Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

A third-person, squad-based, tactical game that recounts humanity's first contact with aliens during the Cold War in the 1960s, and the subsequent founding of the XCOM organization.

Frame rate issues?

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a 660 GTX ti and can run Battlefield 3 maxed @1920x1080 no problem. But this game is giving my computer a run for it's money, 30-40 frames in smaller areas. Doesn't seem overly graphically intense. I launched in Direct x 11 mode, I might just try the normal mode, see what happens.

Finscher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Running into the same issues here. Had some trouble in the base until I turned off cloth PhysX, but the first combat encounter in the first post-introduction section is a slideshow no matter how low I set everything. ATI HD7870.

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah @warxsnake posted about Screen Space Reflections, going to try the non DX11 version later just to play it. I knew something was up, no way I couldn't run this thing at max, especially in smaller rooms etc.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Proc: Intel i7-3770k 3.5 Ghz

Video Card: Asus GTX 670 DirectCu II 2 GB

Ram: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X 4GB

And the game is running rather badly for me as well. I started playing with all the phys X stuff off, the AA down to nothing/off, and not in the DX11 mode and it became bearable. Sadly it's still not as smooth as it should be given the system I'm on and what's on the screen. Most noticeably when shit hits the fan in a fight it slows down. It seems to me like the parts of the base with all the particle effects -like the science lab with all the test chambers- is where I take the worst hit in framerate.

Just got done watching the Sony livestream thing and was greeted with a 250MB patch when I fired Steam back up. So here's hoping it will address some of the performance issues.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravelle

I'm on a 570 with 8 gig of RAM on a i5 3,5Ghz quadcore and the fraterates are horrible, even though it's set to 60 or 120 in the menu. It's unplayable at the moment, I hope someone has a fix for it.

Found the culprit: The game had Anisotropic on by default, it runs a lot better with it disabled.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It really is too bad about that framerate. A few more months of optimization might've helped, but unfortunately they probably weren't in a position to delay it again.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

the DX11 version of the game is simply busted, everything from sound and graphics issues right down to save games going missing. DX9 version runs like a dream even on my slightly older 6770 and AMD fx 6100.the only hitches i get are when the game saves at checkpoints and they are brief and generally unobtrusive as they happen outside of combat and infrequently.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You try these suggestions? http://steamcommunity.com/app/65930/discussions/0/846962439208566605/

I can't confirm anything since i don't have the game

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Forkstik

Having the exact same problem, currently running the game with DX11 turn on and framerate frequently drops below 30.

My setup:

GTX Titan 6gb

i7 -4770 3.5ghz

8gb ram

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By winsord

With Screen Space Reflections off, PhysX options off, and playing the DX11 version of the game on a 7870, I'm getting 60FPS without it dropping lower than 57/58. If you're having framerate issues, definitely make sure to try turning PhysX and SSR off, as they're probably going to be the biggest proponents for variable framerate (also probably should make sure it didn't default you to 16x AA like it did for me). Odd that having the same card as @finscher my framerate could be so much higher, unless he's doing what Brad did in the Quick Look and toggling everything but SSR.

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@winsord said:

With Screen Space Reflections off, PhysX options off, and playing the DX11 version of the game on a 7870, I'm getting 60FPS without it dropping lower than 57/58. If you're having framerate issues, definitely make sure to try turning PhysX and SSR off

This is working for me - I'm on a 570 and it's running fine in DX11. My bigger complaint is that in addition to the Steam overlay not working in DX11, every screenshot I take is just a blank screen:(

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so just an update, I finally picked up this game again, let it have some patch breathing room. I was still having performance issues and after playing around it turns out with everything maxed except shadows on medium and SSR OFF, everything now runs like a dream.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phyrlord said:

I have a 660 GTX ti and can run Battlefield 3 maxed @1920x1080 no problem. But this game is giving my computer a run for it's money, 30-40 frames in smaller areas. Doesn't seem overly graphically intense. I launched in Direct x 11 mode, I might just try the normal mode, see what happens.

Seems like this is a issue for several players, if not all. Game is a technical mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.