Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Kenny (episode 1+2 spoilers)

• 69 results
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Khann said:

@DystopiaX said:

@Sweep said:

I fuckin' hate Kenny, though a lot of the time he does have a point. When we thought Duck was bitten I was ready to pull that trigger, but then when Kenny was trying to convince me to kill Larry I said no and he called me a hypocrite, which was uncomfortably true. However, I knew I was never going to be able to fuck Lily unless I take her side as often as possible.

He's a fucking coward, like when he ran off with his son when the tractor was running that guy over in episode one. And he just argues and fucks shit up. I actually got really angry every time I found myself agreeing with anything he said. Fuck Kenny.

I think they did a really good job of making most of the people really unlikable lol

I saved the geek dude in the first episode and both Lily and Kenny hate me. Made friends with the new dude from episode 2 though so at least the whole survivor group doesn't hate my guts

Wait... the new dude? You mean the one that was (almost) eaten?

Maybe he's talking about the guy in the bear trap? Can you actually save that guy? That guy died in my playthrough.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Zenogiasu

Two things really changed my opinion about Kenny:

1. The salt-lick incident (he could have at least told Clem to look away)
    2. Afterwards, when I asked him "What if it was Katjaa or Duck?" and he just said "I won't let that happen."

Kenny likes to pretend that he can make all the tough choices, but killing Larry was the easy way out. He only cares about his family, which I understand, but I think his paranoia is rising to such a level that he will perceive anyone outside of his family as a threat. I don't want him dead, but his presence in the group is just toxic.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By DystopiaX

@Sweep said:

@Khann said:

@DystopiaX said:

@Sweep said:

I fuckin' hate Kenny, though a lot of the time he does have a point. When we thought Duck was bitten I was ready to pull that trigger, but then when Kenny was trying to convince me to kill Larry I said no and he called me a hypocrite, which was uncomfortably true. However, I knew I was never going to be able to fuck Lily unless I take her side as often as possible.

He's a fucking coward, like when he ran off with his son when the tractor was running that guy over in episode one. And he just argues and fucks shit up. I actually got really angry every time I found myself agreeing with anything he said. Fuck Kenny.

I think they did a really good job of making most of the people really unlikable lol

I saved the geek dude in the first episode and both Lily and Kenny hate me. Made friends with the new dude from episode 2 though so at least the whole survivor group doesn't hate my guts

Maybe he's talking about the guy in the bear trap? Can you actually save that guy? That guy died in my playthrough.

The dude who was let in cause he had buttloads of food and is "foraging" with you when you find the guy in the beartrap? At least I thought he was new.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By beargirl1

i regret siding with Kenny for most of my choices in episode 2, especially with Larry and the food. i really regret taking the food. i don't know why i sided with him there, even when i felt that it wasn't right. however, those choices i made are gonna stick regardless if i regret them or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@DystopiaX said:

@Sweep said:

@Khann said:

@DystopiaX said:

@Sweep said:

The dude who was let in cause he had buttloads of food and is "foraging" with you when you find the guy in the beartrap? At least I thought he was new.

He's the one who got shot with the arrow, then had his legs chopped off and fed to the group, mate. :P

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By retrovirus

@Pezen said:

It's interesting to read how people perceive characters. I always liked Kenny, he sometimes lack in social graces but he often has a point. Lily always rubbed me the wrong way, perhaps because of Larry or perhaps because she seems like one of those people that take control of a situation and hate it and anyone who questions them are assholes that don't appreciate their effort. I just never liked her attitude because it always seemed hostile for no reason. So by the end of Episode 2 Kenny got my back and Lily almost let me fry on the electric fence instead of shooting the dude, which is understandable in a way considering I dragged her off as Kenny smashed Larry's face in. Though during Episode 2 she did seem to balance out a bit more so who knows how the next one will end up.

My thoughts exactly. After talking to her about her asshole Dad, she was totally okay with him being that way because he was hurt and didn't want to lose her. Well buddy, the whole world's gone to shit, so stop complaining and start trying to cooperate. Also, yeah, I was pissed when she didn't take the shot at Andy! Her dad was going to die anyway, we probably couldn't have kept giving him meds, and with the revelation of how people turn, it was only a matter of time until we had to deal with him. Kenny's just way too nervous, but has the best intentions at heart.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I was just disappointed I couldn't cut Larry's throat at the end of the first episode.

Try and kill me and then threaten me afterwards? I would have put the axe through his fucking face!

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By ashleychittock

@Oldirtybearon said:

I got where he was coming from, even I disagreed with his logic. Until one specific moment.

I'm down, one of the cannibal brothers is about to kill me, and I look to Kenny for help, who just stares back, and then looks away to avoid getting blood on his face. I had his back throughout Episode 1 and 2 (mostly), and what'd he do? He just hid. That betrayal just cut any loyalty I had for him. I wasn't necessarily surprised that Kenny's a coward, but I will remember that. In my time of need he didn't come through, when I had gone to bat for him many times over. So I'll be patiently grinding my ax until Episode 3, and see what opportunity there is for payback.

And it will be a bitch.

Pre-fuckin-cisely, brutha. I stuck up for him all the way through episode one and then he does that? We're done.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Sayishere

Man this game is amazing.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By MistaSparkle

Was all for Kenny in Ep 1, and beginning of Ep 2, but I think we could have saved Larry. Also Kenny's a little fucking bitch for not helping take out the first brother, I could have died. Oh yeah, and I also don't like Duck too much either.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MysteriousFawx

There was 1 key point that added to my hate of Kenny and basically secured my siding with Lilly.

On the road to the car where the group takes/steals the supplies, I confronted him about killing Larry in the locker, which leads Lee to say how he saved Duck and Kat, which is true. Kenny then takes that moment to proclaim he infact saved them because he killed Larry which let us escape the meat locker alive.

That right there pissed me off enough to want to see this guy get whats coming to him. Between running away with Duck and not helping...watching one of the St. John's hold a rifle to my head and do nothing and simply failing to protect his utter dick of a son, this guy is nothing but trouble...even moreso than Larry was.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Binman88

Yeah, sided with him for episode 1 and mostly against him for episode 2 (although he was ok in the camp at the start). Even forgetting about the jerk decisions he makes, the fact that he doesn't try to save you from the brother at the end of episode 2, and his acting like a full on dramatic bitch at times, the correct and smart decision you would make in that situation would be to side with Lilly. I think shes the more capable colleague you'd want.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CL60

I sided with him in episode 1 but in episode 2 I realized what a dickface he was. Sadly the game glitched and it tells me I sided with him to kill Larry, when I really didn't.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Nottle

What i really like about the game so far is that at least the way i see things no one in our group has done anything that i could not empathize with. I get that Kenny looks out for his family, and that they come first. He goes headfirst to save them but hesitates to protect me.

I could say the same thing about Larry, he's a jerkass and i hated him the entirety of episode 1 until the very end when it was clear he wanted his daughter and Clem to be safe. Maybe you forget but as far as we know Lee is a convicted murderer. Larry being a jerk to him is justifiable because he know Lee has a past. Also I felt like he was pretty reasonable on the dairy. He wanted the group to get there food. Also he was flirty to the mom there which was kind of a nice moment for Larry, I'm glad he wasn't the instigator for every situation.

Though I do feel like as time goes on Kenny is becoming more like Larry. I want to make everyone happy but its just so hard. I ran out of time during the choice with the salt lick. Kenny called me a coward. I want to be a his friend but he's tearing the group apart. When we talked about it later I told him he's no hero but he's also a good guy at heart.

I can't wait for episode 3.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#65  Edited By natetodamax

@CL60 said:

I sided with him in episode 1 but in episode 2 I realized what a dickface he was. Sadly the game glitched and it tells me I sided with him to kill Larry, when I really didn't.

Wow, really? I was hoping that that glitch was exclusive to the first episode, but having it screw up your choices in the second as well is.... man. The game screwed up the Herschel and Kenny decisions for me in the first episode, so now whenever I talk to Kenny he's always grumpy about me not listening to him. But I totally did in the pharmacy.

Hopefully this doesn't happen in future episodes, because having one of the key components of the game nearly broken is unacceptable. Regardless, I'm loving the experience.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#66  Edited By brownsfantb

@Ramone said:

Fuck Kenny and Lily. Carley, Clem and Lee are the only people I care about.

This. I'll fucking drop everybody else in the group to keep them alive.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@brownsfantb said:

@Ramone said:

Fuck Kenny and Lily. Carley, Clem and Lee are the only people I care about.

This. I'll fucking drop everybody else in the group to keep them alive.

Pretty much, though after the second episode I think I'd add Lilly to that list.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By bkbroiler

I did a complete 180 on Kenny. Fuck him so hard. What really cemented it for me was when I was being attacked by the farm people, Kenny just sat that and DID NOTHING. That asshole!

Telltale is doing such a good job with this game.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#69  Edited By natetodamax

I don't actually hate Kenny, though I definitely don't trust him as much as I did in the first episode. I almost helped him kill Larry, but there was some part of me that believed we could revive him. I don't know. It'll be interesting to see his behavior in episode 3. I don't think I can handle any more crap from him at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.