Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Natascha Sucks.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Demilich

You know this to be true. Think about it.

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DanCarmichael

True. But it is easy on the ears.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Demilich

It does indeed sound purdy.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xxNBxx

I haven't really tested out how much it slows ppl.  but i guess it could be handing sometimes

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By thordain

It doesn't seem to bad. I like how it sounds like my washing machine.

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DanCarmichael

Quite simply the slowing people down feature isn't useful. Therefor you've just got an underpowered minigun.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Demilich
    DanCarmichael said:
    "Quite simply the slowing people down feature isn't useful."

Simple and well put.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Patchinko
    DanCarmichael said:
    "Quite simply the slowing people down feature isn't useful. Therefor you've just got an underpowered minigun."
    And extra points for the Marathon logo as an avatar.
    Itchyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Itchyface

I thought maybe it would be a cool weapon but now that I hear it doesn't work well I'm less inclined to try to get it

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Schizoid

Yeah it's pretty rubbish. Maybe I'll replace the sounds for the guns!

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demilich
    Schizoid said:
    "Yeah it's pretty rubbish. Maybe I'll replace the sounds for the guns!"
    That's not a bad idea!
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xxNBxx
    RyeBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By RyeBread

It all depends on the map. I like it on Warpath

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demilich
    RyeBread said:
    "It all depends on the map. I like it on Warpath"
    Almost every day I scroll through the Australia server list looking for Warpath, but nobody hosts it anymore... It's such a great map too.
    DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DanCarmichael

Yeah I've found that too. If I do find a server its on an older (not as good) version of the map.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thordain

I remember warpath, it's a pretty good map. Wish I could play it more.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By xruntime

There are few maps its useful on...if any...

One time I got screwed over by Natasha is in the sewer tunnel in 2fort, the heavy was shooting, i was trying to get away, but I was too slow.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thordain

I think Natascha is most effective when you're working in a group. If you're in a bigger battle, the slowdown really helps out your teammates in killing the enemy because they have trouble just moving around. If your just charging into the enemy base on your own, Natascha isn't going to do much. So Natascha=More of a team weapon to me.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hamz

I haven't got much love for the heavy class in TF2 to be perfectly honest. The new weapons seem rather disappointing in my opinion. Natascha just isn't that good compared to old faithfull Sascha. The ability to slow an enemy down is negated by the fact the heavy is shit slow anyway and the reduced damage from the new gun is a big turn off. Most classes can stil outrun the heavy even when they have been slowed down and the reduced damage means they have a better chance of survival.

I'd have preferred if Valve did the following bonuses for Natascha...

Boost the movement speed of the heavy so that its equal to the other classes, except the scout, but maintain the reduced damage that Natascha currently has. This would atleast allow the class to move around maps quicker and have a more "assault" style of play to them. Rushing at enemy control points or sentries with more speed, and plus when ubered they wouldn't be pushed back so much by sentry guns. It would also be balanced in that the heavy doesn't recieve any HP nerf but isn't too uber since they'll deal less damage making them less of a direct threat in a head on fight.

or

Have the slow down effect work on the same principle as the burning effect like the pyro can inflict but maintain the damage reduction because this would definately make the slow down effect all the more useful. Just like a pyro can burn someone and cause damage even if they run away you can slow a target down even if you move onto another target. Very handy if you have people running to a control point or just running away from you around a corner, gives the heavy and his slow movement speed a little advantage to chase after targets.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xxNBxx
    Hamz said:
    "I haven't got much love for the heavy class in TF2 to be perfectly honest. The new weapons seem rather disappointing in my opinion. Natascha just isn't that good compared to old faithfull Sascha. The ability to slow an enemy down is negated by the fact the heavy is shit slow anyway and the reduced damage from the new gun is a big turn off. Most classes can stil outrun the heavy even when they have been slowed down and the reduced damage means they have a better chance of survival.

I'd have preferred if Valve did the following bonuses for Natascha...

Boost the movement speed of the heavy so that its equal to the other classes, except the scout, but maintain the reduced damage that Natascha currently has. This would atleast allow the class to move around maps quicker and have a more "assault" style of play to them. Rushing at enemy control points or sentries with more speed, and plus when ubered they wouldn't be pushed back so much by sentry guns. It would also be balanced in that the heavy doesn't recieve any HP nerf but isn't too uber since they'll deal less damage making them less of a direct threat in a head on fight.

or

Have the slow down effect work on the same principle as the burning effect like the pyro can inflict but maintain the damage reduction because this would definately make the slow down effect all the more useful. Just like a pyro can burn someone and cause damage even if they run away you can slow a target down even if you move onto another target. Very handy if you have people running to a control point or just running away from you around a corner, gives the heavy and his slow movement speed a little advantage to chase after targets."
    The thing is Natascha isn't really helpful to the Heavy by himself, but i have found if used right you can slow down a large group of ppl long enough for your team to take them out.  Really the only problem everyone is having with the heavy steem from ppl not wanting to help their team but help themselves.  In truth Valve should have known this about their players. 

Valve should have done something like Hamz said.   

I wouldn't make the heavy move faster then the soldier though  and if i gave him a speed boost i would also see about making Natascha look smaller.  leave the sound the way it is though.
    Avatar image for communistsquirrel
    CommunistSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its just like the Kritzkrieg and Backburner, in that it has a specialized use. I only use the Kritzkrieg on maps where I'm on defense for example (no invuln = death on offense). I only use the Backburner on maps where i know i can get behind my enemies (gravelpit, well, etc, but defeinitely NOT Goldrush / Badwater, 2fort and some others), so yeah use Natacsha on maps where your enemy will be in crowds and you are playing defense. Nobody mentioned that using Natacsha vs sentries and vs other heavies is not such a great idea, but it should be said that it is a VERY BAD idea. I find its best used against scouts (achievement, yay), pyros and spies.

Sandvich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sandvich
    RyeBread said:
    "It all depends on the map. I like it on Warpath"
    I completely agree with this.
    Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Derios

It's not too bad.

Fiziks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fiziks

Valve's intention for the Class unlocks were not to power up the classes, but to provide them with a little more utility. Two medic's with mediguns? Well then grab your Kritzkrieg and pair up. You'd be surprised at how good a Kruber'd Demoman is. Two Sasha wielding Heavies? Grab Natascha so you can line 'em up while they knock 'em down. 

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Demilich

2 Medics with the Medigun and Ubersaw can stay Uber'd for a very long time.

Fact is "Quite simply the slowing people down feature isn't useful.'''

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By calf_exercises

yep

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

I have yet to unlock Natascha, though it seems a lot of people in the servers I play in decide to use it..I haven't even pay attention to when I gslowed by it yet so I can't judge..I definitely do  notice the dmg decrease though when someone is firing at me.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Demilich

People are using it because it's relatively new.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Pibo47
    xruntime said:
    "There are few maps its useful on...if any...

One time I got screwed over by Natasha is in the sewer tunnel in 2fort, the heavy was shooting, i was trying to get away, but I was too slow."
    2fort is a great map for natasha.
    _blank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _blank

on arena is pretty damn annoying. Normal games like dustbowl the normal is good, just on maps where there is small areas like 2fort or arena maps where running is always important is usually help full. Ive been screwed over more than enough times thanks to natasha

rammaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rammaster

Natascha does not suck!!!!! You just have to now when to use it. If ur the kind of Heavy that wants to be all in front of the enemies face then Sasha is the gun for u. If ur more like a Heavy that waits around the corner or do suprise attacks then Natascha is the gun for u. I usually equip Natacha.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By xruntime

Heavies aren't really a good class to do surprise attacks because they're the most conspicuous and slow. 

Natasha's speed feature is mostly useless, man. It's the default weapon fo shizzle

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.