Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Story

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 27, 2011

A Wii-exclusive RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi's studio Mistwalker. It tells the tale of a young mercenary that dreams to become a knight, but finds himself immersed in adventure and political intrigue after a mysterious power is bestowed upon him.

Anyone playing this game?

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By zonikjj

Just wondering if anyone is currently playing through this right now. I just started today and I'm loving it! It reminds me of Final Fantasy XII. I'm I could find someone here to talk about it and stuff.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Did you make this thread to piss off American gamers by reminding them of what they don't have yet :P?

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zonikjj

@Video_Game_King: No, that's why I had to ask if anyone was playing it! There are some European users (and importing type people) here I think.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

How is the story and soundtrack? I know you have not played much but first impressions are welcome.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Video_Game_King said:

Did you make this thread to piss off American gamers by reminding them of what they don't have yet :P?

I'm still waiting for my copy of Xenoblade, let alone this one D: If only Radiant Historia was any good, I'd focus on that and the time would fly by unnoticed. Alas, such is not the case and I am fated to count the minutes as they pass by, ever so slowly. ; ;

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@PixelPrinny:

........*transforms into Rosch* You wanna mess with a guy who has a big-ass lance AND a steampunk claw?

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zonikjj

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

How is the story and soundtrack? I know you have not played much but first impressions are welcome.

Well, I'm about 3 hours in and the story is ok. It's standard JRPG status, so (at least so far) it has been very predictable. At one point, I felt like they took an entire scene from the Disney movie Aladdin when two of the main characters entered the market (which was HILARIOUS to me). I'm American, so the British accents in my JRPG are more novel to me than they probably should be haha!

The soundtrack is actually nice and well orchestrated. It's something you would expect from your PS1/PS2 era Final Fantasy game; memorable.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Video_Game_King: Sure, all I have to do is kill one of the crappy soldiers under your command and you'll turn into a whining, blubbering wimp who refuses to fight.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By wadtomaton

I have a copy ordered through amazon, would have imported it if I had to. Just picked up Xenoblade today too :D

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@PixelPrinny:

Or I'd just summon more soldiers. My powers are incredibly flexible; essentially, they are only limited by my imagination.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Video_Game_King: Clearly you don't realize who you turned into.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

@PixelPrinny:

Or maybe you've forgotten that I can assume another form entirely.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#13  Edited By Mento  Moderator

It was my first review for this site. I enjoyed it a lot, despite figuring it would be overshadowed by Xenoblade, which I had only just beaten before playing The Last Story. It wasn't, since it was felt like a very different experience. FFT mixed with Gears of War was what I described it as at the time, I think.

Soundtrack's very conventional, which is generally a good thing for Uematsu since he sometimes needs to be reined in. The exception is the absolutely nutso final boss theme, which I adore for reasons I can't explain. Spoiler warning: Don't read the comments if you decide to look up that song ("The One Ruling Everything") on YouTube.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

I feel bad for not picking it or Xenoblade up, but I'm so behind in my backlog there doesn't seem like a point.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zonikjj

@Mento:

How long did it take you to finish?

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#16  Edited By Mento  Moderator

@ZOnikJJ: In hours? Like around 35. But then I tend to dawdle. I can't tell you how long I spent wandering around the city looking for shinies on the ground.

It has a brisk pace and not a huge amount of side-content, but that can be a good thing if you're coming down off something massive like Xenoblade. It can be a good thing if you're not fond of pouring days' worth of time into a game in general, too.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zonikjj

@Mento said:

@ZOnikJJ: In hours? Like around 35. But then I tend to dawdle. I can't tell you how long I spent wandering around the city looking for shinies on the ground.

It has a brisk pace and not a huge amount of side-content, but that can be a good thing if you're coming down off something massive like Xenoblade. It can be a good thing if you're not fond of pouring days' worth of time into a game in general, too.

Ah kk. Thanks. I'm doing sort of a critical path run (it's really linear anyway lolz).

I also found out today that using a Classic Controller Pro instead of the old Classic Controller makes the game suck a lot less. Aiming with the crossbow using the old classic was a bit awkward.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.