Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Anyone Else Hate Ipecac? Haha.

HJTenchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HJTenchi

The few times I have picked up Ipecac I always blow myself up! Haha. I love the item's potential, but I am just bad with being patient with it. Haha.

Cheers!

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sayishere

Its REAL bad with my reflection, REAL BAD.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I hate that item so much, it's one of the few I actively avoid. I think every time I've gotten it I've done more damage to myself than enemies did to me.

Jokers_Wild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Jokers_Wild

I love it. It's a high risk, high reward weapon

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kierkegaard

@Jokers_Wild said:

I think that's how I feel. I got the furthest in the game that I had (maybe even beat Mom's foot for the first time and only time?) with my bomb vomit. The mistake I made was picking up a range upgrade that made hitting with the bombs a real pain.

tedg8305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ipecac is invariably a terrible item to pick up. It's not even necessarily a matter of blowing yourself up. There are many rooms that come up that are actually impossible to clear with it. Gazing globins (the faster, regenerating zombies) cannot be hit with it because they trail too close, even with multiple "speed up"s. Also, rooms with tons of flies (without skatole) or tons of spiders. Mulliboom can't be hit either. I realize that you can blow up the doors and leave these rooms, but in many you'll still take damage first and sometimes you have to go through those rooms to get to a boss or treasure room. Seriously, fuck this item.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the best! You can farm secret rooms really easily, your damage is super high, it's great. Yes, you're pretty much open to most attacks, but as has been said:

tedg8305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tedg8305

@rpgee: No. It cannot be great if there are literally rooms/monsters that cannot be beat with it. I would rather receive a health down pill than ipecac or Dr. Fetus.

It is a high risk, imminent death weapon.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rpgee

@tedg8305: But that's the best part! There's something fun about running around, essentially going close-quarters with a rocket launcher, and eventually pulling through. Maybe I just got lucky, but I found it was fantastic, especially in later levels where explosives are much more effective than regular shots, such as with knights.

Regardless, to each their own. I will still take a My Little Unicorn over Ipecac every time.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm pretty certain in a couple of hundred hours of play I have only seen it twice. I think it got me through one of those challenges.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred said:

I'm pretty certain in a couple of hundred hours of play I have only seen it twice. I think it got me through one of those challenges.

For context, when Wrath of the Lamb first came out, the item drops were crazy skewed so that like 95% of items dropped were new items from the expansion. I forget whether it was intentional or not.

I can't tell you how many times I picked up Ipecac, 3 dollar bill, Technology 2, Speedball, etc., in the first week or so after Wrath of the Lamb launched. It was nuts, but also kind of sucked because there are some pretty useful items in the original item pool.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.