Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

Which version will be HD-ified?

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eddiephlash

Just curious if Nintendo have specified whether this will be the Wii version with shoddy motion controls or the superior GameCube version.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly hadn't even considered that there would be the Wii version, but I guess this game will almost certainly have the option to play with a Wii-remote & Nunchuck right? I forgot the WiiU has Wiimotes as well.

As long as I can play it with the Gamepad acting like a gamecube controller i'll be just fine. But if they are giving this game similar treatment to what they did with The Windwaker HD then i would think they'd give you the option of both version's controls? And it'd be rad if they let you flip the game world from left to right for both versions.

If this were just, say, a port of the Wii version on the virtual console I probably wouldn't be interested. but if they've put a little work into it then i'm down.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I would guess they would make you commit to a control scheme when you make the save file, I don't see you being able to go back and forth between a flipped world and a non-flipped world. Or maybe they'll say fuck it and just have the game cube controls with some gyro thrown in for aiming.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a feeling that being made into a Wii U game will force the use of the gamepad in some way, so it will most likely be based off the version that actually used a standard controller. Or at least as close to standard as you could consider the Gamecube controller.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All the footage they've shown so far shows Link left-handed and the world not flipped, so make of that what you will.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

It's the GameCube version. Link's left handed, the world is oriented the way it was on GC, and the cutscenes aren't flipped horizontally like they were on Wii.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'm just now remembering how insane it is that they flipped the whole game rather than changing Link's animations.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm just now remembering how insane it is that they flipped the whole game rather than changing Link's animations.

Right? Still one of the most baffling things ever

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just curious if Nintendo have specified whether this will be the Wii version with shoddy motion controls or the superior GameCube version.

I happened to like aiming the bow and such with the wiimote, swinging the sword though not so much.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@eddiephlash: The footage from the Nintendo Direct shows gamepad controls in the upper left and right.

Loading Video...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take the non flipped left handed gamecube world with optional wii remote controls please.

with fries and a coke

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@doctordonkey: Your solution is possible, but I still think it would be counterintuitive to have two different world map arrangements on the same disc. It seems like it would be easier to say "We've remastered the controls to work with the Wii U Gamepad!", meaning they use the GameCube control system and world map and they don't support Wii Remote and Nunchuk at all.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@eddiephlash said:

I happened to like aiming the bow and such with the wiimote, swinging the sword though not so much.

Wind Waker HD had gyro aiming for the bow, so I bet this will too.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GameCube version, please. Not only is it the One True Version of the game, but the waggle controls for the sword are just a baffling idea.

Now, if they retrofitted the Skyward Sword motion controls to Twilight Princess, and fixed the one problem with those controls, that'd be another matter...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.