Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Your wishlist of changes/improvements

• 87 results
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By sfighter21
    @BaneFireLord:   Yes, the cold mechanic is a GREAT idea.  There is NO NEED for it to be on hardcore mode.  Rad indicator is on all difficulty settings, so can this.  I mean, fundamentally, we assume Skyrim will be cold because its up north.  Also, the Nords spoke about its temp once or twice in Oblivion... But, certain areas may be colder than others, and that is when you really need to worry (like in certain caves, dungeons, or as you ascend higher into mountains).
    Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I agree except for the parts where you want to make it antiquated
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By AuthenticM

I think some of you didn't get that the "Hardcore mode" mode I suggested should be optional. It's something taken straight out of New Vegas. It isn't new. If one thinks it makes the game "antiquated"... then don't turn it on! It'll be there for those who want to. Let me reiterate what I think would be neat to see in said Hardcore Mode: 

- Hardcore Mode; disabled fast-traveling and compass arrow; hunger, thirst, fatigue and body temperature gauge

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ignor

Disable the difficulty slider and make the game as difficult as Gothic 1 and 2.

Kilnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Kilnik
    @sfighter21 said:
    " @Kilnik said:
    " @sfighter21: I think that in Oblivion you could alchemize cool looking items with properties you like. I believe I had a set of armor where I maxed out strength and put an bunch of featherlight spells on it so I could carry a ton of items.  Additionally,  I'd like to see a different set of conversation tools; something akin to Mass Effect's wheel. I enjoyed the seamless way the conversations flowed in ME 1 & 2. "
    Yes, I'm aware of that.  I recall finding a certain Robe of Aegis that, when worn, gave me a better Defense rating than a full set of glass armor, but the robe looked like absolute S*!T.  I care A LOT about the aesthetics, so I want the customization to allow me to have the gameplay benefits (defense rating, magick, combat) alongside the better clothing/visuals.  Does that make sense??  I'm trying to word this the best way I can...lol. "
    Yeah, I get you. I'm crazy for aesthetics as well.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pibo47
    @Kilnik said:
    " @sfighter21 said:
    " @Kilnik said:
    " @sfighter21: I think that in Oblivion you could alchemize cool looking items with properties you like. I believe I had a set of armor where I maxed out strength and put an bunch of featherlight spells on it so I could carry a ton of items.  Additionally,  I'd like to see a different set of conversation tools; something akin to Mass Effect's wheel. I enjoyed the seamless way the conversations flowed in ME 1 & 2. "
    Yes, I'm aware of that.  I recall finding a certain Robe of Aegis that, when worn, gave me a better Defense rating than a full set of glass armor, but the robe looked like absolute S*!T.  I care A LOT about the aesthetics, so I want the customization to allow me to have the gameplay benefits (defense rating, magick, combat) alongside the better clothing/visuals.  Does that make sense??  I'm trying to word this the best way I can...lol. "
    Yeah, I get you. I'm crazy for aesthetics as well. "
    Yeah same here, i went around in dark brotherhood robes for a while. And then i swapped around in some armors...and then i returned to dark brotherhood robes haha
    Cday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Cday

No Oblivion Gates. Nothing that resembles Oblivion Gates in any way. Seriously.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By thatfrood
    @cday130 said:
    " No Oblivion Gates. Nothing that resembles Oblivion Gates in any way. Seriously. "
    YOU HAVE TO KILL 20 "UNIQUE" DRAGONS SCATTERED ACROSS THE ENTIRETY OF SKYRIM.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Enigma777

1. No bugs (or at least a respectable amount - aka 2 or less in a single playthrough) - Seriously, I think it's about time that Bethesda invested in some QA for their games... It's beyond ridiculous!!!

2. No FPS combat - it's crappy and stupid. Ditch it! It sucks

3. No enemy level scaling - who was the idiot that thought it was a good idea?!

4. No circle of grass - self explanatory 

5. Better animations - I hope Bethesda got some new animators cause their old ones suck 

6. More voices - tired of hearing the same 3 people from all the NPC's 

7. Dragon riding - this one is just a fantasy of mine

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AuthenticM
    @Enigma777 said:
    " 2. No FPS combat - it's crappy and stupid. Ditch it! It sucks "
    Huh? You think third-person combat would be better? I think first-person view is primordial in a game such as this. Again, for the immersion.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Enigma777
    @AuthenticM said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " 2. No FPS combat - it's crappy and stupid. Ditch it! It sucks "
    Huh? You think third-person combat would be better? I think first-person view is primordial in a game such as this. Again, for the immersion. "
    First-person combat is great for projectiles but it absolutely sucks in close range fighting, so yes, I'd much rather have 3rd person combat. I have yet to play a game that made first-person melee feel fun. Even Riddick was passable at best.
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By RichardLOlson

Making it bigger is one thing.  More quests and more interactions with the NPCs.  And Multiplayer would be awesome.  Also more side quests.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AuthenticM
    @Icemael said:
    " Oblivion's combat was boring as fuck, but I don't think simplifying it is the solution. On the contrary, it needs more complexity. Give enemies guard-breaking attacks and add a dodge move that needs to be used to avoid them, add some bonus effect for blocking at the last possible moment to further discourage holding down of the block button, make enemies smarter and more aggressive, and give them group tactics that kick in when there's more than one et cetera. "
    I agree that it would be better if Bethesda found a way to make the combat more appealing and fun while avoiding dumbing it down. I just meant that should they not be able to, I'd pick Morrowind's combat over Oblivion's. While both weren't very good, at least the former wasn't as tedious and frustrating. 

I also hope they reuse the concept of the Houses in Morrowind. There needs to be three clans which the player can join, but only one per game. This was sadly absent from Oblivion; here's hoping it'll make a return in Skyrim.
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By Turtlefuzz
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    NO ADORING FAN 
    I agree with everything you said but this. 
    Every Elders Scrolls game needs an annoying wood elf.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Sin4profit said:
    " Crafting...think of it like alchemy with random objects.  Since Skyrim is just north of Bruma i wonder how much diversity we're going to see in a place that's primarily ice and snow. "
    I was thinking the same thing, but then again why not start the game with, oh I don't know, some sort of "cataclysmic" event that could possibly change up the environment. I hope it's not just running around more forests, but this time there's snow on the trees and shit.

I would like to see a more active wildlife system much like what Red Dead had going on. Imagine running around only to stop and roast a few bunnies with a fireball, only to disturb a flock of  birds in a nearby tree which then fly away, or as you make your way to a clearing in the woods (with snow) you see some deer chilling out only to notice your presence and scatter into the deeper woods. 

Immersion!
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FreakAche

I think this game needs less naturally occurring and generic fantasy stuff (wolves, bears, nymphs, zombies) and more weird creatures that are specific to the universe they're creating. Just go easy on the cliffracers this time guys.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AuthenticM
    @FreakAche said:
    " I think this game needs less naturally occurring and generic fantasy stuff (wolves, bears, nymphs, zombies) and more weird creatures that are specific to the universe they're creating. Just go easy on the cliffracers this time guys. "
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Cliffracers making a comeback. Some could have fled Morrowind to Skyrim after the volcano's eruption.
    EmptyMug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By EmptyMug

i for one would like to see more of a morrowind style enchanting system, i was quite upset when it wasent present in oblivion, being able to trap souls to then have a chance to enchant my own items to then sell for more gold then the original item was worth, or being able to cast a fireball from a magical ring rather then having to be sufficient in a particular type of school of magic to be able to cast the spell at all.

i despised the having to join the mages guild to be able to enchant anything, and then to be so restricted by what you could do with it made it barely viable as a means of creation of items as most things you could find were better.

please bring back enchanting as a magic school, where the better you get at it the less chance of failing / more charge the item will have / the faster the items recharge on there own.  more.. morrowindesq

tho i must say there are many other good posts here, this is the thing that erked me the most

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By HitmanAgent47

The combat is too simple, also change the animation, it's horrible. Ppl talks like they are robots and the graphics of course needs to be changed and it will be.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ravensword

I would like bethesda to try to launch a game that has less than 200 bugs. I would also like them to take their time on the PS3 version so, unlike fallout 3 and New vegas, it looks and runs good on PS3 since thats where im planning on playing it.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By A Likely Story

Overhaul the stealth and thievery system. No more ridiculous guards, way more thief-oriented items and quests, shop owners that can't automatically detect what items in your inventory are stolen.... 

Please, Bethesda, please. They claim there are three main classes - warriors, mages, and thieves - but the entire stealth system is so bad there really is no such thing as a true thief.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Cirdain
    @Icemael said:
    " @AuthenticM said:

" - No constant blocking; combat in Oblivion is what turned me off the most. You had to constantly guard until the enemy struck you, then you struck him, then you guard until he struck you again, and on and on and on. Ugh. Just make it so the shields add passive points to your overall defense, like any normal RPG. "

Oblivion's combat was boring as fuck, but I don't think simplifying it is the solution. On the contrary, it needs more complexity. Give enemies guard-breaking attacks and add a dodge move that needs to be used to avoid them, add some bonus effect for blocking at the last possible moment to further discourage holding down of the block button, make enemies smarter and more aggressive, and give them group tactics that kick in when there's more than one et cetera. "
    I just used some crazy enchanted bow and arrow stuff that practically slowed and drained 100%... It sort of broke all combat.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Three0neFive

As far as combat goes - hire the Zeno Clash dudes.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By KillaMaStA

better leveling system, that shit was retarded

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By pweidman

Aside from the expected better graphics, textures, models, and animations, and a more diverse set of voice actors:  

1.) More loot!  More weapon types, and armor varieties.  Random and up to super rare, codified and colored, w/sockets for rare gems to further diversify the stuff you find and can customize.  Maybe DLC for add-on varieties.

2.) Recruitable companions and/or factions w/alignment choices and effects.   

3.) Evil/Good moral choices w/implications and affects on story events, and even character appearances/gear options(key for multiple character replay). 

4.) A multiplayer mode for co-op w/friends with the ability to bring your character's stuff into a friend's game, and a trade mechanic. 2 player would be great, or up to 4, even better. 

Seriously though, I doubt ES5 will bring all that much new.  They'll play it safe, and make the game look better, and improve on the formula w/many familiar feature refinements imo.  Maybe a more realistic hope is for a better, darker, grittier, and less generic story.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ViciousReiven

They've pretty much nailed everything I wanted changed, I just hope the 'improved' third-person mode isn't total crap like every one has been since Morrowind.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Agent47
    @TheSeductiveMoose: Well uh I don't think there are going to be more Oblivion gates my friend, that was only...well in the plane of Oblivion which is gone now since the end of TESIV.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Agent47
    @Rockdalf: Some people never learn, just leave em be.

@AuthenticM: Holy shit man they are actually doing that!Were you on the development team?
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Agent47:  Since the daedric princes all have their realm in Oblivion I'm going to go ahead and guess that we're going to see it again. And even though the chances are slim I still wouldn't like to see anymore Oblivion gates.
    thePAHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By thePAHC

Making rangers/hunters viable. Allowing pets, or even like once a day pet summons (not the crap wood elf thing in Oblivion) would totally make rangers viable. In Oblivion, if you only had marksman as a damaging ability, you would get fucked over by strong melee characters. In the arena, it turned into an idiotic circling match that the ranger would normally lose. 

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ClaritySam
    @AuthenticM said:
    " - Hardcore mode; a lot of Morrowind purists like myself were put off by the mainstreaming of Oblivion........... Morrowind had intradiegetic fast travel and it was limited; one couldn't simply open the map and pick a spot where to be instantly teleported. You had to find a silt strider so it could take you to a select number of spots. It didn't take you out of the immersion................ I want Skyrim to have a hardcore mode similar to New Vegas', which disables the fast travel and the compass arrow in addition to making you eat, drink and sleep. Immersion all the way.  "
    Yes!  I agree with pretty much everything in the OP actually, just didn't wanna quote that whole wall of text :-)
    SamSharp505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SamSharp505

LET ME STAB PEOPLE WITH SWORDS FFS can't wait though, even without stabbyness like uh uh uh uh uh

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83  Edited By Turtlefuzz

1. Better facial hair. Every time I tried to make my character have a beard it looked like someone smeared dirt all over his face.
    2. Make Dark Elves sound badass again. Don't just give them that pussy Wood Elf voice again.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Alphiehyr
    My hopes is that this game meets the following:
    Upon release, it meets that year's graphic standards.
    The majority of the equipment and setting isn't too Nordish. I don't want wear helmets with fucking horns and see ugly midget people.
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By eric_buck
    @AuthenticM: Seeing as Fallout New Vegas had a hardcore mode, it's likely Skyrim will too.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By Rio

The only changes I really want:  
       -Much better animations 
       - A functional 3rd person view that doesnt look like shit.  
       - I would prefer an alternative to scaling enemy levels based on your level, but I dont have a good suggestion for that so I hope Bethesda comes up with something a little better balanced for all types of characters.

So far the recent Game Informer article talked about them improving the 3rd person view, my confidence in them has risen slightly. We shall have to wait and see.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mikey87144

The ability to delete spells would be nice. As my character got stronger a lot of the weaker spells just got in the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.