Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

What will YOU mod?

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adamsons

Judging from the footage and information we have so far, what is it about Skyrim that you would like to change?

Personally, I would like to add the weight and value of items onto the inventory UI and to move the compass and resource bars into a corner of the hud (Like the Morrowind / Oblivion HUD.)

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I find modding heavily in these games makes me not finish them, so if I mod anything it will be infinite inventory so I don't have to worry about being over-encumbered, as that's just a silly annoyance that has no gameplay value to me.

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DaemonBlack

I won't mod for the first three months after playing. I want to see the vast majority of the game the way the developers intend me to before I start deciding what I don't like or think should be in there.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

@xobballox said:

I find modding heavily in these games makes me not finish them, so if I mod anything it will be infinite inventory so I don't have to worry about being over-encumbered, as that's just a silly annoyance that has no gameplay value to me.

Probably a mod like that plus some of those inevitable mods that add a gorgeous mountain villa to the game or something. Plus extra quests of course.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Make my character not ugly.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By dagas

@Mr_Skeleton said:

It wouldn't be a Bethesda game anymore then =P

I'll be playing on 360 so I'm not going to be able to mod, but the single most important mod for Oblivion was Natural Environments. I can't play the game without it anymore since it just looks so dull, like there is a gray filter on.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Christoffer

Nude mod, of course.

No, seriously. The game looks fine so far. I usually wont get into modding until after I've played a great deal. And then it's usually stuff to make it harder or more varied.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karkarov

Maybe a ui mod just to move hud elements around and that is about it. I can't see this game needing 75% or more of the mods that were made for oblivion. The graphics are already excellent, the weather systems are already well done, the inventory system/character stat sheets are awesome, etc etc. Never enough "good" quest mods or location add on's though so people can do those all day long.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

No fast-travel mod. Walking is hardcore!

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theguy

@xobballox said:

I don't understand why people hate encumbrance, its supposed to balance heavier armour and weapons. Also surely being able to pick up everything you see and sell it would unbalance how much money you should have?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By penguindust

Who knows, we'll have to see what the community develops but I know what I'll look forward to...better bouncin' boobs. Aw, yeah.

Anyway, probably armor and clothing as well as whatever skins are need to make my character as well as everyone else in the world not look they were beaten with a shovel as a child. Oh and probably a free floating camera mod so I can take better snapshots.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mak_wikus

Judging from my past with Oblivion and other Gamebryo games, I'll probably get some graphics and HUD mods. I wonder how Bethesda feels when the community improves their games(which were years in the making) two weeks after release.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By A Likely Story

I will change anything and everything I can about the UI and HUD.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By matthias2437

I don't think I will do much modding on this one. I only modded oblivion a few years after it came out with Texture mods, weather effects, stuff like that. Doesn't look like Skyrim is really going to need any of that at the start.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sumbog

Weapons and quests is really the only thing I usually mod, maybe creature mods and stuff.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kashif1

@theguy said:

@xobballox said:

I don't understand why people hate encumbrance, its supposed to balance heavier armour and weapons. Also surely being able to pick up everything you see and sell it would unbalance how much money you should have?

Because it feels really artificial when you get over encumbered from an single extra arrow

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JP_Russell

It's hard to say at this point, but a UI mod might be a safe bet.

I'll probably literally mod some things myself with the Creation Kit, as well, eventually. Just little stuff that I'll feel needs to be tweaked and is easy to change. In Oblivion, I tweaked all the weapons, changed a lot of item values, rebalanced some of the creatures and summons in the game... stuff like that. I'm not sure most people realize just how piss-easy it is to mod such things yourself in Bethesda's games. It's just a matter of changing numbers in text boxes.

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zyte

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for an one-hand weapon blocking mod. I usually play as a sneaky one-hand sword + bow character, but since they made it only possible to block with shields and two-hand weapons, that will be hard.

EDIT: Also this, @Ravenlight said:

No fast-travel mod. Walking is hardcore!

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JP_Russell

@Zyte said:

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for an one-hand weapon blocking mod. I usually play as a sneaky one-hand sword + bow character, but since they made it only possible to block with shields and two-hand weapons, that will be hard.

I would argue that that makes stealth even more appealing because it motivates you to adhere to your stealth principles and stay out of melee engagements whenever possible. Stealth is always more thrilling with a little risk/reward.

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zyte

@JP_Russell: Sure, I guess you could look at it that way. But if you fail and get detected, you'd either have to run or swing your sword like crazy to kill them off before you take too much damage yourself. Now, I like to be the calm, focused, master of the blade. I won't start a fight unless it's absolutely necessary - but if they come swinging at me, I'll cut them up like pigs and walk away barely touched.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By theguy

@kashif1 said:

@theguy said:

@xobballox said:

Because it feels really artificial when you get over encumbered from an single extra arrow

I suppose. Maybe after you pass the weight limit the more you carry the slower you go?

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@theguy said:

@kashif1 said:

@theguy said:

@xobballox said:

I suppose. Maybe after you pass the weight limit the more you carry the slower you go?

Different levels of over-encumbrance? That would be fairly cool for Bethesda to add in, maybe allow fast travel until heavily over encumbered?

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Entus

@theguy said:

@kashif1 said:

@theguy said:

@xobballox said:

And its much more likely for there to be a mod that adds that than for it to be in the vanilla game.

Tea_bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tea_bird

I'll probably add some hairstyles later on, but I don't I'll change any actual gameplay.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azteck

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aronman789

Realistic erections of course!

But very likely the first and only mod I'll add for a while is probably a child killing mod. I learned my lesson from Fallout.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By thatfrood

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@theguy said:

@kashif1 said:

@theguy said:

@xobballox said:

Different levels of over-encumbrance? That would be fairly cool for Bethesda to add in, maybe allow fast travel until heavily over encumbered?

It's funny, because Stalker basically had that. You could just sprint for less and less time the more encumbered, until you couldn't sprint at all, then you couldn't run at all (the default), and finally you could only go a slow walk.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By artelinarose

All of the anime hair I demand from my PC games.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By time allen

tittays

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Liber

BOOBS.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Claude

Nothing, I'll be playing the Xbox 360 version.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mmmslash

I'll mod whatever Bethesda managed to mess up. Judging from the look of the combat, that'll be a priority.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hennet_sim

First thing to mod is the over-encumbrance then I will most likely go after different hail and models.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By mikemcn

Nude Mods.

What?

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@xobballox said:

I find modding heavily in these games makes me not finish them.

Same here.

I never finish any game I mod because there is always so much new content & I ignore the base game.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By spazmaster666

Getting rid of encumbrance or greatly increasing encumbrance is the first first mod I used in Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas so I'll definitely be using that in Skyrim as well. Aside from that, I'm pretty partial to face/hair/makeup/clothing mods as well and of course weapon and armor mods. Hair especially since Oblivion had terrible hair styles (especially for female characters) by default.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DriveupLife

How can you block with a one handed weapon? It's not heavy enough to protect you in any way, it could just get knocked back and slice your neck open.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By spazmaster666

@DriveupLife said:

How can you block with a one handed weapon? It's not heavy enough to protect you in any way, it could just get knocked back and slice your neck open.

You wouldn't really "block" with a weapon anyway (whether it's one or two-handed), you would parry.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JP_Russell

@ThatFrood said:

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@theguy said:

@kashif1 said:

@theguy said:

@xobballox said:

It's funny, because Stalker basically had that. You could just sprint for less and less time the more encumbered, until you couldn't sprint at all, then you couldn't run at all (the default), and finally you could only go a slow walk.

Or, more relevantly, Morrowind made you move slower the more weighed down you were.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Divina_Rex

@JP_Russell said:

Or, more relevantly, Morrowind made you move slower the more weighed down you were.

But you couldn't run forever as default like in Oblivion, and not get knocked down. or do much damage.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Mods so I can turn my companions in to impish anime ladies with big boobs.

But really nothing at first. That is unless there's the need for a new stutter remover mod or some other performance mod.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.