Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Issues with saving?

• 58 results
    jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kishinfoulux: Its been fixed. and to be honest its my favorite games of the year so far.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

10/10. GOTY 2013 M I RITE GUYS?

It's a bug that affected some people during part of one day, and was then promptly fixed. I'm all for pitchforks and torches, but this ain't SimCity.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

Overall I'm really digging this game so far (The AI seems a bit dumb at times though which sucks). Did just lose 2 hours of progress to this bug however which isn't great.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ahh just meet ellie turned it off came back and I'm back at the prologue! Well at least the issue is fixed now, I hope.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rvone said:

@gkhan said:

Also here

Isn't it great that network connectivity can severely impact single player experiences? Always online is the future, for real.

Yeah this situation is terribly ironic.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By gkhan

@flacracker said:

@rvone said:

@gkhan said:

Also here

Isn't it great that network connectivity can severely impact single player experiences? Always online is the future, for real.

Yeah this situation is terribly ironic.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the multiplayer. I haven't tried it yet (so I don't know), but maybe you unlock stuff for multiplayer in singleplayer, so it checks with a server to make sure that the save file hasn't been tampered with. Would be a real bad thing to do (heed the gospel of Jonathan Blow: singleplayer games should never touch network hardware!), but that could be it.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By kaos_cracker

I been playing for 2 hours or so and I do hard saves every now and then, nothing wrong yet

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that is troubling to read, especially that the way to fix it is to re-launch it. I just stopped briefly but as the auto-save didn't seem to be stopping I luckily left it running. So it seems my options are to either re-launch and perhaps lose hours of progress, or go back and play till I finish the whole thing.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By GunstarRed

Didn't go look at anything being said about the game today... I was about 8 hours in... all gone. Really, really, really pissed off. I don't think I want to play this game anymore.

I think I'll have to give it a bit of time before I return to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.