Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Evil Within

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

While investigating a mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos descends into a gruesome, nightmarish world. This third-person survival horror game marks the debut of Tango Gameworks, a studio headed by Resident Evil progenitor Shinji Mikami.

REmake's lead environmental CGI artist working on Zwei.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

http://projectzwei.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4

Equally as interesting, the lead CGI artist from Biohazard Rebirth's environments will be acting as lead environment artist of this project.

Very exciting! REmake's environments are jaw-dropping -- even a decade after its release, it remains one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

DIS GON BE GOOD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

When I think about it, this game must be either a sequel/reboot of something, or feature some kind of 2 player gameplay.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cincaid

Oh man oh man, this could be great. Late 2013 release. New consoles, mayhaps?

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By AssInAss

What's the artist's name?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

Interesting stuff!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

@AssInAss: Mobygames' REmake page lists Masachika Kawata as "Stage CG Lead Designer" and Naoki Katakai as "Stage CG Art Director". Not sure which one of those they mean but I'm guessing it's Katakai since he actually left Capcom with Mikami back when Clover was dissolved, while Kawata stayed. You could always ask in the linked thread.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By AssInAss

@Icemael said:

@AssInAss: Mobygames' REmake page lists Masachika Kawata as "Stage CG Lead Designer" and Naoki Katakai as "Stage CG Art Director". Not sure which one of those they mean but I'm guessing it's Katakai since he actually left Capcom with Mikami back when Clover was dissolved, while Kawata stayed. You could always ask in the linked thread.

Thanks!

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By musclerider

I had never heard of this game before so the first thing I thought of were the Falcom Zwei!! games.

BIOJECT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When I think about it, this game must be either a sequel/reboot of something, or feature some kind of 2 player gameplay.

I hope you're wrong on all points. It's neither a sequel or reboot of something. It's a completely new franchise which the survival horror industry desperately needs.

Two player gameplay is a horrible idea. It ruins the fear factor. Being alone is what makes these games scary. In addition if you were to add two player gameplay, the levels would have to be different to accomodate that. I think it would actually limit the potential. For example in the new trailer for a survival horror game called "Outlast," you see the character hide underneath a bed at one point. When he's looking around to see if the creature is gone, it suddenly appears in front of him and it's scary as hell. How would that work if you had another player? It just wouldn't be scary.

Was Resident Evil 5 scary? Nope and the levels paid a price too because they had to accomodate two players at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@bioject said:

@brodehouse said:

I hope you're wrong on all points. It's neither a sequel or reboot of something. It's a completely new franchise which the survival horror industry desperately needs.

Two player gameplay is a horrible idea.

Zwei means 'Two' in German. So, as I said, it must either have two player gameplay, or be a sequel or reboot to something (as in, the second). 'Two', get it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.