Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

G's n G's Sir Arthur Was Planned

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    There an interview up on Dengeki where Niitsuma-san reveals Sir Arthur from Ghouls' N Ghost's was planned for Ultimate All Stars, apparently he was also going to have his own level. It kinda makes me wish fans were a lot more vocal about who they wanted to see when the game was still in development. The fact is I don't really like the new Capcom line up at all really, apart from Zero, the new characters have little appeal to me as a life long Capcom fan. I think Sir Arthur would have been awesome for the game. If he could have been in the game so could Firebrand also.

Niitsuma & Co also reveal what happened as far as the other characters that never made the cut. 

Ingrid, from Capcom Fighting Jam, and the PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, was actually made into a test model for the game - the first Capcom character test model, actually. Back during the start of development, the staff wanted to put make something from a Capcom franchise, and they selected Ingrid. According to Igawa-san, the staff placed Ingrid's model in one of Eighting's other game projects, PS2's Shijou Saikyou no Danshi Kenichi, just as a test.  

Phoenix Wright was also under consideration. Although it doesn't seem that he got all the way to test form, Niitsuma-san revealed that the staff was considering moves and so-forth for the character. They even received permission from key Ace Attorney series personnel, including Minae Matsukawa and Shuu Takumi. The problem with Wright, according to Niitsuma, is that while the character has a gesture where his arms move, in his original game environment, he never moves from the waist down. They considered attaching tires to his desk and making the whole thing move as a single character but this was tossed under consideration for collision issues.  

Niitsuma says his team will do everything they can to see both in any new game.

GoogleTranslated:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/234/234680/&sl=ja&tl=en
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By apathylad

I would have liked to see Phoenix Wright. Maybe he'll appear in another of the Vs. game crossovers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.