Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Having trouble importing save

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cornman89

Anyone else having trouble? When I finished The Witcher 1, I saved in the Order of the Flaming Rose right after waking up from the last fight, then finished the game and saw credits. Now when I fire up The Witcher 2, it says "Witcher 1 saves unavailable". I know my saves are in the right place: My Documents/The Witcher/saves. But no luck.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed. Saved too late. The game only recognizes saves in the Ice Plains, for anyone having the same problem.

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By omghisam

I am still having problems with this too. I have multiple saves from the Ice Plains and still nothing. I went back and tried to make manual saves at the beginning of the level and at the end and Witcher 2 still doesn't recognize the save. The GOG forum is still trying to figure this out too. 

Scavar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scavar

You need to make a manual save from the Courtyard of the Flaming Rose. Literally right after the Ice Plains and when you pick up the stuff from the guys body.

The save file should be called "xxxxxx - Order of the Flaming Rose-xxx.TheWitcherSave"  The "X" represent the number of the save file, which will be different for everyone depending on how many save files you have.

This file should be located in "C:\Users\Username\Documents\The Witcher\saves" 

Hope this helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.