Super T.I.M.E. Force is a retro side-scrolling shooter on the onset set in the year 198X, in outer-space, that focuses on time-manipulation. It was released on Xbox 360 and Xbox One on May 14th, 2014.
The game is a side-scrolling shooter, that has a unique time-manipulation mechanic. Every action a character takes (e.g. jumping, running, shooting, acquiring one of the various collectibles) is recorded and upon death, or at the press of a button can be rewinded and plays out again parallel to what is happening in real time with another player character.
This leads to multiple clones of player characters running and gunning at the same time. Another important mechanic is, that the player can save themselves from death. If an enemy shoots the player character, and the player rewinds to an earlier state and then proceeds to kill the enemy before he actually kills the first player character, that character is saved and can be picked up to stack power ups.
Every character has a normal attack and a special charge shot. There are multiple starting characters, and 13 unlockable characters.
The different levels feature two types of collectibles:
- Shards, that upon shooting/collecting slow down time. They only show up after rewinding past the point they are to be collected. There are 3 on each level.
- Glorbs, that serve no gameplay purpose. They can be found in the level, or be killing enemies/destroying objects. When falling out of enemies/objects, the player has to be quick to catch them, because they shatter upon hitting the ground. There are 10 on each level.
Most levels also feature Looker Shards that can only be obtained when the player reaches the Shard in a certain time. If the time limit is not met, collecting the shard will make a counter appear indicating the target time.
Upon completion of the game a new difficulty setting called Super Hardcore Mode is unlocked. In this mode each member of The Super Time Force can only die once.
The story tells the exploits of Prof. Repeatski, later known as Crd. Repeatski, a loser scientist who discovers time travel.
He uses the power time travel gives him to build a special time corps known as The Super Time Force. He recruits people from several periods in time to serve under him and his goal is to rewrite history to his liking. Which includes unsinking the lost city of Atlantis, so it can be used as a holiday resort, and preventing the extinction of the dinosaurs, because they are awesome.
Repeatski is opposed by the mysterious Dr. Infinity, who calls The Super Time Force terrorists, who don't care about the repercussions that come with changing the past.
- Weapon: Machine Gun
- Charge Special: Rapid-Fire Spread
- Weapon: Sniper Rifle (bullets bounce off walls)
- Charge Special: Laser Shot (shoots through walls)
- Weapon: Shield (melee bash attack/deflect projectiles)
- Charge Special: Shield Orb (invulnerability inside a halo)
- Weapon: Bazooka (shots drop)
- Charge Special: Rocket Shot (no drop, splash damage)
- Weapon: Bite (Zack can also jump on enemy's heads to kill them)
- Charge Special: Goo Spit
Lou Don Jim
- Weapon: Laser Sword
- Charge Special: Laser Sword Throw
- Weapon: Shotgun
- Charge Special: Bigger Spread/Range Shotgun Blast
- Weapon: Multiple Boomerangs surrounding her
- Charge Special: All Boomerangs are charged and fired at the enemy
- Weapon: Staff
- Charge Special: Damage Rune
- Weapon: Chainsaw
- Charged Special: Charged up Pump Action Shotgun
- Weapon: Magnum
- Charge Special: Gas Cloud
- Weapon: Squeak
- Charge Special: Gatling Gun
- Weapon: Holo Fist
- Charge Special: Chest Beam
- Weapon: Arrow
- Charge Special: Hovering Arrow Turret
- Weapon: Machine Gun
- Charge Special: Multiple Target Seeking Rockets
- "Weapon": Target Indicator
- Charge Special: Several lasers that home in on the target indicator.
Due to the discovery of time travel Philadelphia has been destroyed and invaded by Blounbots. It's up to the Super T.I.M.E. Force to defeat these sinister robots and find out why the world has gone to heck.
In an effort to create a human-dinosaur society, Commander Repeatski sends the Super T.I.M.E. Force back in time to save the dinosaurs from extinction.
In order to save the city of Atlantis from sinking into the ocean, Command Repeatski dispatches the Super T.I.M.E. Force back in time to discover the cause of the fabled city's demise and to reverse it.
Repeatski's favorite medieval themed restaurant franchise is going out of business and he's very angry about it. In order to save his beloved eatery, he sends the super time force back to 673 to steal the Holy Grail which he plans to sell online and pay off all of the franchise's debt.
With the realization that babies are boring, Repeatski sends the team in to the future in order to find his grown up daughter and see how she is doing. However, once they get there, it seems that the future isn't quite what Repeatski thought it would be. It's up to the team to fix this post-apocalyptic landscape and return Cleo back to her father.
The President sent Commander Repeatski a hilarious cat video but his browser does not have the right plug-ins to play it. To help quell his frustration he sends the team to the far future to get all of the plug-ins for ever.
After the Earth explodes, The Super Time force sets out to finally put a stop to Dr. Infinity, who they think is responsible for the Earth's destruction.