Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Favorite Guild? (Excluding Dark Brotherhood)

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

As the title of the thread asks, what's your favorite guild?

Out of the three I've done, I really liked the Thieves Guild, but I also found the Bards Collage weirdly awesome and I liked the Companies but hate that you had to beat random woman.

Marlowefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Marlowefire

Why excluding DB? That's my fav

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CptChiken
    @Marlowefire said:
    because Dark Brotherhood will be everyones favourite because it IS the best. 
    frenchdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By frenchdork

Actually I didnt find the Dark Brotherhood storyline that great... it was pretty tame compared to the one in Oblivion. I did enjoy the Thieves Guild storyline a lot more and it has cooler equipment at the end so Thieves Guild for me.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scotto

I murdered the entire dark brotherhood in their own sanctuary, starting with Astrid, when she drugs you and takes you to that shack.

Companions are my favourite.

- Scott

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

I actually enjoyed the Companions a lot.
    Due to their afterlife dilema.
    It felt quite natural and was actually fun to go through. I excpected a lot of cliche stuff but was pleasantly surprised.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

The reveal early on in the companions quest line is still wanna of the coolest things that's happened to me. I haven't touched the thieves guild yet though, need to get to that.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By galiant
    @Scotto

I murdered the entire dark brotherhood in their own sanctuary, starting with Astrid, when she drugs you and takes you to that shack.

- Scott

Hi,

You do know your name is right above your post, right?

Best regards,
    Galiant
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

I wasn't a big fan of the companion plotline, but that's mainly because my character is a mage-type, so the whole glory in battle thing doesn't apply to him as much. I'm very early in the thieves' guild, and so far it seems to lack the fun Robin Hood vibe of Oblivion, and instead you just kinda have to be a jerk. College of Winterhold is pretty great, though.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Thieves Guild

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By countinhallways

@Galiant said:

@Scotto

- Scott

Hi, You do know your name is right above your post, right? Best regards, Galiant

From the desk of countinhallways

24/11/2011

Dear Galiant and Scotto,

I am writing to you today to express my delight at this new form of forum posting you have concocted.

I have recently noticed a worrying lack of formality and politeness in modern games discussion threads. I feel very strongly that this new method of communication will do a great deal to alleviate this issue. You both have my utmost gratitiude for taking this stand and I fully support you in both this, and any future ventures you undertake.

Thank you once again, and may the road rise up to meet you on your trailblazing journey.

With much love and kisses,

countinhallways

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

I don't see why the Dark Brotherhood should be excluded.  It was exceptional in Oblivion, but not so in Skyrim.

I haven't done the Thieves Guild, Civil War, or Bards College yet, but I really liked the Companions questline.  I wish the final battle was a bit more dramatic though.  I thought it was lacking in presentation.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cornman89

Thieves' Guild. The honey farm heist was fun.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @CptChiken said:
    @Marlowefire said:
    because Dark Brotherhood will be everyones favourite because it IS the best. 
    Yep.
    Anyway I love the Companions for their sense of solidarity and honor, Kodlak Whitemane was a really cool duder.
    On the other hand Thieves Guild has Brynjolf and they have some very good quests. 
    Finally being a mage is really cool, but the Collage of Winterhold questline sucked. So I'm gonna say Companions.
    Brazooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Brazooka

Right...

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GiveUpNed

Thieves guild > Dark Brotherhood. The Thieves guild was richer, more interesting and more fun to play.

Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sporkbane

Haven't done the DB one yet, but so far the thieves guild has been pretty fun. Although during the honey bee burning I just killed everyone there :P. Didn't get penalized either.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fetchfox

Hm, tough question. I think I liked the companions the best. Exiting and you had a purpose throughout, especially when killing those fucking silver hands... yes I motherfucking wiped them out.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By Atlas

Man, I've played 82 hours of Skyrim and have barely done anything of the questlines. I only just signed up with the Imperial Legion, I've done a few quests for the Bard's College, and I'm done a couple of early Companions quests. I've never ever seen the Mage's College, and I have had no contact with the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood.

Oh well, plenty to look forward to, I guess.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ClaritySam

@Sporkbane said:

Haven't done the DB one yet, but so far the thieves guild has been pretty fun. Although during the honey bee burning I just killed everyone there :P. Didn't get penalized either.

This makes me sad, I snuck in and out without being seen, but when I returned to the Ragged Flagon Brynjolf refused to pay me because I burnt four hives instead of three :-(

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zidane_24

Thieves Guild > DB

I also enjoyed the Stormcloak side of the civil war.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nux

I really liked the Mage's College.The story was pretty good and you get some really good stuff at the end of the quest line. I still use the mask and robes you get form it.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By phampire

I really liked the mage college which was an obvious choice for my full-mage to complete, it was pretty fun and you end up with some spiffy unique mage loot.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#24  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Honestly, it's only at the end when the Dark Brotherhood starts resembling the pretty awesome conditional scenarios of Oblivion that it starts getting good, and by then its practically over anyways. If I have one complaint about them and every other guild is that they're all over far quicker than I'd like. Is it implied that I should be doing all the procedurally generated stuff in between the structured missions? Is that really how they excuse how each guild is only a few missions long?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Subjugation

@ClaritySam said:

@Sporkbane said:

This makes me sad, I snuck in and out without being seen, but when I returned to the Ragged Flagon Brynjolf refused to pay me because I burnt four hives instead of three :-(

This is exactly what I did. I still don't have any idea how I burned extra hives. Pretty big bummer after busting your balls to be so stealthy.

Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sporkbane

@Subjugation said:

@ClaritySam said:

@Sporkbane said:

This is exactly what I did. I still don't have any idea how I burned extra hives. Pretty big bummer after busting your balls to be so stealthy.

Lol really? I used effing fireball on those beehives and only lit up three. Maybe the quest is bugged. Curse you Bethesda and your open world!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MikkaQ

Companions was fun.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

I thought the Dark Brotherhood was really good. Why the anti-Dark Brotherhood vibe here?

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Philantrophy

@Kung_Fu_Viking said:

I thought the Dark Brotherhood was really good. Why the anti-Dark Brotherhood vibe here?

Honestly I think the DB questline in Skyrim was lackluster compared to the general goodness in Oblivion. The DB mission where you had to kill the guests in the locked house in Oblivion was amazing.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

@Philantrophy: Ah, I've never played Oblivion (Or Morrowind for that matter) so I have nothing to compare it to.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mpgeist

I had a lot of fun with the Companions. Just starting the Thieves Guild tho...

-mpgeist

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.