Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Good way to test sprays?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Diamond

I crated a animated spray which I can see just fine if I spray it, but other players say they can't.  Is there a good way to test this other than telling someone I know to go online and join a server for me?  Do some servers disable animated sprays but not static sprays (non-animated sprays worked fine on the server).  I don't think I've ever seen a animated spray sprayed by anyone but me for that matter.

Any advice?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Diamond

You know what, say what you will about the Xbox Live community, the TF2 community on PC is miles worse.  Absolutely abysmal.  Annoying manchildren and 13 year old boys.  Not even in the same class.  Couldn't get one player in the last 3 hours to take a single second to respond to me, ever.  Fucking scum.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

Why would people care?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Not sure if TF2 lets you either that or server don't, I've do have an animated one if L4D though, I was bored so made it. I know people in L4D can see mine though. Maybe you've gone over the limits or something whilst making it.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Miniman said:
    " People don't give two shits about your spray, they aren't going to waste their time checking if your spray works. "
    This.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Diamond said:
    " You know what, say what you will about the Xbox Live community, the TF2 community on PC is miles worse.  Absolutely abysmal.  Annoying manchildren and 13 year old boys.  Not even in the same class.  Couldn't get one player in the last 3 hours to take a single second to respond to me, ever.  Fucking scum. "

No Caption Provided

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By warxsnake
    @Diamond said:
    " You know what, say what you will about the Xbox Live community, the TF2 community on PC is miles worse.  Absolutely abysmal.  Annoying manchildren and 13 year old boys.  Not even in the same class.  Couldn't get one player in the last 3 hours to take a single second to respond to me, ever.  Fucking scum. "
    joining the wrong servers maybe?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " Why would people care? "
    @Miniman said:
    " People don't give two shits about your spray, they aren't going to waste their time checking if your spray works. "
    Human decency maybe?  But yea, they don't care because they're worthless pieces of shit.

But anyways I did eventually find one guy who was willing to tell me the simple question of if it worked or not, and it does.

But people who are unwilling to do such are tiny thing, requiring no effort, are the biggest drain on society.  Worthless fucks...
    Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Damolition

Haha, wow. You don't get your way and you swear at people.

Clearly you are a beacon of light representing the xbox community.

ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZettaSlow

I don't know if there was a post deleted or what, but seeing what appeared to be a fairly normal beginning post immediately followed by the second one made me laugh so hard. Dude, it's a spray. Stop being so anal about finding out if it works or not.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dsplayer1010

In all my expieriences, the TF2 360 community has always been fine. Save for the hackers

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pazy

Just because people dont want to check if your animated spray is working correctly dosent suddenly make them "fucking scum" or "manchildren". They came to play a game and its quite understandable that playing is all they want to do, especially since what your asking them to check has no bearing on the game whatsoever and most people find sprays an annoying waste of time. Basically im saying chill out, just because they didnt pay absolute attention to you dosent mean you should hate them. The community is in no way perfect, most games (especially populer ones like TF2) have there fair shair of fools and offensive people but the PC TF2 community (for the most part) isnt all that bad, especially when you learn from experience with regard to individual servers. There are definately better communties (especially smaller ones I find) but there are most definately a lot worse and personally id include XBL in that though it has its moments.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diamond
    @Damolition said:
    " Haha, wow. You don't get your way and you swear at people. Clearly you are a beacon of light representing the xbox community. "
    Right, because I'm here to represent the xbox community...

I'm just saying the PC TF2 community is absolute crap.  Frustrates the hell out of me.  For the record I never swore or called the people on the servers any names at all.  I was polite, asking if someone could please check my spray.  Over 100 people completely ignored me.  I understand some people don't speak english, some people have sprays disabled, some people even have chat disabled.  Took several hours before even a single person was willing to do that one thing.

In my opinion, that's a shitty community.  What's the point in even playing with other people if they never communicate.  They've played thousands of hours of the game, and they can't put aside 30 seconds to respond to someone asking for a favor.

@ZettaSlow said:
    Dude, it's a spray. Stop being so anal about finding out if it works or not.
    Already did figure it out, if you'd read my previous posts.  Someone finally responded.

@Pazy said:
    " Just because people dont want to check if your animated spray is working correctly dosent suddenly make them "fucking scum" or "manchildren". They came to play a game and its quite understandable that playing is all they want to do, especially since what your asking them to check has no bearing on the game whatsoever and most people find sprays an annoying waste of time. Basically im saying chill out, just because they didnt pay absolute attention to you dosent mean you should hate them. The community is in no way perfect, most games (especially populer ones like TF2) have there fair shair of fools and offensive people but the PC TF2 community (for the most part) isnt all that bad, especially when you learn from experience with regard to individual servers. There are definately better communties (especially smaller ones I find) but there are most definately a lot worse and personally id include XBL in that though it has its moments. "
    It's not just that they ignored me, it's the way they ignored me.  One guy tried to voteban me because I asked more than once, and he didn't bother to respond to my question.  The way they talk and act makes the Xbox community look like a shining gem.  There's a huge gap between 'absolute attention' and not even bothering to respond to a person in need for a second.  I didn't demand a reply at all, I didn't demand an instant reply, I was patient and polite.  That means nothing to these shitheads.

I did find some better games in the last few hours.  I think time of day has something to do with it.

EDIT : anyways, I found my solution as I stated, so mods can lock this thread.  I'm going to try to find one online to PM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.