Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

How's the 360 version of TF2?

the9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the9

Getting it for PC isn't an option b/c that's too big of an investment for me (upgrading graphics card, motherboard, new cpu and the game itself) cause my Windows computer is from the year 2000. I was wondering about the community (if anyone is still playing), and if there's any serious problems with it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I have ASSLOADS of lag. I also have Earthlink, though.

oedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oedipus

360 version doesn't really have a community attached to it. Therefore, you'll pretty much have no one to play with. With Team Fortress 2 on the PC, there's a ton of people playing constantly. Also, you have mods and different game types. Additionally, none of the new Valve maps are on the 360 version, so you'll have less to play.

And most importantly, you don't have sweet, sweet sprays to pepper the map with.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By xruntime

I hear it's pretty bad. If there were any chance of getting the updates, then maybe I'd recommend it, but from what I hear you guys aren't getting anything.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Riddler

not enough people play it

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Manks

The community isn't active.  I just played it yesterday and only found 2 games.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bass

ummm.... i play it everyday now, and it's fine. as long as you do player matches, you'll find plenty of matches to participate in. I have already made several friends in the game, and I see them consistently. To say the game doesn't have a community would be a lie. To say it has a smaller community than the PC version, though, is definitely true. The worst part is that unlockables haven't been added to this version yet, and when they do, they will probably cost MS points...

Let me know if you ever get it :)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Bass said:
    "ummm.... i play it everyday now, and it's fine. as long as you do player matches, you'll find plenty of matches to participate in. I have already made several friends in the game, and I see them consistently. To say the game doesn't have a community would be a lie. To say it has a smaller community than the PC version, though, is definitely true. The worst part is that unlockables haven't been added to this version yet, and when they do, they will probably cost MS points...

Let me know if you ever get it :)"
    aren't the unlockables essentially the achievements?

Anyway, I ended up getting the the 360 version.  I sometimes play the TF2 weekends (i got the 360 because i didnt have a good pc back then).  Judging by what ive played of both, they're pretty much the same as far as gameplay goes.  Nothing really different.  More people play on the pc, but it's not exactly hard to find a match on the 360 version.

I think both are meh though- i dunno, maybe they're just not my type?
    Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Subway

It's not too bad, not as great as the Pc version, but it's still very fun.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Illmatic

I rented the Orange Box from Gamefly a while back and completely regret not buying it from them when I canceled my subscription. The game is awesome. I admit that there can be times where its pretty difficult to find games but there is, in fact, a community for the game. While the updates being added to the game might cost some MS points, if you're like me and don't have the money to upgrade your comp for this game then its a good buy.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

Its fine for 360, just not many maps, and none of the extras or updates are there like in the PC version, they will be patched in sometime before the end of the year, but don't know when yet.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

It runs decently, but their isn't much of a community. Also, if you wanted to really play the game it's meant to be played then you will need to be using a mouse and keyboard, which is obviously not an option on the 360.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Completely agree with Kush, TF2 is one of those games, will always be better on a PC..and it actually has a community on the PC, half the time even though the 360 version is fine you won't find many servers, and will get plenty of lag. PC has all the current class updates, more official maps and tons of good custom ones.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By kush
    pause422 said:
    "Completely agree with Kush, TF2 is one of those games, will always be better on a PC..and it actually has a community on the PC, half the time even though the 360 version is fine you won't find many servers, and will get plenty of lag. PC has all the current class updates, more official maps and tons of good custom ones."
    This is why I am worried about the 360 version of Left 4 Dead...For one, I don't know how well it will play with a controller (glad there will be a demo) and it also seems to be one of those forgotten games for the 360, so it may not get much of a community either.
    FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FengShuiGod

No one plays, and the controller is vastly inferior to the M&KB for TF2.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ma7moud

Its Okay but its better on the PC.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Well if PC really isn't an option my advice is get it, although if you're unsure you may want to wait until they add the big update that will be coming some time before the end of the year.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The 360 version would have much more of a community if the game wasn't hopelessly broken *which on the pc its still hopelessly broken which is why you find many servers that the common rule is not allowing certain character types* the most common being the mechanic or engineer (been a while since i played* because the turret when upgraded is the cheapest thing ever.

I've seen 2 engineers win a game againest 6 other players on both the 360 and pc version in games of landgrab, It is far to easy to sit behind your turret with your back to the wall constantly reparing it with a dispenser next to you making it impossible for an spy to disable both and thus get killed when they go out of camo in half a second.

TF2 is hopelessly broken like counterstrike was when it first came out and it took them 4 or so years to fix it.

Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Dakota

Its not good. And you shouldn't be too worried about upgrading your computer, as TF2 scales very well on older systems.

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Arjuna

It's good.  It's not as good as the PC version.  There are lots of ppl still playing it.  Myself for one.  Valve is slow in releasing patches for it though.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AaronBelfast

Its good, not great. But not getting the PC version means your missing out on half the experience.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

Its fine on the 360 as I said, just not enough play it and it feels odd witha controller... its been confirmed though before end of the year an update will be released to include all the updates the PC version has had, it will cost money though , they can't get around it because of microsoft. And god damnit Kush you made me worry about L4D a bit now..the only gameplay shown so far has been the PC version...and I had planned on getting it for 360 initially cuz me and a few friends are phyched for it...but now that worries me a little bit .... i hope it turns out alright, but I'll probably end up buying it for PC and renting it on 360 now that I think about it :\

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422
    Kush said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Completely agree with Kush, TF2 is one of those games, will always be better on a PC..and it actually has a community on the PC, half the time even though the 360 version is fine you won't find many servers, and will get plenty of lag. PC has all the current class updates, more official maps and tons of good custom ones."
    This is why I am worried about the 360 version of Left 4 Dead...For one, I don't know how well it will play with a controller (glad there will be a demo) and it also seems to be one of those forgotten games for the 360, so it may not get much of a community either."
    I really hope it doesn't end up being a forgotten game by the time it launches though..it would be ashame to have people not get into that game if they don't have a good PC or just have no interest at all....really is it one of the only original games besides Dead Space coming out this year that isn't a sequel, and just has a new and fresh feel to it, not more of the same... i hope people get into it.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By xruntime
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "

The 360 version would have much more of a community if the game wasn't hopelessly broken *which on the pc its still hopelessly broken which is why you find many servers that the common rule is not allowing certain character types* the most common being the mechanic or engineer (been a while since i played* because the turret when upgraded is the cheapest thing ever.

I've seen 2 engineers win a game againest 6 other players on both the 360 and pc version in games of landgrab, It is far to easy to sit behind your turret with your back to the wall constantly reparing it with a dispenser next to you making it impossible for an spy to disable both and thus get killed when they go out of camo in half a second.

TF2 is hopelessly broken like counterstrike was when it first came out and it took them 4 or so years to fix it.

"
    Oh come on! All it takes is an uber or a spy - demo/soldier coordinated attack to take out a sentry. If you can't take out sentries, it's not that its cheap, but your team isn't any good.
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Termite
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "

"
    William I have no idea what you're talking about. There were problems in the beta but most of them were solved when the game came out.

Not only are all of the words you used the wrong ones, but one demo and a medic can take out 3 engies easy if they're good. Engies sitting against walls reparing their sentries are the weakest one's by far. So, if those were your problems with the game then I suggest you start playing again, bucause engie's aren't that strong and I have rarely seen any servers with character restrictions. In fact, even though I only frequent a few servers due to my ping, I have yet to see a single server that still has any class restrictions unless it's a hardcore clan server.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.