Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Grinder

Game » consists of 4 releases.

The Grinder is a 4-player survival game that is a first person shooter on the Wii and a top-down action game on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Development of this game is currently on an indefinite hiatus.

The Grinder E3 Walkthrough

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not as good as the trailer, but it shows more features and is still impressive for a title with another year of development left.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

The player sucks... Hint: Increase sensitivty, and learn to aim :/

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

ITS ON THE WII OLOLOLOLO

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Endogene

Heh this game is starting to look rather interesting. The dead zone in this hands on was indeed somewhat to big.

I'm a bit confused why a developer would make the character do a melee attack with the hilt of the gun when it has a bayonet.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

Long load times haha, but its probley just an early dev issue, very Left 4 deadish but thats a good thing, thanks for staying on top of all these vids.

Destructible enviroments and i assume there will be Online co-op, isnt that the point? I cannot believe this is on wii, very impressive

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah it's all about online co-op. They've said they aim for zero load times actually. Meh, Source games take ages to load up and start playing on my top of the line PC anyway. As long as it doesn't interrupt when you actually play, it's all good.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

Sweet, but i really i wanted to see the guy actually die once in this vid because i always worry about the AI, cant wait though

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Wow, the ending of part two with the two werewolves and lots of minions was awesome. This guy would have died a billion times normally, seemd to have some kind of health regen cheat button and spammed it every 5 seconds on occasion.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind

The conduit was a pretty bad game.  My thoughts for this game really isn't positive.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

The Conduit has mostly positive reviews (even excluding IGN and the Nintendo related media) so it probably did some things quite right in order to please a particular audience that understood what HVS set out to deliver, which wasn't Metal Killzone Halo 4 in terms of production values, scope and focus, as they're a small developer and previously inexperienced with such titles. Perhaps it wasn't what you're looking for, and perhaps The Grinder, coupled with their experience from The Conduit's development, will be more up your alley. Who knows?

Not that this thread needed reviving just for that random statement, but whatever, thanks for reminding me these videos, they're still cool.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By End_Boss
    @Endogene said:
    " Heh this game is starting to look rather interesting. The dead zone in this hands on was indeed somewhat to big.I'm a bit confused why a developer would make the character do a melee attack with the hilt of the gun when it has a bayonet. "
    Well, I don't know if the developer was thinking this, but a possible advantage to using the butt as opposed to the bayonet is the possibility for the bayonet to become lodged in your assailant, locking you in close-quarters. This is particularly bad when your assailant is a hairless vampire thing.

As for the game, I'm not terribly optimistic. Save for a few sequences, it seems to suffer from some of the issues The Conduit did: slow enemies, deliberately paced encounters, dull environments and an awkward aiming system. Let me just say as a disclaimer to that that I do not believe that a developer should get away with shoddy controls simply by adding a customization feature. As Gerstmann said in his Conduit review, it's up to them, not us, to make their game control well.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

What you're seeing is 2 months of development. The Conduit appears to control good for more people than it does bad, even simply going by the not-Nintendo-related media outlets as I said in the last comment. Perhaps those who find it bad should tweak it to their preference, because if HVS did, then perhaps those who found it good, which seem to outnumber the rest, would then find it bad, and therefor it would do worse? They're hardly complicated options from what I've seen after all, and you don't have to finely tune them if you're hard pressed for play time. Adjusting the few core options, focusing on what you find wrong with them, until you're comfortable with them should be enough... After all, it's similar on PC. The average user tends to prefer low sensitivity options and the WASD keys, but you do see a number of hardcore gamers set them insanely high and change the keys completely. The developer couldn't possibly tweak it to suit all of them in this case, and with the Wii's complex floaty aiming (this style is also used in some PC games like Operation Flashpoint) it would be even less possible, hence the options.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.