Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Crew

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

A single-player and cooperative driving game that takes place throughout the United States, developed by Ivory Tower.

Don't Expect Any Early Reviews For The Crew

• 158 results
    JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#151  Edited By JBG4

They have not learned a single thing from the whole AC:Unity embargo debacle.

nothingreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By nothingreal

" There will be absolutely no embargo on any type of coverage once the game is available for sale."

Wow that's generous of them.. so once it's available they won't try to enforce an embargo agreement? LOL

Alwaysrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I usually enjoy shitting on Ubisoft for their storied resume of bullshit excuses but not in this case. Wanting reviewers to experience a fully populated world before rendering their opinions seems a logical and reasonable request. A non-issue on a slow news days methinks.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Onion-Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really looking forward to this, but after buying unity I'm sketch on them now. Also I've been playing nothing but gta online then went into the beta right after for this aaaaand gta feels and looks better from a driving perspective. Car details and interior, the handling, the damage models and weight of feel. I was really looking forward to this game, but I might just throw it on gamefly. Rough times for Ubisoft hope they pull through and learn from their mistakes. Don't bite off more then you can chew

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

@aurahack said:

That's okay, I only had to play the beta to know I didn't want to drive cars that handle like they have three tonnes of lead weights in their trunks.

Yeah i was in the alpha on pc and beta on ps4, its just not that great a game, the ambition is there but the story and gameplay cant match it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Let's be honest, Ubisoft: your ambition has bitten off more than it can chew. Don't get me wrong. The ideas that you had for games like Watch Dogs, The Crew, Unity, Far Cry 4... They all sounded fucking awesome, like the leap in games that we are wanting to have occur. Unfortunately, you are trying to churn it out too fucking soon and it's arriving busted, broken, and boring. The only honest hope that I have coming from you at this point is the new Rainbow Six game.

Ubisoft really needs to tone the shit down, get back on track to making solid releases that prove they can be a strong publisher, and maybe reassess where their strong suits are located rather than just trying to be another EA or Activision.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Earthen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

Lol, based on Jeff's initial "it's decent" review on Driveclub, then shitting on it because of online-related issues at launch...Ubisoft might be hurting themselves here, lol.

@humanity - Lots of people wanted the free preorder bonuses, and the embargo was set AFTER launch, so they had to take a gamble. They lost that gamble, obviously.

Hopefully the Crew is 100% awesome. Ubisoft doesn't need a 2nd broken game in 1 season.

I seem to remember Jeff's driveclub review being "the driving sucks which is sad" and the quicklook saying "I wish the driving were better" and then the servers exploded and he just kinda shrugged. So I don't think he said it was decent at all, especially for a release title racing game.

ebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is great, at least this one online game will HAVE to work at launch, unlike all those others, reviewed before launch, ended up not really functional for the public.

Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really torn on the game. I played the closed beta on PS4 and, like everyone else, was pretty turned off by the driving early on. Later though, whether it was because I changed to cockpit view, got used to it, or my cars/upgrades improved enough, I quite enjoyed the driving.

It was all a bit ordinary though until I started driving to other cities to see what they were like and what cars the dealer had. The most fun I had though happened when I noticed another person just sitting outside Salt Lake City on the world map, so I drove to them and they were sitting at the top of a ski jump. So we both revved our engines for a while and ended up bombing down it at the same time and doing it a few times. Then we just drove around for a while-no talking, just driving and seeing the sites. It was really, really fun and is what I think Ubisoft is hoping to happen to the reviewers (these emergent moments), but I don't know if these would be common enough or fun enough to warrant the purchase.

All that said, I booted up the open beta last week and couldn't get myself up to play the beginning of the game again nor have I pre-ordered it. Ubisoft (and the industry as a whole) has definitely thrown consumer good will down the drain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.