Temple of Elemental Evil for FREE (among other things)

#1 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11904 posts) -

I am ArbitraryWater and I approve this message.

#3 Edited by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -

Not really free if you have to buy something first but still a nice deal. I bought NWN Diamond Edition and Planescape: Torment yesterday. Never played any of them but always heard about how Torment story is good and all. Temple of Elemental Evil is a nice bonus, they really put a lot of effort into using proper D&D rules on a game, and as a Dungeon Master at the time they released it I could really appreciate that.

EDIT: Also worth noting is that if you buy a D&D game you'll get another one PLUS ToEE (provided you don't already have it), so in my case I got 3 games for the price of 1.

#4 Posted by AndrewB (7663 posts) -

What? WHAT! YES... I mean... I already own this game and all, but still!

Buy one of the greatest things ever (Baldur's Gate) and get a free also awesome game. Love GoG.

#5 Edited by MattyFTM (14415 posts) -

Yeah, GoG emailed me about that this morning. It's buy one get one free + get Elimential Evil for free, so you're getting three games for the price of one. I was just thinking about buying Neverwinter Nights the other day, since I fancied playing it and didn't know where my CD was. Glad I decided against it now. But now I have the dilemma, which other game do I get with it? I've heard great things about Planescape Torment and Baldurs Gate. But which one do I get? Or do I go with another game? Dragonshard looks kinda cool, and it's more modern. I'm worried the older games won't have aged well.

#6 Posted by AndrewB (7663 posts) -

@MattyFTM: You get Baldur's Gate, or double down and get Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and Planescape Torment for a tad under $20. But then you'd be so overloaded with story-driven RPG that you'd be glued to your computer for months on end.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

But I already have all the free Temple of Elemental Evil I could ever want.

#8 Edited by DeF (4921 posts) -

the whole D&D collection (all baldur's gate, icewind dale, planescape, temple of EE games) is on sale on gamersgate right now for under 10 bucks! (don't know specifics, I paid 6,78 EUR). digital download, DRM free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.