Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead - The Final Season

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 13, 2018

The fourth and final season of Telltale's adaptation of The Walking Dead wraps up the story of series' protagonist Clementine.

Is anyone here interested in this?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is anyone here interested in this? (162 votes)

Yeah, I've stuck with it from the beginning and going to finish it off (level of excitement can be expressed below). 22%
    Eh, kind of? I haven't really kept up with it. I might get it. 19%
    Noooope! I'm super done with Telltale's Walking Dead games. I played one or two of the previous ones, but not all. 33%
    Heck yeah! Although, I should say that I never actually played the other Walking Dead games before, so... Weird huh? 1%
    No, I haven't even played the previous games, so why start now? 10%
    No, I've played all the other ones, but honestly I'm just done with these games. 8%
    Hmm. I don't know. Let me see what others thought. 3%
    Something else not listed. I might explain below. 5%

It's somewhat telling considering that it's almost out and no one has posted a thing in the forums. I am guessing most are just done with this series? I'd be lying if I said I had the utmost excitement for it myself (especially considering we have to wait for the episodes; I am not a huge fan episodic stuff, just give me it all at once), but I know I'll most likely be seeing Clementine's story to the end since I've played the previous ones and liked them all. The third season was getting to that point, for me at least (it may have already hit others previously) where it was a been there done that kind of experience. No matter how surprising some of it may have been, the surprises are just the expectation, so in that sense, even the surprises are rote to a degree, like 'oh, you killed off that character? What? Oh yeah, that should have been expected.'

• 
    Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Quality has gone up and down, but I'm with Clementine to the end. Which, frankly, looks like it's coming mighty soon. Calling it the final season, and putting Clem in the mentor role. It doesn't look good, does it. I'm ready to have my heart ripped out.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shiftygism

Not super looking forward to it, I really enjoyed the first, thought the second was alright, but didn't play the rest. I did however get in on the preorder deal as they're giving away the series collection, so I'll probably revisit/binge it soon. I'll likely wait until all the episodes of the final season drop before starting that one though. Hope they can end it as well as they started.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loved season one, but I haven’t played since then. I’ll get to it exentually as I’ve enjoyed all the Telltale games I’ve played to varying levels.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched an LP of season 1, but that's it. i'm just not comfortable buying Telltale's games. They offer too little bang for my buck, so they're relegated to YouTube only, and even then, the only series I've watched all the way through so far is Batman.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've done the first 3 season Yeah I'm curious how Clementine's story will end. But I just cannot play another game in that boring, stale, same old TellTale engine. A pass for me.

BaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I fell off Telltale games hard, I had no idea there was a THIRD season let alone a fourth one coming out next week.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@baconbits: Maybe because it wasn't called Season Three. You know of A New Frontier right? You don't play as Clementine throughout most of it, she's an important character, but more of a side one compared to Javi.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

I really got into the first season, I enjoyed the second season (but I could barely tell you anything about it), I skipped 3, and I suppose I'm skipping this as well.

I'd gladly play Wolf Among Us 2 and TFT Borderlands 2, but I don't think I have it in me to play any more Walking Dead.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Only played season 1 and 2 from walking dead, but would play another Wolf Among Us

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Loved the first one, liked the second one, still haven't gotten to the third. I'll get around to them eventually.

BaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm:

Really?! I think the last one I heard of was the Michonne spin-off, I've only played Season 1 and 2. I genuinely enjoy the choose-your-own-adventure-ness of Telltale Games, but yeah, fell off that wagon.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baconbits: I know you say you fell off of the wagon, but now that you know there was a Season Three, does that at all interest you? I mean, you say you do like the choose your own adventure style that Telltale does, and you did play Season One and Two. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I was just curious nonetheless.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

@draugen said:

Quality has gone up and down, but I'm with Clementine to the end. Which, frankly, looks like it's coming mighty soon. Calling it the final season, and putting Clem in the mentor role. It doesn't look good, does it. I'm ready to have my heart ripped out.

This.

I'm yet to play through Season 3 but enjoyed Season 2 and loved Season 1. I'm hoping Telltale really pull out the stops for this final chapter.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About time. Hopefully the TV shows will follow suit pretty soon.

Look... zombies are dumb. The entire premise behind their existence is dumb. I get it, they're just a narrative device to explore how people react to an extreme situation but, please, let's move on.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

The only Telltale stuff I've played are The Walking Dead Season 1, and the first episode of Season 2. A part of me kind of wants to play through the entire series from beginning to end, but I'm also not sure if it is worth it. It's not out of Telltale fatigue, and I really enjoy all of the Life is Strange stuff so far, so I still have a craving for these type of games. This might be the type of thing where I post to the forums and ask "Was it all worth it" and see what the verdict is.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

The awful, AWFUL ending of Season 2 completely killed my interest not only in the rest of the Walking Dead series but for any Telltale game whatsoever since.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I’m just kinda super done with both Telltale and zombies in most circumstances (especially The Walking Dead.) Even after getting that first season of Batman for free on PS+, I have yet to even touch it. I’m sure it’s “fine” just as I imagine most of their recent output is “fine,” but I can’t get super excited about yet another story in that ancient engine with the same number of “meaningful choices” unless it’s like... another season of Tales from the Borderlands.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clementine is too good a character to not be at least a little interested.

Doesn't excuse how bad season 3 was though...

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I’m stoked. The first and third seasons were great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: I didn't much care for Season 1 of Batman (I think I also got it free if I remember correctly), but I really enjoyed a handful of moments in the second season even though the ending was super predictable and disappointing since it was yet again one of those 'yep, our choices didn't really matter all that much'. What it changes up in the Batman story is interesting, as it doesn't do the typical Batman story.

bobeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I want to name my daughter Clem (I have a 100% failure rate mentioning this to girlfriends) I'm gotta finish this trash story up.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Sure. I loved season 1&2, season 3 was ‘meh’, but I might as well get on the horse one more time

HansBak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might give it a try. I was really into season1, 2 and 3 were less exciting. For the sake of sweet nostalgic memories of s1, why not?

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm uninterested with TT games lately, so I might pick this up when it goes on sale, just to finish it.

Season 3 wasn't good at all.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2, but I'm not exactly rushing to play the rest. Nothing against them or Telltale, I'm just kinda done with that cast of characters.

Now, if Telltale actually ever does another Tales From the Borderlands, I am very much there for it. I have a suspicion that they're waiting for Borderlands 3 to come out, though.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, i dropped off hard after season 2 or 3 i lost count. All their games are identical and they always felt very janky and lifeless in its animations. I did however think season 1 and 2 where very strong.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man...Season 1 of Walking Dead left me an emotional wreck. Season 2 was fine but it felt like a chore to get through by the end. I dont know what it would take to get back into that series.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

Hey, instead of making a new thread, I thought I'd pop back on here and say that I just bought it. And wow, this was made nine months ago. I'm curious if anyone finished the Clementine story off and has (while being as spoiler-free as possible) anything to say about it. Also, it's interesting to see comments that were written before Telltale went out of business...

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Giant_Gamer

As a guy who still like the telltale formula, i gotta say that i have enjoyed this game. The biggest downside in this game, and in my opinion is the action cut scenes which makes you wish that they've stucked with QTEs alone.

Still, i liked how this game unfolds. AJ is a cool character but i wish that he was in his early teens so that the choices they're suggesting would make more sense.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: Beat the first episode this morning. Yeah, I like it. I like the new camera system they're going for. I think some of the lines aren't delivered perfectly. A lot of the time in games it's easily masked, but it seems like it's easy to tell that they voiced in a booth separate from one another rather than just motion captured or voices together because when one person says one thing, another character might respond and the response comes off as a bit awkwardly, like it's not the tone you'd expect. It doesn't happen too often, but it has happened. Also, the last scene I couldn't help but laugh out loud when AJ shoots Marlon in the head. Some of it feels forced just to make drama. Although I figure I'm going to say 'bad AJ' when the next episode starts.

That said, again, I like it. I liked the previous ones, and this isn't necessarily any different. I would say that I do get a sense of 'yep, I know how this is going to go' kind of feeling though. The structure of the story is always the same it seems from how it starts, to how it ends. I found it interesting also that almost every choice I made, it showed that statistically, I was in the minority. Playing on PS4. I know that it's pretty much going to end the same way for everyone, but I feel like making the decisions I might make in those situations still, or sometimes ones that I just think is fan service-y so I can hear about characters from the past.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beat it about 20 minutes ago. I thought it was good. It wasn't as strong as the first two seasons to me (it was probably as good as A New Frontier), but I liked it. And really, I'm just sad to see it all over, be it because it's simply the end, but also because Telltale is no longer. There haven't really been any games that I've thought a whole lot about after I finished it from this year. Not only that but since The Walking Dead Telltale games have been a thing for a while, it made me think about where I was in my life when I first played them, all the way to now as well as just my experience with the series as a whole.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Yeah, knowing that this the last telltale game is hard to deal with. It felt like a goodbye message and thankfully it didn't have a bad ending like Season 1 did.

I always felt like that some of the story decisions they made with their games have been heavily affected by the business model. It feels like they always want to bring a major twist at the end of an episode so that you can buy the next episode or the season pass but it didn't feel that they were trying too hard which is a good thing.

I only hope that they come back with a different studio name like the others who went bankrupt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.