Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Confirmed: You can be too weak for an area; Killing people = lulz

• 60 results
    bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By bioblood22
    @Storms:  

I don't need kids in games to be kill-able to feel immersion, nor do I lose any from them not being kill-able. That's just me, not saying you have to feel the same. I just don't see how it adds or takes anything away as I couldn't careless that kids are even in it. I just normally ignore them.
    bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By bioblood22
    @CaLe:  

Not sure if that question is rhetorical or what but w.e. I know it's a game, I get that but I have a 10 year old nephew who I look after a lot love that kid like a son so I can't cross that even if it's just a game. 
    bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By bioblood22
    @CaLe:  

No lol, just saying to me it's something I don't like to do, even if it's a game. It just strikes a nerve for me, is all.
    Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Storms
    @SeriouslyNow: Fantastical setting =/= fantastical everything else. TES series obviously goes for realism and uses it to tie you to an otherwise unrealistic world. It's why they have encumbrance (among other reasons), it's why you can eat and cook, cut down trees, catch fish, level skills by using them, sleep; and why they have NPC schedules, etc. They don't implement it all perfectly but it's a huge part of the series. 

P.S. why are people always on about this "infinite dragons" thing? Yes, if you play for a literally infinite amount of time, you will encounter infinite dragons. If you play for 300 hours, you may encounter 8.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Storms said:

@SeriouslyNow: Fantastical setting =/= fantastical everything else. TES series obviously goes for realism and uses it to tie you to an otherwise unrealistic world. It's why they have encumbrance (among other reasons), it's why you can eat and cook, cut down trees, catch fish, level skills by using them, sleep; and why they have NPC schedules, etc. They don't implement it all perfectly but it's a huge part of the series. P.S. why are people always on about this "infinite dragons" thing? Yes, if you play for a literally infinite amount of time, you will encounter infinite dragons. If you play for 300 hours, you may encounter 8.

Things having weight isn't the same as children being able to be killed. One reflects the nature of reality wrt to basic physics while the other reflects a desire which most people wouldn't consider normal or healthy. If the lack child deaths in a game breaks immersion for you then keep the fuck away from me, thanks.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Storms
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Storms said:

@SeriouslyNow: Fantastical setting =/= fantastical everything else. TES series obviously goes for realism and uses it to tie you to an otherwise unrealistic world. It's why they have encumbrance (among other reasons), it's why you can eat and cook, cut down trees, catch fish, level skills by using them, sleep; and why they have NPC schedules, etc. They don't implement it all perfectly but it's a huge part of the series. P.S. why are people always on about this "infinite dragons" thing? Yes, if you play for a literally infinite amount of time, you will encounter infinite dragons. If you play for 300 hours, you may encounter 8.

Things having weight isn't the same as children being able to be killed. One reflects the nature of reality wrt to basic physics while the other reflects a desire which most people wouldn't consider normal or healthy. If the lack child deaths in a game breaks immersion for you then keep the fuck away from me, thanks.

If the lack of wolf, NPC and minotaur deaths breaks immersion for you, then stay the f--- away from me, puppy-killer (a desire which most people wouldn't consider normal or healthy). /sarc

If wanting kill-able children in an RPG means you want to kill children IRL, does that mean wanting kill-able adults in an RPG means that same thing? Why not? I think you should call the police on all of us, then. Yourself included, killer. 

Sorry, but the link between video game violence and actually wanting to kill people has been disproven for a while now: 

You can tell the police false alarm now.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Storms:What a shitty and moronic straw-man! Congrats. The adults of TES fight, plot against, murder and rob from eachother, regardless of race, the children do not. As one of these adult characters I will happily engage in that kind of bloodsheed and mayhem. I will even hunt and kill innocent beasts to feed myself, skin them and otherwise turn them into a resource from which I can profit. I will do all of this because those activities make sense in that world. Killing babies doesn't make sense in that world and denying you the right to kill them shouldn't break the immersion. If it does you have a really fucked up sense of what you need to enjoy a reality created by someone else.

Drugrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Drugrabbit

@Tebbit:

Actually Bethesda Didn´t make Fallout. at all Interplay Maked fallout 1, fallout 2, Fallout brother hood of steel something, So on all bethesdas Games you can´t kill Children. I know this is a bump i just joined cuz i wanted to post this i am sorry if i disturbed/bumping

lando1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lando1

@Adamsons said:

@indus said:

Allowing child killing in your game bumps your ESRB rating from 'Mature' to 'WE DUN LIKE YER KIND 'ROUND HERR'

Oh man, water everywhere.

I just lol'd

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By tebbit
    @Drugrabbit Don't worry, so long as its a good response, it doesn't matter that you're bumping an old thread :) I forget if the interplay fallouts had children in them, but they were a very different experience for sure!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.