Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

I can't play games like The Sims anymore.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

A week ago today I got my iMac, it is pretty hard to believe it's already been a week, it seems like I have had it for at least a month. I've been spending a large amount of time on my Mac, most of that time has been spent playing The Sims 3. Now before you start to bitch to me let me point out that I had a lot of fun playing Sims 3, it is a really good game and I've sunk about 30 + hours into the game, but I think I'm done with Sims 3. Now I know that it is a never ending game as with all other main Sim games, which was great when I was a child playing the original Sims. However know I am a adult, I'm no longer at the young age of 10. My mind is not as easy to please as it once was, and here comes the issue that I find I have with Sims 3 and I suppose games like Sims 3 in general, is that there is no end.

That is not to say the game lacks a direction, you can choose to raise a skill to the top level or amass a huge amount of money or get to the top of a carer path. There are a vast variety of new jobs that were quite fun like the Ghost Buster job or the fireman job, and there are a bunch of new and fun ways to make a skill go up like inventing a time machine. But I am getting to the point where I am looking at the game and wondering what I am doing, why am I doing this? So I got to the top of my carer branch and can advance no further, now what do I do? I don't want to start a new career or really carry on with this one because I have a huge amount of money. I also have bought pretty much everything in the game so there is no need to buy anything else. My skills are pretty much at the top with most of My Sims and don't really find it all that fun to get my body skill up to 10.

So I really was depressed for a while as I was just waking up, having a shower, going to the toilet and then not knowing what to spend my time doing seeing as I've done everything. The reason i kept playing was because I always wanted to see what came after the next corner, what would I be-able to make now my inventing skill was a level higher or what machine would I get to catch ghosts this time. But once you've got to the top you either start another family and do it all again or just keep playing on the same family with nothing to do because hey you've done it all. Despite the fact I wasn't really enjoying the game at this point I was still playing a lot of it, It had turned into the bad MMO frame of mind at that point, it's not that fun anymore once you do all the quests and have all skills high but I still keep playing anyway.

The game has also had a impact on my real life to, since playing Sims 3 my mind has started to think from a Sims point of view. It's hard to explain but I've started to act like a Sim instead of me, so it's had a psychological impact on me too. It has also turned into Runescape and Black Ops in a way that I've spent far to much time playing it, I've avoided going out with friends, I've been staying up so late and getting up so early and even avoiding family and locking myself in my room to do what? To spend all my time getting lots of money that I can't do anything with because I've bought everything anyway so it just goes towards food and bills which will never end anyway so I'm in this constant loop which i am now releasing myself from!

From playing Sims 3 I think I have learnt that I am a fan of direction and overall end, I suppose my mind has become to complex for me to simply enjoy games like this, sad but true. This blog makes me look like a crazy person, well....

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

A week ago today I got my iMac, it is pretty hard to believe it's already been a week, it seems like I have had it for at least a month. I've been spending a large amount of time on my Mac, most of that time has been spent playing The Sims 3. Now before you start to bitch to me let me point out that I had a lot of fun playing Sims 3, it is a really good game and I've sunk about 30 + hours into the game, but I think I'm done with Sims 3. Now I know that it is a never ending game as with all other main Sim games, which was great when I was a child playing the original Sims. However know I am a adult, I'm no longer at the young age of 10. My mind is not as easy to please as it once was, and here comes the issue that I find I have with Sims 3 and I suppose games like Sims 3 in general, is that there is no end.

That is not to say the game lacks a direction, you can choose to raise a skill to the top level or amass a huge amount of money or get to the top of a carer path. There are a vast variety of new jobs that were quite fun like the Ghost Buster job or the fireman job, and there are a bunch of new and fun ways to make a skill go up like inventing a time machine. But I am getting to the point where I am looking at the game and wondering what I am doing, why am I doing this? So I got to the top of my carer branch and can advance no further, now what do I do? I don't want to start a new career or really carry on with this one because I have a huge amount of money. I also have bought pretty much everything in the game so there is no need to buy anything else. My skills are pretty much at the top with most of My Sims and don't really find it all that fun to get my body skill up to 10.

So I really was depressed for a while as I was just waking up, having a shower, going to the toilet and then not knowing what to spend my time doing seeing as I've done everything. The reason i kept playing was because I always wanted to see what came after the next corner, what would I be-able to make now my inventing skill was a level higher or what machine would I get to catch ghosts this time. But once you've got to the top you either start another family and do it all again or just keep playing on the same family with nothing to do because hey you've done it all. Despite the fact I wasn't really enjoying the game at this point I was still playing a lot of it, It had turned into the bad MMO frame of mind at that point, it's not that fun anymore once you do all the quests and have all skills high but I still keep playing anyway.

The game has also had a impact on my real life to, since playing Sims 3 my mind has started to think from a Sims point of view. It's hard to explain but I've started to act like a Sim instead of me, so it's had a psychological impact on me too. It has also turned into Runescape and Black Ops in a way that I've spent far to much time playing it, I've avoided going out with friends, I've been staying up so late and getting up so early and even avoiding family and locking myself in my room to do what? To spend all my time getting lots of money that I can't do anything with because I've bought everything anyway so it just goes towards food and bills which will never end anyway so I'm in this constant loop which i am now releasing myself from!

From playing Sims 3 I think I have learnt that I am a fan of direction and overall end, I suppose my mind has become to complex for me to simply enjoy games like this, sad but true. This blog makes me look like a crazy person, well....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Your Mac

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

That last paragraph is awesome.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mnzy
    @PeasantAbuse said:

That last paragraph is awesome.

I think my mind it too complex for the last paragraph.
    loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By loopy_101

At a time, I called Sims 2 my second favourite game of all time.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Take a drink every time Hizang mentions his iMac in his blogs. You'll be fuuuuuuucked.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany
    @OllyOxenFree

Take a drink every time Hizang mentions his iMac in his blogs. You'll be fuuuuuuucked.

I don't wanna die yet!
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta

I still play the sims 3, from time to time. it's a great game to play when listening to podcasts

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

I've only dabbled in Sims games, but this blog makes me sad. Growing up is hard to do.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

I have never played a game like the sims. I'm just not that 'jigsaw'. Or was it 'buzzface'. 'Sawpuppet'. Whatever...

It's just, either I shoot or I race or I punch - or I get all OCD over loot and other online multiplayer ambitions.

Sims is for cat people. I'm more the mad dog type. Btw. Anybody saw the very furry reboot of the 'Thundercats'?

thebexexpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thebexexpress

I find these games pretty endlessly playable (I've only just installed 3, but I'm a 2 freak). But what I do is make a whole new neighbourhood, make all the houses, all the community lots, all the Sims, and then start over again when I get bored.

I haven't worked out if that's going to work for me on the Sims 3 yet. I haven't used Create A World yet but I do not think I will like it.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clstirens

Make an 8 sim household. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryanwho

How is the first post not <>

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PillClinton

I played the first Sims when it came out. It was aight.

@ryanwho said:

How is the first post not <>

huge missed opportunity

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.