Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Is the 360 Version ever going to get updated

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
    toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

I want to get back to playing it but nothing new ever seems to be there unlike the PC version

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

I vaguely remember hearing that either the Medic & Heavy update was coming sometime in the distant future for consoles, or that it wasn't at all. Either way, you're probably not going to see it soon.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By kush

The 360 version is going to get an update, but rather than give out little bits and pieces here and there; they decided to wait for a significant amount of content to be made before they put up the DLC.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bass

this has also been said to be out before the end of this year. It is entirely possible that their will have been a 4th update since then, as well.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By xplodedd

i think the PC version is the way to go ;(

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Its gonna get all the updates the PC version have so far sometime before this year is over they said, you'll have to pay though since they microsoft won't let them not charge for it.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Alexander

My PC is rubbish, so I have the 360 version of Orange Box. I have to say that having played the PC version, Team Fortress 2 is a game clearly designed for that platform, the same goes for Half-Life 2, but thanks to the slower pace and excellent job they did mapping the controls to a 360 pad, it's neither here nor there.

As for the updates, I didn't think there was enough to warrant a 360 patch.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Alexander
    pause422 said:
    "Its gonna get all the updates the PC version have so far sometime before this year is over they said, you'll have to pay though since they microsoft won't let them not charge for it."
    That's not true, a number of updates have been released at no charge over Live in other games. And Valve certainly aren't into charging players for that kind of thing.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Alexander said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Its gonna get all the updates the PC version have so far sometime before this year is over they said, you'll have to pay though since they microsoft won't let them not charge for it."
    That's not true, a number of updates have been released at no charge over Live in other games. And Valve certainly aren't into charging players for that kind of thing."

there are confliciting reports from diferent companies. Valve have said that Microsoft won't let them release the updates for free, yet some games have had free updates, so it sounds like microsoft are being selective about who gets to put out free updates.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By xruntime

The latest info says that the 360 will get updates that cost $$$. Other games may have had free updates, but this update will take almost a GB in bandwidth. EA isn't interested in continuing their business with Valve, so there will be no PS3 updates. Also, it'd be unfair that the 360 had to pay for what the PS3 would get for free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.