Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Don't Know how to Delete Blog Entries

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By mixedupzombies

deleted

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot
    @MixedUpzombies said:

f

Q: How do Bosses play out in the rogue like dungeons? Are you able to see different bosses or variations on them in different playthroughs?

Bosses were something I felt were lacking in the 1month beta, we only had 6 total and they were always the same boss per level. Currently there are 21 bosses, and each of those bosses has a set of randomizes attacks and also has the chance of slightly randomized stats and AI. On top of that each of the 21 bosses has 4-6 room alternatives that force the player to take on the bosses differently.

There is even a very small chance that the boss you face will be “special” with mutated stats and drop rare and special items and pickups on top of the normally dropped boss items that are also randomized on top of all this.

The goal of the game is to keep things always fresh, your 1st 10+ play throughs there’s a very good chance you will only have seen half of the bosses in the game or less, more bosses unlock as you progress, more levels unlock, more items unlock and the game becomes more challenging the better and more often you play.

That is... Awesome. Seriously. Also, FUCK RATING SYSTEMS! 

EDIT: Oh, and thank you. I really loved this interview.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By I_smell

This is cool. I like the idea that it's a Flash game, so they could really easily release a viral demo. I hope that works out well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.