Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims 3

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Electronic Arts follows up to the hugely successful Sims 2 with an improved character creation system, an open neighborhood, and a greater focus on character development.

Question about characters

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

Are there different save files you can use for this game? Like can you create two independent characters in their own worlds? I'm planning on getting this for my sister for Christmas but I might want to try it out at some point as well. Making sure that there is such a feature just in case. 

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I know you can have characters in different towns. Don't know if characters in the same town would have different worlds.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Geno
    @Karmum said:

" I know you can have characters in different towns. Don't know if characters in the same town would have different worlds. "

But I mean, the two characters in different towns, they would be completely independent of each other as if you had two copies of the game? Like how one character file in Mass Effect won't affect another character type of thing and you can select which one to use in the menu? 
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karmum
    @Geno said:
    " @Karmum said:

" I know you can have characters in different towns. Don't know if characters in the same town would have different worlds. "

But I mean, the two characters in different towns, they would be completely independent of each other as if you had two copies of the game? Like how one character file in Mass Effect won't affect another character type of thing and you can select which one to use in the menu?  "
    Yes. One saved file will contain everything in that town, and a different save file would have different stuff.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Geno
    @Karmum: Ok, and any limit to how many save files/characters there can be? 
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
    @Geno: Yes I do believe you can create different neighbourhoods, with each being totally independant of one another.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karmum
    @Geno: 
    I'm looking at my game menu right now, and I only see four slots. I only have two used, so I don't know if it continues after four.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Geno

Ok, thanks for responses guys. I'm going to get it off D2D right now to check it out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.