Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Crew

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

A single-player and cooperative driving game that takes place throughout the United States, developed by Ivory Tower.

Well, I got The Crew

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

And I gotta say I'm enjoying it so far. I was part of the group that also liked Test Drive Unlimited so that may say something. I think the idea behind an open world game that has random people playing with you is really cool. I played seamlessly with other people for about an hour or so and am having a good time so far. Constantly leveling up and being able to upgrade so far is a nice difference for a driving game like this. It is also pretty good to play while listening to the bombcast, as I played through Need For Speed Rivals while listening to it too.

Anyone else like this game too or will this just fly under the radar as just an OK game?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i dunno for me Forza Horizon 2 is totally scratching that TDU itch for me, though i know that isn't an option for many.

i've liked what i've seen of this game but the premise just seems so dumb/ludicrous to me that it's kinda hard to see around that. well i guess an eastern european car rave is pretty dumb too, but w/e.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: The story behind the game is pretty dumb. If they just made it to were you gotta build up a crew and take over another really big crew I would be more into it, but I like driving around and exploring.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Moved to The Crew forum...please try to remember to use the game specific forums when you are creating new topics. Thanks.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does the driving feel? Is it a little bit realistic or totally arcade-NFS style? I found for example that Test Drive felt arcadey but not to the same extent as a NFS game, is it like that? Just trying to get a handle on what kind of racing game it is. I've been playing mostly sims since I bought a wheel and would love a change of pace, but I don't want something too "casual" either.

Thanks!

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikkaq: If you really like NFS then you may not like this. It feels arcade-y but kinda loose at times. I got really used to it after the time I spent with it so I like it more now. The physics feel bad at times as there was a time when I hit a car and I ended up flying away. Not sure why.

Polekat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked that first need for speed most wanted and it's campy street racing story and making cars look really dumb, does this game have that.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I almost picked it up last night, but I got dragon age instead. I was worried the game would be broken on launch because its Ubisoft. I didn't like Watchdogs either, so no more buying without a review from Ubi for me. I've been having trouble with newer games because a lot are requiring you to know multiple people that have the game as well and can play together. Destiny was like this and now The Crew. Gamespot put out a review in progress and said the missions are really hard without people playing with you. They talk of rubber banding too. Such a shame.

killer2m8o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By killer2m8o

I was a huge fan of TDU, and then pretty disappointed in TDU2. TDU2 added a checklist of stuff I was happy to see added to TDU, like weather, damage, day/night, etc., but then it effed up the game by packaging the events up in those stupid "cups" and having a relatively crappy car selection.

I was really looking forward to the Horizon games, thinking the Horizon team could execute the TDU concept at a higher level. But Horizon 1 was more like a huge walled in track than an open world, and Horizon 2 still didn't even bother to try fitting the persistent multiplayer in there. I mean, drivatars? Seriously?

I'm keeping an eye on The Crew, but I expect it to be both great and disappointing. I'm already looking forward to Horizon 3 and The Crew 2 - won't somebody just please do it up right at some point? All the pieces are there (and story isn't one of them, who cares as long as it doesn't get in the way), but still nobody has put the pieces together.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kaos_cracker: Have you mainly been doing events and races with other people, or solo? I am really concerned about the reports of rubber-banding and AI difficulty almost punishing people who wish to primarily play this thing solo.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kaos_cracker

@whitegreyblack: I haven't seen any rubber banding A.I. so far. They make it so that you need to be a certain car level for events though. For the few hours I played I did about an hour of coop and the A.I. seemed the same.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I am part of the group that wanted to like Test Drive Unlimited but couldn't get past how bad it was.

ALSO HOW HAVE ANY OF YOU NOT PLAYED THE CREW YET THERE WER LIKE 50 BETAS!!!

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By ProfessorEss

@ripelivejam said:

i dunno for me Forza Horizon 2 is totally scratching that TDU itch for me, though i know that isn't an option for many.

As someone who likes open arcade racing enough to want a new one but not enough to buy a new console for I'm very curious to see how The Crew pans out.

I keep telling myself "Now that Burnout Paradise is done as done, you could always go back and beat Most Wanted" but... y'know.

Niceguydan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too got the Crew and am thoroughly enjoying it.

One thing I see a lot of people talking about is the feel of the cars.

It's a gear-driven(EH EH?) game. The cars will feel better when you level them up. They will perform better as well. I don't think this game is comparable with something like Forza Horizon 2 or Burnout because the cars don't feel that great at the start. It's not a whole lot different than a freshly made MMO character feeling weak and just kind of bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.