Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Syndicate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Syndicate is a reinvention of the 1993 game by Bullfrog. Developed at Starbreeze Studios, the game puts players in the shoes of Miles Kilo, one of the cybernetically-enhanced Agents who wages war against enemy mega-corporations on behalf of EuroCorp, his sponsor syndicate.

EA Finally Stops Pretending it Isn't Remaking Syndicate, Announces Syndicate Remake

• 157 results
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By shiftymagician

I can't get angry about this as I've never played Syndicate. I'll be neutral about it and see if the game is fun or not regardless of name. I like Cyberpunk.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#152  Edited By Tennmuerti

FPS? - fucking pathetic

The game can be good or bad, like people said we can't judge yet.

But it's sure as shit isn't going to be a Syndicate game.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By Wuddel

@Tennmuerti said:

FPS? - fucking pathetic

The game can be good or bad, like people said we can't judge yet.

But it's sure as shit isn't going to be a Syndicate game.

QFT

kadayi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By kadayi

@sthusby: Agreed. I think because it's 'FPS' people's perception is warped by the 'S'. Portal 2 is an FPS, but it's a completely different experience from say MW2. Right now there's really not enough data to go on to determine much about the workings of the game at this stage.

As for the people wondering why it's not going to be Isometric. The answer lies in the fact that they game wasn't that complex in the first place (it's no C&C or Starcraft). Sure it would be entirely possible to make an updated isometric version, but even it was 100% faithful to the original, it wouldn't be a title that set the world alight at launch in terms of sales or awards.

kerikxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By kerikxi

I always liked the between mission stuff in Syndicate more than the missions themselves. Controlling your whole squad was always a pain. FPS works just fine for me. I think this has promise, but it's still too early obviously.

Boopie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By Boopie

why not make it a DOTA rip off? instead of another FPS?? I'm not sure what a DOTA is but I hear it a lot these days

Helgi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Helgi

I have no idea what Syndicate is but I'm excited since this is a first person shooter from Starbreeze.

mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By mus

Played the first games all those years ago, loved them and still love the games. So this is going to be in first person. I think Starbreeze took a few pages out from Bethesda with Fallout 3. A risque maneuver by them, however I hope they prove people wrong and a good game can be done.

I liked the original style of the game. Shame they are not going to stick to Bullfrog's isometric strategy game. However I remain resolute that it will be a good game, if not, I shall be bloomin' annoyed if it is not.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#159  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Mus said:

Played the first games all those years ago, loved them and still love the games. So this is going to be in first person. I think Starbreeze took a few pages out from Bethesda with Fallout 3. A risque maneuver by them, however I hope they prove people wrong and a good game can be done.

I liked the original style of the game. Shame they are not going to stick to Bullfrog's isometric strategy game. However I remain resolute that it will be a good game, if not, I shall be bloomin' annoyed if it is not.

Starbreeze can do good and unique first person games, so there's easily the potential for this to be at least pretty cool if not amazing. Plus we need more cyberpunk up in here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.