arrived, i decided to tear it open and take the obligatory opening pictures to post - beaming with giddy pride as i saw the awesome presentation  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So now i get to learn how to play and suck all over again - though hopefully it will be more bearable than trying to do two successive half backs - not even gonna mention any of guiles ultras  -_- using the standard d-pad. Im fully aware its gonna take a while to adjust  - and im  now gonna have to buy any fighting game that comes out to justify my purchase  - but ill be damned if it wasnt worth it just for the awesome factor and how sexy it looks next to my other equipment! 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

Good shit, lets play. I am still getting used to my TE, thing is fucking gigantic.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vanek

You lucky bastard!  =P 

I've toyed with buying a stick for a good while now but I just can't make my mind up.  I liked SFIV a lot but burned out after a few weeks of playing it because the Xbox 360 d-pad was so terrible, and now it's happening again with SSFIV.  I decided I'd start with the Hori EX2 and also a Fightpad to see which I prefer, then head online, and if I enjoy that (I've always been kinda scared to go online with SFIV XD) I can make the bigger purchase of the crazy stick. 

That was an awesome read and I hope it goes well for you.  You need to post up the results in a few weeks!  ^_^

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Tordah

Haha, awesome cat. He seemed to be quite interested in getting his paws on the stick as well.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Stang: Sure man - being the main man when it comes to SF round these parts im sure a few schoolings from yourself would help / cause me to lose all confidence in my life :P 

@Vanek: Yeah man it wasn't an easy decision for sure - 120 bones was a lot to throw down for something that - to all ends, may end up being used casually and put aside, or may not help me at all  - the only reason i followed up on ti was we got our end of year bonus paychecks at the end of last month so i had a bit of money to spare, if it wasn't for that id definitely still be on a 360 pad - ill post an update saying how im getting on - although i here the 360 fightpads are also pretty awesome? 

@Tordah:
     Yeah- it seems there was a MadCatz outside the box too huh?!?!? HUH!?!?!/ - ok i'll get my coat.........
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I also have a black cat called Kato. He is a ninja.

My copy has arrived. Soon we shall face one another on the field of battle.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By JokerClown88

I cant get use to a stick.  Something inside me is allergic to them for some reason.  I use the Fight Pad.  In fact its this Fightpad  

Older Photo from when it first arrived in the mail.
     Older Photo from when it first arrived in the mail.
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By hungrynun

Training mode is where I'm still getting down the motions. If I ever end up on the right side of the screen I'm totally fucked.

Practice!!!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fwylo

KITTY

I have a black cat too. Named Frolic.

Nice stick.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stang
    @OmegaPirate: Haha, I doubt it will be rough :p Shoot me a message when you feel comfortable with the stick. If you want to play before getting comfortable that is fine also, I have no problem going random select......as long as it ends up on Ken ;)
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By yetiantics
    @JokerClown88:
    compared to using the actual 360 controller, how is this better than it?
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Sweep: My black Kato cat is fecking awesome :D please tell me you named yours for the 'correct' reason 

@JokerClown88: Yeah thats a concern of mine, though ive heard those fightpads are also freaking great in comparison! 

@hungrynun:
     not gonna lie - i face the same, when i play as player 2  -the right side - i cant get my head around shit bein backwards, goddammit! messes up in quarter match no end! 

@fwylo: Giggity! (kittens rock) 

@Stang:
     Sweet man- thank you, and no worries , your love of Ken is infamous enough i wouldnt even dream of denying you :D
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Rhaknar

took me a while to get used to my TE, but now I cant think of not using it, or going back to a pad

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @OmegaPirate:  Pink Panther reason. You knows it :D
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Welcome to the club!

Siepher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Siepher

Because I'm too lazy to do the research, let me ask you instead, is it wireless? 

And nice stick, I hope it improves your gameplay.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AURON570

Lucky dude! You got a cat! 

I'll get around to buying a TE stick some day...

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3
    @Siepher:  No dude, it's wired
    Siepher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Siepher
    @LiquidSaiyan3 said:
    " @Siepher:  No dude, it's wired "
    Oh, right, okay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.