Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Having some problems with the PC version

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

Like most people, I've just restarted TW3 again after the success of the TV show. First time I played it, I played on a base PS4 and it was...left wanting I guess. I've just installed it on the PC and it's like a completely different game. However, I'm running into a really weird problem.

No Caption Provided

So, this is the layout for the controller. It looks very similar to the PS4 version. But...when I press RT, it does the strong strike. And RB does the light strike. And Y opens up the sign menu. And there is ZERO WAY to cast signs with a controller.

Is this because I'm using a 360 controller? I actually don't know what's going on.

I think I know what's going on, but bear with me.

On the fresh install, I downloaded "The Enchanced Edition" mod for TW3, which is a total conversion of the mechanics. Now, I have a feeling that when I installed that, it changed the layout of the controller. I hated the EE (It was NUTS hard) and uninstalled it. However, I think the controller changes persisted? When I loaded the game with just the vanilla stuff, the controller prompts were all wonkey and fucked up.

Now, I've tried two different installs of The Witcher 3. The one I tried first was the Steam install. Then I "Pirated it" (Despite owning the game on steam) just to see if a fresh install would fix it, but it hasn't. I have a feeling that the .ini in the documents folder is shared between installs, and that's the problem.

But if it is, how would I go about fixing that?

This is really frustrating. People are saying I should just use mouse and keys, but shouldn't I be allowed to play a game I payed for, how I want?

Any ideas would be swell

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

According to PCGW, the config files are located in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Witcher 3\. There also appears to be another config file at <path-to-game>\bin\config\base\hidden.ini that has some control options. You might want to try moving these files to another location and then let the game recreate them or repair your Steam install.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

According to PCGW, the config files are located in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Witcher 3\. There also appears to be another config file at <path-to-game>\bin\config\base\hidden.ini that has some control options. You might want to try moving these files to another location and then let the game recreate them or repair your Steam install.

That's sorted it straight up. You're a hero

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.