Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls

Franchise »

The Elder Scrolls is a long-running franchise of role-playing games made by Bethesda Softworks. The series is known for offering much freedom to the player and many choices of how to play.

The Physical Descriptions of the Khajiit Breeds

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XLR87T3

(This is my first thread here, I came from the wonderful Comic Vine) This is a rough estimate of the Khajiit forms' different abilities. I will start on the bipeds and later finish the rest. Enjoy!

First off, the bipedal breeds.

Dagi (-raht)

• · Height: 3’6” (4’2”)
    • · Weight: under 60 lbs ( under 80 lbs)
    • · Speed : 20 mph (25 mph)
    • · Strength/Endurance: weaker than men or mer
    • · Agility/reflexes: generally greater than most men or mer
    • Note: Although they are Khajiit, the Dagi have unusually proficient magical ability, as well as being small and skinny.

Suthay (-Raht)

• · Height: 5’3” (About 5’9”)
    • · Weight: About 120 lbs (about 150 lbs)
    • · Speed: 20 mph (25 mph)
    • · Strength/Endurance: generally weaker than most men or mer (average)
    • · Agility/reflexes: generally greater than most men or mer
    • · Note: The Elf-like Ohmes and Ohmes-raht should have the exact same physical descriptions, so they are not listed.

Cathay (-Raht) “The Jaguar-Men”

• · Height: About 6’3” (8’)
    • · Weight: Around 200 lbs (close to 500 lbs)
    • · Speed: Over 30 mph (about 50-60 mph)
    • · Strength/Endurance: Peak human (Super human)
    • · Agility/Reflexes: Peak human (Super human)
    • · Note: The Cathay-raht is has the same speed and size as a Werewolf, plus feline acrobatics & dexterity.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I read the title and thought you meant "breads." *slinks off* :/

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: So I'm guessing you have no opinions about my thread, or you just came here to troll? Sorry if I'm cranky...

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@xlr87t3 said:

@blu3v3nom07: So I'm guessing you have no opinions about my thread, or you just came here to troll? Sorry if I'm cranky...

Its called a joke. Need to be able to take em here dude. And I think you can find all this info in Elder scrolls lore and what not.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: This sounds like it'd be good for an action-figure post, or something.

And then you could honestly make like a good fan-fiction using these type of stats. I just don't know what else to say here than "The more you know."

Its just ah, this site sort of doesn't care so much about stats, but would totally comment if you made like a blog on your experiences on an Elder Scrolls game. Say how many mods you installed, and you'll get even more comments. You just gotta know your audience..

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

this is a good thread

well done everyone

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Cathay sound pretty cool. I haven't seen them in any of the games though. Were they in Arena or Redguard? They are the only ones I haven't played.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I feel like they'd make a good Naan.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycee13 said:

The Cathay sound pretty cool. I haven't seen them in any of the games though. Were they in Arena or Redguard? They are the only ones I haven't played.

I do not think they have shown up in any Elder Scrolls games yet.

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Racial stereotyping of the fictional kind.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycee13 said:

I do not think they have shown up in any Elder Scrolls games yet.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@artisanbreads: I would love a fucking good naan! You, would know..

I was thinking of more like LOTR's Lembas bread. Or a scone you could hit someone with.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wouldn't want to eat any cat bread.. I mean they have to knead that shit, imagine all the hair in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Is this reflected in the actual game, or is this just lore?

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@citizencoffeecake: Now I want to boot up Skyrim and role a Khajit baker....Lets see how long those dragons last after they've tasted my hairy bread!

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this reflected in the actual game, or is this just lore?

Both. The Suthay-raht/Ohmes-raht is supposed be the average size and build of humans, and their cousins, Suthay & Ohmes, the size of Wood Elves. Khajiit in Skyrim are taller then Bosmer, yes? And they do run faster then Altmer in-game (Altmer is the fastest race).

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't it blow anybody else's mind what fiction really is? Some US American dudes in their thirties sitting in the Bethesda offices thought up of a cat race for their roleplaying RPG, they just thought it up like I can think up a race of bear-pig species in a novel I might decide to write. And here we are just taking this made up race and turning it into a legitimate thing with physical details and a bunch of lore that was given to us by those mid-thirties US American guys. We legitimize this made up race, discuss it and consider it a part of our lives, entertainment-wise.

Fiction's legitimacy amazes me.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thousand dollar question here that no one is answering is: Would you?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XLR87T3

@jaycee13 said:

Well, the main Khajiit breed shown after Ohmes/Ohmes-raht in the early games were Suthay-raht, starting with the third game ES III: Morrowind. If the Jaguar-men were shown, everyone would be complaining why they can't play as them instead of the slow moving Nords or Orcs.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycee13 said:

Well, the main Khajiit breed shown after Ohmes/Ohmes-raht in the early games were Suthay-raht, starting with the third game ES III: Morrowind. If the Jaguar-men were shown, everyone would be complaining why they can't play as them instead of the slow moving Nords or Orcs.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GreggD

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I was hoping you'd respond to that comment. I am satisfied.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

@xlr87t3 said:

Its called a joke. Need to be able to take em here dude. And I think you can find all this info in Elder scrolls lore and what not.

Reading that page makes me really want the next Elder Scrolls game to be set in Elsweyr. Also, next-gen with no loading into different cells would be pretty sweet.

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is alarmingly close to achieving furry status.. better run fast

Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka: These are stories. People like stories, whether they are fake or real. That's why fiction is legitimate. Because people like this stuff. Yes, anyone can make a pig, bear, owl, dog man but not everyone can do it well. The "US American guys in their thirties" who make Elder Scrolls just so happen to do a pretty damn good job of it.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kylekrueger

You forgot their best attribute... Their barbed penises. Incase anyone wants a reference here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Real_Barenziah,_Part_IV.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JouselDelka

@immunity said:

@jouseldelka: These are stories. People like stories, whether they are fake or real. That's why fiction is legitimate. Because people like this stuff. Yes, anyone can make a pig, bear, owl, dog man but not everyone can do it well. The "US American guys in their thirties" who make Elder Scrolls just so happen to do a pretty damn good job of it.

And it sure is an amazing process between creator and consumer.

automatontribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: I don't want to sound negative but those stats are definitely just speculative, and do we even know if the different khajiit morphs and the lunar lattice are canon? It has never been mentioned in the games, but a lotof other stuff hasn't either I suppose.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spoonman671

@automatontribe said:

@xlr87t3: I don't want to sound negative but those stats are definitely just speculative, and do we even know if the different khajiit morphs and the lunar lattice are canon? It has never been mentioned in the games, but a lotof other stuff hasn't either I suppose.

Mixed Unit Tactics discusses a number of different kinds of Khajiit, so there is definitely some sort of acknowledgement that different sub-species exist. Apparently only human-like Khajiit tend to venture outside of Elsweyr, which is why we never see spellcasting house cats, or giant battlecat mounts in the games.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't it blow anybody else's mind what fiction really is? Some US American dudes in their thirties sitting in the Bethesda offices thought up of a cat race for their roleplaying RPG, they just thought it up like I can think up a race of bear-pig species in a novel I might decide to write. And here we are just taking this made up race and turning it into a legitimate thing with physical details and a bunch of lore that was given to us by those mid-thirties US American guys. We legitimize this made up race, discuss it and consider it a part of our lives, entertainment-wise.

Fiction's legitimacy amazes me.

earth is a work of fiction

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

You forgot their best attribute... Their barbed penises. Incase anyone wants a reference here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Real_Barenziah,_Part_IV.

Haha,

When she came to herself again she was sitting beside Therris, who was buttoning her shirt. "That hurt!" she said indignantly.

"Always does, kid. Didn't anyone ever tell you about Khajiit men? It hurts good though, now doesn't it?" Barenziah scowled at him. She was still smarting. His penis had tiny little barbs on it.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fetchfox

@xlr87t3: Where'd you get this information from? And without context I don't really see its value (beyond being somewhat interesting information). Just to add, sorta, my current char in Skyrim is a Khajiit. He's pretty cool.

No Caption Provided
    XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By XLR87T3

@fetchfox: If you look at the OP, you will see that I said "This is a rough estimate of the Khajiit forms' different abilities". I estimate their size based on lore, in-game stats, and real-life animals. For example, the Imperial Library, the so called "Lore Experts", said that the Senche-Raht is the size of a large horse. Any sane person (who actually knows how much a horse weighs) would realize that that comparison is total crap! A 7,500 pound (I think Altmer are like 150 lbs), 13+ feet long animal is a large White Rhino or Hippopotamus. This is the context: "An Imperial analysis of the Khajiit Forces. Hand guide for every Imperial soldier". Satisfied? (please don't answer)

I'm going to work on quadrupedal breeds next.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.