Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Fortress 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The long-awaited sequel to the class-based first-person shooter Team Fortress Classic sports a unique cartoony visual style, more accessible gameplay, and a very large amount of updates and new features since its original release.

Scout Update Next Week: 1st new weapon revealed

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By mracoon

It's all here.

The first new weapon:

THE SANDMAN

You Scouts are gonna love this highly collectible bat that smacks baseballs at the other team, stunning the living crap outta anybody dumb, slow, drunk, mute or Australian enough to get in the way. The farther the ball flies before ricocheting offa some chucklehead's skull, the longer he's gonna be stunned. And guys who think they're tough because they're invulnerable? It works on them too. Now the bad news: You can't double jump when you're carrying this little beauty. On the other hand, double jumping never put anybody in a coma.
    C. Get in there and take some cheap shots! You deserve it. So does he. Batter SWING!
    B. Now laugh at the guy because he ain’t doin’ nothin for a while but gettin’ beat on.
    A. Hit a guy with the ball to stun him. The farther the ball travels, the longer he’s gonna be out.

New Maps:

ARENA_WATCHTOWER

An Arena map that plays unlike any of Valve’s Arena maps, with a heavy focus on vertical space and long, open sight lines. Control of the central building is a key decision that teams must wrestle over. More Sniper friendly than most Arena maps, it’s a perfect complement to the Scout update. Batter up!

CP_JUNCTION

A Gravel-Pit style map that the community has been heckling us to include for months. Junction is a sharp contrast to Watchtower. It’s full of tight spaces and short sight lines, which create combat opportunities dominated by ambushes and explosive weaponry.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

This is awesome.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mracoon
    Karmum said:
    "This is awesome.
    "
    I know. I couldn't think of any new weapon that would work with The Scout but trust Valve to come up with something that makes perfect sense.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

I'm curious to know what the ammo ratio for balls is and how long the stun effect lasts. I can imagine a lot of griefing from ubered players if they get stunned for 4 or 5 seconds when an Uber lasts around 10?

Either way thats a fucking kickass update for the Scout. Lots of people suggested similar things and this has great potential. Wonder if it will work on sentry guns?

tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tovan

I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up double jumping for a stun, I can see it's uses though.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit

wow that looks nice

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mracoon

Updated the original post for Wednesday's update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.